Obama Admits Administration Failure: Says Overestimated Iraq Army, Underestimated I S I S

Obama's trying to hang ISIS missteps on the intelligence community, but the IC warned Obama about ISIS a year ago.

Now he's on 60 Minutes admitting his Administration's failure.....after all, Director Clapper is part of HIS Administration..... about a number of missteps including underestimating ISIS and overestimating the Iraqi Army.

But the IC isn't going to put up with allowing Obama to hang that lie around their necks. It was his stupidity, not theirs.

Eye Opener President Obama admits he underestimated ISIS - Videos - CBS News

Eye Opener: President Obama admits he underestimated ISIS
Do we have a full video of the interview? I'd like to see context.
Since we didn't know maliki would pull this shit with the Iraqi army, obama doesn't get full blame.

Well, Plasma, since you're trying to have a serious discussion, it's true Obama doesn't get full blame. I agree no president ever does.

When a President takes blame for something in his Administration, there are usually a number of people that were involved. So I'll agree with you on that point.

But to say we didn't know Maliki would do "shit" ....I couldn't disagree more. There were many of us warning what would happen if we didn't leave a residual force. Those of us heavily involved knew we were the GLUE and by removing the glue it would collapse.
We didn't know how maliki would react when we pulled out. That he would try to consolidate power with lackeys.

Bush picked an unknown and thus when maliki got his chance he took it. Would maliki had done this if Obama hadn't pulled out the advisors? Maybe but most likely not.

What you're saying is absolutely not true, Plasma.

We also knew how Maliki was going to act if we pulled completely out.

Anyone telling you different doesn't know what they're talking about.

Those of us that had to spend a lot of time negotiating with Iraqis knew how fragile arrangements were with even people of great integrity. We knew by leaving that we couldn't help sure that wobbly-ness up.
again, if you knew how maliki was going to react to a complete pull out of troops why did president bush agree to a complete removal of all troops?

With all due respect, when Bush made that agreement, ISIS wasn't a looming threat across the border in Syria...when Bush made that agreement Iraq was relatively stable following the surge and Syria had not blown up like it now has. I highly doubt that Bush would have ignored the situation like Barack Obama did.

Hey Republicans....Its time to play the Equivalency Game!

Obama underestimated ISIS and two Americans lost their heads
Bush underestimated Al Qaeda and 3000 Americans were killed on 9-11

Well, Plasma, since you're trying to have a serious discussion, it's true Obama doesn't get full blame. I agree no president ever does.

When a President takes blame for something in his Administration, there are usually a number of people that were involved. So I'll agree with you on that point.

But to say we didn't know Maliki would do "shit" ....I couldn't disagree more. There were many of us warning what would happen if we didn't leave a residual force. Those of us heavily involved knew we were the GLUE and by removing the glue it would collapse.
We didn't know how maliki would react when we pulled out. That he would try to consolidate power with lackeys.

Bush picked an unknown and thus when maliki got his chance he took it. Would maliki had done this if Obama hadn't pulled out the advisors? Maybe but most likely not.

Those of us that had to spend a lot of time negotiating with Iraqis knew how fragile arrangements were with even people of great integrity. We knew by leaving that we couldn't help sure that wobbly-ness up.
again, if you knew how maliki was going to react to a complete pull out of troops why did president bush agree to a complete removal of all troops?

He didn't.

Look stupid, I've spent over 2000 posts explaining that to NotFooled. I'm not wasting my breath on people like you who are not debating in good faith.
this isn't a matter of opinion. george w bush agreed to a complete withdrawal of troops by 2012. that is a fact.
if it was so obvious that things would fall apart upon our leaving, why did we paint ourselves into a corner by agreeing to withdraw all troops?

I'm not writing another fucking 2000 posts just to educate YOUR stupid fucking head.

You're wrong. Period.

Gee, Winger...sounds more like the "let's make excuses for Barry's incompetence game"!

Obama's trying to hang ISIS missteps on the intelligence community, but the IC warned Obama about ISIS a year ago.

Now he's on 60 Minutes admitting his Administration's failure.....after all, Director Clapper is part of HIS Administration..... about a number of missteps including underestimating ISIS and overestimating the Iraqi Army.

