Obama Admits Administration Failure: Says Overestimated Iraq Army, Underestimated I S I S

Obama's trying to hang ISIS missteps on the intelligence community, but the IC warned Obama about ISIS a year ago.

Now he's on 60 Minutes admitting his Administration's failure.....after all, Director Clapper is part of HIS Administration..... about a number of missteps including underestimating ISIS and overestimating the Iraqi Army.

But the IC isn't going to put up with allowing Obama to hang that lie around their necks. It was his stupidity, not theirs.

Eye Opener President Obama admits he underestimated ISIS - Videos - CBS News

Eye Opener: President Obama admits he underestimated ISIS
Do we have a full video of the interview? I'd like to see context.
Since we didn't know maliki would pull this shit with the Iraqi army, obama doesn't get full blame.

Well, Plasma, since you're trying to have a serious discussion, it's true Obama doesn't get full blame. I agree no president ever does.

When a President takes blame for something in his Administration, there are usually a number of people that were involved. So I'll agree with you on that point.

But to say we didn't know Maliki would do "shit" ....I couldn't disagree more. There were many of us warning what would happen if we didn't leave a residual force. Those of us heavily involved knew we were the GLUE and by removing the glue it would collapse.

Obama's trying to hang ISIS missteps on the intelligence community, but the IC warned Obama about ISIS a year ago.

Now he's on 60 Minutes admitting his Administration's failure.....after all, Director Clapper is part of HIS Administration..... about a number of missteps including underestimating ISIS and overestimating the Iraqi Army.

But the IC isn't going to put up with allowing Obama to hang that lie around their necks. It was his stupidity, not theirs.

You realize of course that Obama got this false information from American Intel right? He listened to experts.

:lol:

I thought Obama got all his information from the media. You know like when he found out about the IRS. Like when he found out about the VA scandal.

How did he miss this? Someone needs get Obama a freaking newspaper so he can stay in the loop. Or better yet a television in his bloody golf cart.

Check the date Obamabot. Oh and apologies in advance. I have no idea how the copy and paste makes the print so big.

They took it over March 2013. al Nusra was in the lead, ISIS tag teamed. Now ISIS is the greater.

The Mysterious Fall of Raqqa, Syria’s Kandahar

338590-01-08.jpg

A child looks at child look at stand selling military fatigue in the northern rebel-held Syrian city of Raqqa on October 1, 2013 as violence continues to rage in flashpoints around the country. (Photo: AFP - Mohamed Abdul Aziz)

The Euphrates overflows with blood, and the crows caw over the corpses that the Syrian city of Raqqa sacrifices every day to the princes of death in the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and al-Nusra Front, ever since the two al-Qaeda affiliates turned the city into the first official province of their Islamic emirate. The tyranny that people rose up against has now returned, more morbid than before. Today, Raqqa is Syria’s answer to Kandahar – the birthplace of the Taliban.

The opposition Syrian National Coalition has no presence in Raqqa. All mainstream opposition forces left the city months ago because of clashes between the various brigades of the armed opposition. Raqqa is today without a state, and its people grapple with death every day, with no hope in sight for a normal life.

Though activists called for peaceful protests to reject violence, their efforts did not pan out, especially as many activists were arrested. Now, revolutionary action has returned to secrecy and false names, operating mainly through social media.

Eight months have passed since the armed opposition brigades and al-Nusra Front entered Raqqa, at dawn on 2 March 2013.

Since the armed opposition offensive, only three Syrian army bases in the entire governorate have survived: the 17th division, stationed around 1 km north of Raqqa; Tabaqa military airport, 50 km west of the city, along the Raqqa-Aleppo expressway; and the 93rd brigade, stationed 55 km from Raqqa near the town of Ain Issa.

More at link:

The Mysterious Fall of Raqqa Syria s Kandahar Al Akhbar English
I don't see how this contradicts what Obama said. Them having known successes does not equate to the group we know them as now. Everyone underestimated them. Not just Obama, who again, listened to experts. It's not like he lead the intel initiative. That's not what presidents do

Really now. If the Administration didn't understand the enormous dangers of ISIS why would they have placed such a high bounty on Baghdadi's head?

10 Million buckolas. Second only to Zawahiri.

How would they have not realized that ISIS had taken over major oil fields in Syria?

How would they not have realized that ISIS was governing Raqaa and turning it into the Caliphate?

It was all in the news.

:lmao:

Get the message to the Administration to try freaking GOOGLE like tinydancer does every morning.
For Christ sakes, just because they have made a name for themselves it doesn't mean our intel couldn't have underestimated them. I know you cons have trouble with nuance but try and keep up will you?

This thread is proof that you people look for reasons to bitch about Obama.

Umm, bitch about Obama? Dude, Obama's really gonna crater now....LOL

Since we didn't know maliki would pull this shit with the Iraqi army, obama doesn't get full blame.

Well, Plasma, since you're trying to have a serious discussion, it's true Obama doesn't get full blame. I agree no president ever does.

When a President takes blame for something in his Administration, there are usually a number of people that were involved. So I'll agree with you on that point.

But to say we didn't know Maliki would do "shit" ....I couldn't disagree more. There were many of us warning what would happen if we didn't leave a residual force. Those of us heavily involved knew we were the GLUE and by removing the glue it would collapse.
guess bush shouldn't have agreed to pull everyone out then.

i'm also not sure that a residual training force would have made the difference in how the iraqi forces behaved.

i'm also not sure that a residual training force would have made the difference in how the iraqi forces behaved.

