Oakland Votes To Remove Police From Schools

I have never been a fan of police officers in schools, so this is fine by me. Schools need to be handling their own disciplinary issues, not pawning them off on law enforcement.
Yeah great. So you hate kids too.

No, I hate police states. The question is why conservatards love them so much. You guys scream about small government and wave your Gadsden flags around while worshiping the authoritarian state out of the other side of your mouth.
A cop sitting in an office or walking by you is a threat to you?
You’re mentally ill.

What could possibly go wrong?

See how many really pissed off parents won't send their future anarchists to school in the Fall.
Everyone should stop sending in their school tax payments.

Public schools are doomed frankly.....this is just one more nail......in less than twenty years most schooling will be remote.

JO
Who is going to watch your little crotch goblins when they are supposed to be doing their lessons?

Exactly it promises to be the onset of an age of Severe ignorance and low education levels.
We used to use ignorance to explain stupidity before the internet....................Now what do we have to say about that???

I have never been a fan of police officers in schools, so this is fine by me. Schools need to be handling their own disciplinary issues, not pawning them off on law enforcement.
Yeah great. So you hate kids too.

No, I hate police states. The question is why conservatards love them so much. You guys scream about small government and wave your Gadsden flags around while worshiping the authoritarian state out of the other side of your mouth.
A cop sitting in an office or walking by you is a threat to you?
You’re mentally ill.

My brother is a cop, you imbecile. It's not his job to be a babysitter.

Wonderful.
Why were there police in schools in the first place? We will find out.

How did it stop what happened in Parkland?

You clearly have no experience in education. the SRO's have a lot more to do than just simply stop a potential mass shooter.

Ever seen a gang jump a kid and paralyze them at a school? Ever had a teenager attempt to intimidate you and fight you in a classroom before (granted my students threatened to intervene but still). Ever have underage kids bring guns to your work place? Ever had a kid leave your classroom so they can "go sell molly"? Ever have a girl prostituting herself out in the girls' bathroom to make money from boys? I have to all of the above and clearly you haven't because you have no experience education. Ever have a male student throw an unopened (but unused) condom at a female student? Ever have a student grab a female's student's ass-unwanted mind you? By the way half of what I'm saying here occurred at my current school which is one of the best in the state. I've worked at inner city schools and your affluent suburbs schools and the only difference in the drugs they do is that the suburban kids do more expensive drugs. The inner city schools tend to actually have more resources and programs for the kids (at least in my district). Teachers get paid more to work those schools...and most still pack up and move from them. You want to know why? I'll give you a hint: has nothing to do with the SRO and everything to do with the lack of accountability we have for students all across the country in regards to their behavior and academics.

Stop playing politics and listen to myself and some of my peers who actually do my job, maybe you'll learn a thing or two. I work in a high school and I'd guess that the political ratio is 70/30 Democrat/Republican and I can tell you that NOBODY wants the SRO gone. NOBODY. I understand that most Democrats think that they're on the sides of teachers and education and sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

You don't speak for teachers. Stop pretending like you know what it's like teaching at a public school. Just stop.

You have ignored what I wrote. This happens often. You don't read what I wrote, you read what you want what I wrote to say.

You wrote that you don't want SRO's in schools. I'm responding to that. You're ignorant on what's like being in a school today. Your opinion holds zero weight to it.

I'm far from an expert on many things but one thing I DO know about is being a highly effective (my rating my from district) public school teacher today with years of experience, the test scores, the awards, and respect among my co-workers and students alike to say that my opinion holds a hell of a lot more weight than yours.

Anytime you want to discuss what should go on with schools I'm down for the conversation, but it's apparent you have zero ethos.

Wonderful.

You clearly have no experience in education. the SRO's have a lot more to do than just simply stop a potential mass shooter.

Ever seen a gang jump a kid and paralyze them at a school? Ever had a teenager attempt to intimidate you and fight you in a classroom before (granted my students threatened to intervene but still). Ever have underage kids bring guns to your work place? Ever had a kid leave your classroom so they can "go sell molly"? Ever have a girl prostituting herself out in the girls' bathroom to make money from boys? I have to all of the above and clearly you haven't because you have no experience education. Ever have a male student throw an unopened (but unused) condom at a female student? Ever have a student grab a female's student's ass-unwanted mind you? By the way half of what I'm saying here occurred at my current school which is one of the best in the state. I've worked at inner city schools and your affluent suburbs schools and the only difference in the drugs they do is that the suburban kids do more expensive drugs. The inner city schools tend to actually have more resources and programs for the kids (at least in my district). Teachers get paid more to work those schools...and most still pack up and move from them. You want to know why? I'll give you a hint: has nothing to do with the SRO and everything to do with the lack of accountability we have for students all across the country in regards to their behavior and academics.