But the IC isn't going to put up with allowing Obama to hang that lie around their necks. It was his stupidity, not theirs.

Eye Opener President Obama admits he underestimated ISIS - Videos - CBS News

Eye Opener: President Obama admits he underestimated ISIS
Since we didn't know maliki would pull this shit with the Iraqi army, obama doesn't get full blame.

guess bush shouldn't have agreed to pull everyone out then.

i'm also not sure that a residual training force would have made the difference in how the iraqi forces behaved.

Obama put the kybosh to the negotiations to keep a sizable troop level in Iraq. He did not want to renegotiate the SOFA. Obama had the opportunity to.

He refused. In his own words. Not spin. Here's Obama boasting about his full troop withdrawal.

Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq

From the article:

"But during the 2012 foreign policy presidential debate, Obama told the American people that he didn't support leaving any troops in Iraq.

"Every time you've offered an opinion, you've been wrong," Obama told GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

"You said that we should still have troops in Iraq to this day."

Obama then denied that he ever supported a status of forces agreement that would have left troops in Iraq:

MR. ROMNEY: [W]ith regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —

PRESIDENT OBAMA: That's not true.

MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't — you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, but what I — what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

"Here's one thing I've learned as commander in chief," Obama said at the end of the exchange. "You've got to be clear, both to our allies and our enemies, about where you stand and what you mean. Now, you just gave a speech a few weeks ago in which you said we should still have troops in Iraq. That is not a recipe for making sure that we are taking advantage of the opportunities and meeting the challenges of the Middle East."

Obama s 2012 Debate Boast I Didn t Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq The Weekly Standard
Woulda coulda nothing..
That mop aint gonna push its self, get to work union turd

With all due respect, when Bush made that agreement, ISIS wasn't a looming threat across the border in Syria...when Bush made that agreement Iraq was relatively stable following the surge and Syria had not blown up like it now has. I highly doubt that Bush would have ignored the situation like Barack Obama did.

Let me make sure I get your point becuz this discussion can get confusing.
You're right ISIS wasn't looming, however we also knew we were the glue and by leaving we'd create a vacuum. That's why anyone who says Bush wanted all troops out is wrong. What Bush wrote was for THEIR domestic consumption when behind the scene negotations were different.

But I agree Bush would not have ignored.

I have to reboot my PC....
Firs

Jup, this admin screwed itself as did the Bush administrations because of confirmation bias and false intelligence assessments. At least heavy combat units are not going to be American. Doesn't matter what says Dempsey et al. Either the Iraqis, the Kurds, and the Turks step out, or we will step out.

Great DEM talking point you pathetic POS liar who claims you're not a Dem.

So the people who die in "light" units aren't important????

You've been cornered, FAKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm going off your PBS Frontline link you gave that I watched the full episode.
We didn't know who Maliki was when Bushed picked him, this we didn't know what he would do when we pulled out.

You fed me the info econ...you

First of all, I was pretty sure I caveated the first time I posted it that I didn't agree with all of it. I agreed with it at the broad brush level.

When people say we dint' know ANYTHING about Maliki....come on you know that doesn't pass smell test because once someone rises, you at least start ascertaining their reputation. What's meant by that is that he was little known at a national level.

See I think you guys are locking on to words used in those documentaries, or things you read, that are sometimes literal and sometimes figurative.

And no, it's not true that Bush went and found him. He rose within the Shia Political community to where THEY wanted him to be one of maybe a few to be THEIR rep.
Bush picked virtual unknown and it came back to bite them.
Maybe a few? They had nobody and Maliki was in exile I believe from iran.
Virtual unknown which means he really wasn't a player at all. They didn't even have a file on him.

You can dismiss it based on your own opinion all you like, but these are the facts of issue. You want to dismiss them because it doesn't fit your narrative then that's your deal.

As she talks to herself in the mirror.

EC, we are all aware of what a flake you are here.

Post honestly and you will be fine.

Continue with the nonsense, and you will continued to deal with the fall out.

tis what it is.

I don't think Jefferson would have ignored isil either...or we don't know what bish would have done because he wasn't there.

Jup, this admin screwed itself as did the Bush administrations because of confirmation bias and false intelligence assessments. At least heavy combat units are not going to be American. Doesn't matter what says Dempsey et al. Either the Iraqis, the Kurds, and the Turks step out, or we will step out.