LMAO, not only is that a BS talking point that's a lie....but guess what, darlin???????? Obama changed his mind about pulling em all out of Afghanistan after seeing what his failure to negotiate did in Iraq......AND as of today he made DAMN sure there was a SOFA done in Afghanistan.

Ooooops, just took your Queen AND King.

Idiot.

We didn't know how maliki would react when we pulled out. That he would try to consolidate power with lackeys.

Bush picked an unknown and thus when maliki got his chance he took it. Would maliki had done this if Obama hadn't pulled out the advisors? Maybe but most likely not.

Obama put the kybosh to the negotiations to keep a sizable troop level in Iraq. He did not want to renegotiate the SOFA. Obama had the opportunity to.

He refused. In his own words. Not spin. Here's Obama boasting about his full troop withdrawal.

Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq

From the article:

"But during the 2012 foreign policy presidential debate, Obama told the American people that he didn't support leaving any troops in Iraq.

"Every time you've offered an opinion, you've been wrong," Obama told GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

"You said that we should still have troops in Iraq to this day."

Obama then denied that he ever supported a status of forces agreement that would have left troops in Iraq:

MR. ROMNEY: [W]ith regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —

PRESIDENT OBAMA: That's not true.

MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't — you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, but what I — what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

"Here's one thing I've learned as commander in chief," Obama said at the end of the exchange. "You've got to be clear, both to our allies and our enemies, about where you stand and what you mean. Now, you just gave a speech a few weeks ago in which you said we should still have troops in Iraq. That is not a recipe for making sure that we are taking advantage of the opportunities and meeting the challenges of the Middle East."

Obama s 2012 Debate Boast I Didn t Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq The Weekly Standard

LMAO, not only is that a BS talking point that's a lie....but guess what, darlin???????? Obama changed his mind about pulling em all out of Afghanistan after seeing what his failure to negotiate did in Iraq......AND as of today he made DAMN sure there was a SOFA done in Afghanistan.

Idiot.
We know why he pulled out and it was in line with the bush pullout.

We didn't know how maliki would react when we pulled out. That he would try to consolidate power with lackeys.

Bush picked an unknown and thus when maliki got his chance he took it. Would maliki had done this if Obama hadn't pulled out the advisors? Maybe but most likely not.

What you're saying is absolutely not true, Plasma.

We also knew how Maliki was going to act if we pulled completely out.

Anyone telling you different doesn't know what they're talking about.

Those of us that had to spend a lot of time negotiating with Iraqis knew how fragile arrangements were with even people of great integrity. We knew by leaving that we couldn't help sure that wobbly-ness up.

Idiot.

Wrong. I was there negotiating with Iraqis all the time. I know how negotiations went. I didn't do the SOFA, but I dealt with many of the same ppl or types of people.

Were you there? I can tell you weren't. You keep repeating a talking point, even if in your mind it's truth.

I recall that you people wouldn't allow us to blame Bush for the disaster of Iraq, no WMD's etc., because you claimed it was an intelligence failure that Bush cannot be held accountable for.

Can we apply this argument to Obama?

in other words, he pulled out to fulfill a campaign promise. PUre and simple. The rest is just excuses.

Idiot.

Wrong. I was there negotiating with Iraqis all the time. I know how negotiations went. I didn't do the SOFA, but I dealt with many of the same ppl or types of people.

Were you there? I can tell you weren't. You keep repeating a talking point, even if in your mind it's truth.

You know by being completely wrong about Iraq, as you are, and then claiming on top of it that you had so much more access to so much information than the average person (which is unsubstantiated bullshit at this point)

just makes you look worse.

I recall that you people wouldn't allow us to blame Bush for the disaster of Iraq, no WMD's etc., because you claimed it was an intelligence failure that Bush cannot be held accountable for.

Only if you can show me posts where you argued that on behalf of Bush. In that case you can.

I haven't been here long.....what do others think about Carb's voracity on this question?????????? Did he spend time defending Bush or slamming him?

Idiot.

You know by being completely wrong about Iraq, as you are, and then claiming on top of it that you had so much more access to so much information than the average person (which is unsubstantiated bullshit at this point)

just makes you look worse.

Unsubstantiated to whom? There are plenty of people who know. The only ppl looking bad are you libs that are crashing and burning with Obama.

You've gotta love it! Barry chose to believe his own view of the Middle East as opposed to what his military and intelligence advisers were telling him...then he turns around and blames the intelligence community for dropping the ball on ISIS and says the military didn't have any plans in place to deal with ISIS.

This is the kind of leadership that inspires those that work for a President!!! They know that Barack Obama will claim any successes as "his" and that any failures will be blamed on "them".
that's actually the opposite of what he said.

so, let's pretend that they hadn't been underestimated.
what do you think we would have done differently?

Obama didn't blame Clapper? Have you not been paying attention to the news lately? Did you sleep through Obama stating that the military didn't have plans for dealing with ISIS in Syria? Did you miss that as well? C'mon, Ogi...wake up and smell the coffee!

Last edited:

Only if you can show me posts where you argued that on behalf of Bush. In that case you can.

I haven't been here long.....what do others think about Carb's voracity on this question?????????? Did he spend time defending Bush or slamming him?

I didn't argue. It's been argued by the Bush apologists for years. Bush got bad intel about WMD's, so he can't be blamed for making the disastrous mistake of invading Iraq.

You really want to claim you've never heard that argument made before to defend Bush? Are you in denial?

Forum List

Back