Obama approves of same sex marriage

Fucking idiot - Blacks do not favor same-sex marriage. Are they not a huge part of his base?

That being said, I do not believe this is a big enough issue among the black community to get them to change their vote. Those who do not favor same sex marriage may grumble, but this is not enough to shake them from the hold the DNC has had on them for so long. It will take a hell of a lot more than this to shake them from the erroneous belief that Democrats care about the people and Republicans only care about rich people.

Immie
The fact remains that Obama will do what is correct even if it pisses off his base.

Did he lie in 2008 or is he lying now?

Fucking idiot - Blacks do not favor same-sex marriage. Are they not a huge part of his base?

That being said, I do not believe this is a big enough issue among the black community to get them to change their vote. Those who do not favor same sex marriage may grumble, but this is not enough to shake them from the hold the DNC has had on them for so long. It will take a hell of a lot more than this to shake them from the erroneous belief that Democrats care about the people and Republicans only care about rich people.

Immie
The fact remains that Obama will do what is correct even if it pisses off his base.

tarnished_20angel.jpg

They are a most essential part of his base. Without ENERGIZED black support, he loses.

.. and yes, we are seriously homophobic. Stupid as a doorknob on this issue.
Which means, again, that this was a courageous move.

The Biden gaffe gave him no choice....even left leaning commentators agree.

Now...if he had shown leadership and offered his sentiments before Biden did? That would show courage.

Reacting when your backed into a corner is not a sign of leadership....it is a sign of fear.

Nonsense. Cheney disagreed with Bush on Gay rights and said so in the VP debate. It didn't force Bush to take Cheney's position.

Now...if he had shown leadership and offered his sentiments before Biden did? That would show courage.

Reacting when your backed into a corner is not a sign of leadership....it is a sign of fear.

Nonsense. Cheney disagreed with Bush on Gay rights and said so in the VP debate. It didn't force Bush to take Cheney's position.

Bush was a man of conviction.

Obama has done whatever is politically expedient his entire life.

I don't think Obama can allow an election in November.

He's anti-Israel, pro-Vlad Putin, anti-Capitalism and pro-gay marriage.

He loses all but NY and CA, maybe, that means Romney wins 55 states

Why are you even worried about it?

My prediction: Obama does not seek a second term

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Wow! I still have time left to get that one right

Have you considered joining the CrusaderFrank Fan Club?
Join? I'm the President! :lol:

That's because Bush was a real man

They are a most essential part of his base. Without ENERGIZED black support, he loses.

I used to do blue collar work and often worked with blacks and hispanics and I NEVER met one that was pro-gay on any issue whatsoever.

So this election, Obama has put them in the position of either voting for their race or voting their conscience. It will cost OBama a lot more hispanic votes than black votes but I wouldnt be surprised if about 30% of blacks dont vote at all and about 15% vote for Romney.

I disagree. I'm listening to the conversation within the black community already.

Anything Obama does that African-Americans don't like can always be blamed on the republicans.

The republicans made him do it.

The republicans made him attack Africa.

The republicans made him bailout the banks.

The republicans made him take all that money from Wall Street.

The republicans made him agree to same-sex marriage.

I know what the noise sounds like .. I fight it everyday.

No it doesn't.

He knows that he has the black vote in his pocket no matter what he does.

I doubt if he spent more than 5 minutes factoring that into his calulation. He knows that he'll even get black churches .. a hot bed of homophobic thought.
He won NC by less than 7,000 votes. He could easily lose enough Black votes there to swing that state back to red.

I love The Daily Edge.

Santorum: "Gay Marriage Will Destroy America, Even If It Hasn't Harmed Anyone in Argentina, Canada, Norway, Spain, Sweden or South Africa"

Your fake quote machine won't save you.

Since 2001, ten countries have begun allowing same-sex couples to marry nationwide: Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, and Sweden. Same-sex marriages are also performed and recognized in the Brazilian state of Alagoas,[2] Mexico City and parts of the United States. Some jurisdictions that do not perform same-sex marriages recognize same-sex marriages performed elsewhere: Israel, the Caribbean countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, parts of the United States, and all states of Brazil and Mexico. Australia recognises same-sex marriages only by one partner changing their sex after marriage.[3] As of 2012, proposals exist to introduce same-sex marriage in at least ten other countries.

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No it doesn't.

He knows that he has the black vote in his pocket no matter what he does.

I doubt if he spent more than 5 minutes factoring that into his calulation. He knows that he'll even get black churches .. a hot bed of homophobic thought.

Clearly, his 'convictions' are politically calculated.

Absolutely. That's the only calulation that he makes .. how it affects him politically ..

.. and he has a history of tossing out timely bones that are full of nuances. This one os no different.

Riiiiight! That's why he approved of torture. :laugh:

conviction? i suppose if that means you believe the same thing on wednesday that you did on monday....

no matter what happens on tuesday.

Me? i think that's just stupid. but whatever.

I love The Daily Edge.

Your fake quote machine won't save you.

Since 2001, ten countries have begun allowing same-sex couples to marry nationwide: Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, and Sweden. Same-sex marriages are also performed and recognized in the Brazilian state of Alagoas,[2] Mexico City and parts of the United States. Some jurisdictions that do not perform same-sex marriages recognize same-sex marriages performed elsewhere: Israel, the Caribbean countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, parts of the United States, and all states of Brazil and Mexico. Australia recognises same-sex marriages only by one partner changing their sex after marriage.[3] As of 2012, proposals exist to introduce same-sex marriage in at least ten other countries.

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you admit to faking quotes.

Oddball will be along soon to issue you a demerit.

conviction? i suppose if that means you believe the same thing on wednesday that you did on monday....

no matter what happens on tuesday.

Me? i think that's just stupid. but whatever.

You are a babbling fool.

Forum List

Back