What a stupid comment by you.

Any American loss is shameful to the neo-cons, because they have caused the situation with which we continue to struggle.

If the Kurds and Iraqis don't put in the heavy combat units, we will leave.

the iraqis count. but at least we don't have to do the ground fighting for them this time. hopefully.

I'm going off your PBS Frontline link you gave that I watched the full episode.
We didn't know who Maliki was when Bushed picked him, this we didn't know what he would do when we pulled out.

You fed me the info econ...you

First of all, I was pretty sure I caveated the first time I posted it that I didn't agree with all of it. I agreed with it at the broad brush level.

When people say we dint' know ANYTHING about Maliki....come on you know that doesn't pass smell test because once someone rises, you at least start ascertaining their reputation. What's meant by that is that he was little known at a national level.

See I think you guys are locking on to words used in those documentaries, or things you read, that are sometimes literal and sometimes figurative.

And no, it's not true that Bush went and found him. He rose within the Shia Political community to where THEY wanted him to be one of maybe a few to be THEIR rep.
Bush picked virtual unknown and it came back to bite them.
Maybe a few? They had nobody and Maliki was in exile I believe from iran.
Virtual unknown which means he really wasn't a player at all. They didn't even have a file on him.

You can dismiss it based on your own opinion all you like, but these are the facts of issue. You want to dismiss them because it doesn't fit your narrative then that's your deal.

This is an honest exchange. We have to nail down what each of us is meaning by the semantics.

None of them were "players." But there were a handful of the "non players" that Bush looked at. None were great. The incumbent PM, Jaafari, was an unmitigated disaster. He had to find someone that wasn't as bad as Jaafari. And yes, there was a file on him.

But we're splitting hairs on this. What is your bigger point? When you say we didn't now what he'd do......I see all this in shades of grey, and many of you are locking on to black and white definitions.

Of course we had gotten to know Maliki somewhat in those few years we worked closely with his administration. We were constantly offering balance to his pro-Shia stances.

Gee, Winger...sounds more like the "let's make excuses for Barry's incompetence game"!

So sorry......WRONG ANSWER
You neglected to explain the equivalency

But thanks for playing.......we have some wonderful parting gifts

What a stupid comment by you.

Any American loss is shameful to the neo-cons, because they have caused the situation with which we continue to struggle.

If the Kurds and Iraqis don't put in the heavy combat units, we will leave.

Bullshit, idiot. We'll put MORE boots on the ground after the election. Stop being so gullible.

the iraqis count. but at least we don't have to do the ground fighting for them this time. hopefully.

You' so gullible.

tis what it is.

LOL, I'm the one that's been right on all this shit, not you blubber boy.

Obama keeps spiraling downward shit for brains. You know it. We know it.
Everybody knows it. You can pretend all you want, LMAO.

And now that he's finally been forced to admit it on 60 Minutes, it's really gonna get rough for him AND idiots like you. Just STFU, no one listens to you.

So sorry......WRONG ANSWER
You neglected to explain the equivalency

But thanks for playing.......we have some wonderful parting gifts

It may be an "inconvenient" answer, Winger but hardly wrong! You're trying to excuse Barack Obama's ignoring of the ISIS threat because Bush relied on the wrong intel reports coming out of Iraq. Both men are responsible for getting it wrong but as I said before, there was considerable doubt about the state of Iraq's WMD's, whereas there was very little doubt about the threat from ISIS.

Save my "parting gifts" for some Democratic members of the Senate, Winger...I have a feeling they'll be needing them more than I!:dance::dance::dance::dance:

tis what it is.

LOL, I'm the one that's been right on all this shit, not you blubber boy.

Obama keeps spiraling downward shit for brains. You know it. We know it.
Everybody knows it. You can pretend all you want, LMAO.

And now that he's finally been forced to admit it on 60 Minutes, it's really gonna get rough for him AND idiots like you. Just STFU, no one listens to you.

You have not been right on any of this and have no cred.

You got run off your other OP because of your nonsense.

And that is you you are talking to in the mirror.

The Iraqis and the Kurds will carry the ground game or we will come home.

As simple as that.

Forum List

Back