Stop playing politics and listen to myself and some of my peers who actually do my job, maybe you'll learn a thing or two. I work in a high school and I'd guess that the political ratio is 70/30 Democrat/Republican and I can tell you that NOBODY wants the SRO gone. NOBODY. I understand that most Democrats think that they're on the sides of teachers and education and sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

You don't speak for teachers. Stop pretending like you know what it's like teaching at a public school. Just stop.

You have ignored what I wrote. This happens often. You don't read what I wrote, you read what you want what I wrote to say.

You wrote that you don't want SRO's in schools. I'm responding to that. You're ignorant on what's like being in a school today. Your opinion holds zero weight to it.

I'm far from an expert on many things but one thing I DO know about is being a highly effective (my rating my from district) public school teacher today with years of experience, the test scores, the awards, and respect among my co-workers and students alike to say that my opinion holds a hell of a lot more weight than yours.

Anytime you want to discuss what should go on with schools I'm down for the conversation, but it's apparent you have zero ethos.

You support a police state. I do not. Sadly we will likely continue with the police state.

Wrong.....modern high school is now the Ghetto. A six foot four student
Who threatens teachers with physical harm needs to see a police officer not the vice principal. These are no longer children. It is a privilege to have a police officer prevent not an inconvenience.

Jo

Wonderful.

You support a police state. I do not. Sadly we will likely continue with the police state.
Oh fuck you liar. You continue to live here and pay taxes because it's not the wild west anymore. There are plenty of places you can move to that have nearly zero policing. Better pack a piece before you move there.

Jo

Wonderful.

Oh fuck you liar. You continue to live here and pay taxes because it's not the wild west anymore. There are plenty of places you can move to that have nearly zero policing. Better pack a piece before you move there.

Jo

I'm amazed at how unhinged someone like yourself can get. You can't discuss something in an adult manner and you have to make up positions for me to argue against.

Wonderful.

I don't support a police state. I support safe schools, something which you have no clue about because you probably haven't stepped into a high school classroom since you were a teenager. Get some experience on the topic and then come back and we'll discuss.

Wonderful.

Jo

I'm amazed at how unhinged someone like yourself can get. You can't discuss something in an adult manner and you have to make up positions for me to argue against.

You haven't had a discussion with me in an adult made and made up positions for me.

For example I gave you in details the reasons why SRO's are beneficial for schools based on actual real-life experiences. When I pose the scenarios to you of when a school might need an SRO you completely ignore them.

You then respond with a simple statement of "you support the police state".

So you ironically have done both things you're accusing the other person of. Just stop, seriously, you're not good at this...

I have a whole lot of trouble just imagining the concept of actually having police in schools. How could anyone have been so dumb as to do that? Is there any other English speaking nation that does that? I'm not aware of one.
Imagine using police to educate one's children. Well I have a whole lot of trouble with imagining the sort of society which would do that. As I said.

The schools did not have police at the schools. Those schools were incredibly violent. Students and teachers were killed. Angry parents demanded a police presence. Someone misses those days. Bring them back just as a reminder.

Oakland is mostly black and Latino. They should care that they kill each other because no one else does.

What sort of society is so careless of its citizens' needs that police are needed in its schools? Not a society that I can imagine.

Wonderful.

Jo

You haven't had a discussion with me in an adult made and made up positions for me.

For example I gave you in details the reasons why SRO's are beneficial for schools based on actual real-life experiences. When I pose the scenarios to you of when a school might need an SRO you completely ignore them.

You then respond with a simple statement of "you support the police state".

So you ironically have done both things you're accusing the other person of. Just stop, seriously, you're not good at this...

His content is almost pure maudlin propaganda.

Wonderful.

Didn't the cop run like a coward? The Oakland schools are like juvenile prisons where the inmates go home. There were beatings, robberies and open drug use. Every day. That's why the schools have police. Not because of the one day there might be a nut with a gun

Is that why the police were at Parkland and schools all over the country?
A very, very small percentage of schools.

Forum List

Back