Obama approves of same sex marriage

For the press

they are getting "chills" again

Robin Roberts Got 'Chills' While Discussing Obama's Gay Marriage Announcement - YouTube
Good grief...The school girl swooning is making me physically sick. :puke3:

Heinrich Himmler's plans for the homosexuals of Germany: “These people will obviously be publicly degraded and dismissed and handed over to the court. After…they will be…taken into a concentration camp and in the camp they will be shot while escaping”(1). This is an overall description of the fate of the homosexuals in Nazi Germany. In Frank Rector’s book Nazi Extermination of Homosexuals, he discusses the events of the Nazi persecution of homosexuals. It was written like a history textbook, which meant that it was very informative in terms of dates and events, but also was able to analyze it from a personal point of view. He discussed thoroughly his frustration with the lack of information about the homosexual victims, the events surrounding Ernst Rohm’s murder, as well as how the Nazis used propaganda against gays.

It appears there are many here seeking a group of Americans to despise and victimize.
Odd that you should mention Himmler, when the American lamestram media is acting more like Goebbels than anyone since...well... Goebbels.

Projection, pourquois?

Pourquois indeed. Bien sur... Evidemment!?!

Heinrich Himmler's plans for the homosexuals of Germany: “These people will obviously be publicly degraded and dismissed and handed over to the court. After…they will be…taken into a concentration camp and in the camp they will be shot while escaping”(1). This is an overall description of the fate of the homosexuals in Nazi Germany. In Frank Rector’s book Nazi Extermination of Homosexuals, he discusses the events of the Nazi persecution of homosexuals. It was written like a history textbook, which meant that it was very informative in terms of dates and events, but also was able to analyze it from a personal point of view. He discussed thoroughly his frustration with the lack of information about the homosexual victims, the events surrounding Ernst Rohm’s murder, as well as how the Nazis used propaganda against gays.

It appears there are many here seeking a group of Americans to despise and victimize.
Odd that you should mention Himmler, when the American lamestram media is acting more like Goebbels than anyone since...well... Goebbels.

Projection, pourquois?

Non acceptance of party line
will not be tolerated

:eusa_whistle:
Yeah, yeah, yeah....REPORTED! again. :eusa_shifty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XYKRokgX00]Attack Watch Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Projection, pourquois?

will not be tolerated

You'll find yourself ejected and Independent as Joe Lieberman...

Projection, pourquois?

will not be tolerated

Yeah, yeah, yeah....REPORTED! again. :eusa_shifty:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XYKRokgX00"]Attack Watch Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Attack-watch-button.gif

PRESS TO ACTIVATE

Changing your opinion has everything to do with intelligence.

Question is, did he really change his mind or is he only pandering to the base.

I don't think he changed his mind. I pointed out a youtube video earlier where he stated that he believed marriage was between a man and a woman but that he felt that a homosexual couple should be allowed marry.

He hasn't changed his mind at all. In fact, the quote that started this OP doesn't really state anything different than what he stated in the past. I'd say, he's pandering.

Immie
He's pandering, that was my point also.

Pandering to who? "They gheys" were gonna vote for him anyway. President Obama has done more for gay rights than any past President. Willard Romney actually (currently because you never know with Mitt Romney) believes that gays should not only be denied marriage equality, but should not get anything that even looks a little bit marriagey...even if we called it cabbage soup.

Oh sure, if we get gay bashed he thinks our partners should be able to visit each other in the hospital...but that it should be decided at a state level? Really, Mittens? Don't get bashed in Alabama or you might not be able to see your spouse on their deathbed?

Yeah, President Obama is "pandering". :rolleyes:

I don't think he changed his mind. I pointed out a youtube video earlier where he stated that he believed marriage was between a man and a woman but that he felt that a homosexual couple should be allowed marry.

He hasn't changed his mind at all. In fact, the quote that started this OP doesn't really state anything different than what he stated in the past. I'd say, he's pandering.

Immie

In doing so he just lost votes from one of his bigger base. The black vote.

I don't agree. I think that is wishful thinking.

Do you really think that black people are going to vote for Romney? Not a chance in hell.

Someone said they would stay home and not go to the polls. Maybe that was you. But, they will see that as a vote for Romney and they are not going to stay home. I don't think this cost him votes from his base. Maybe a few independents, but quite frankly, I think independents will not view this in a negative light.

I can tell you that I don't. I'm not changing my vote over it, but, his statement doesn't bother me one bit. I would be thrilled if the gay marriage debate were a thing of the past. I would prefer we settled on civil unions for all, but I'm not going to croak over dead if gay unions are termed "marriage" someday in the near future. Note: that doesn't mean I won't bitch and moan about the government interfering in religious rites, but hell, I have to bitch about something!

Immie

It is very difficult to keep up day to day
with what upsets the Left and the MSM

With the revelations and "evolving" of Papa Obama
rumor is they have found a new campaign theme

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJv5qLsLYoo]Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - YouTube[/ame]

Immie

Pandering to who? "They gheys" were gonna vote for him anyway. President Obama has done more for gay rights than any past President. Willard Romney actually (currently because you never know with Mitt Romney) believes that gays should not only be denied marriage equality, but should not get anything that even looks a little bit marriagey...even if we called it cabbage soup.

Oh sure, if we get gay bashed he thinks our partners should be able to visit each other in the hospital...but that it should be decided at a state level? Really, Mittens? Don't get bashed in Alabama or you might not be able to see your spouse on their deathbed?

Yes he's pandering because at least two times he was against gay marriage.

Immie

Whether or not it changed your vote, he is still pandering.

He believes there are independents out there who are not gay, that will change their vote because of this. Plus it gets the discussion away from the problems of the economy.

Immie

Yes he's pandering because at least two times he was against gay marriage.
Or as the 'evolving political WINDS blow' :eusa_whistle:

Meaning? ZERO Principle.

Do you really think that black people are going to vote for Romney? Not a chance in hell.

Someone said they would stay home and not go to the polls. Maybe that was you. But, they will see that as a vote for Romney and they are not going to stay home. I don't think this cost him votes from his base. Maybe a few independents, but quite frankly, I think independents will not view this in a negative light.

I can tell you that I don't. I'm not changing my vote over it, but, his statement doesn't bother me one bit. I would be thrilled if the gay marriage debate were a thing of the past. I would prefer we settled on civil unions for all, but I'm not going to croak over dead if gay unions are termed "marriage" someday in the near future. Note: that doesn't mean I won't bitch and moan about the government interfering in religious rites, but hell, I have to bitch about something!

Immie
Blacks will do as their pastor directs them to do.

Anti-gay-marriage whites are not voting for Barack Obama. Forty-nine percent of white folks oppose gay marriage, but 74 percent of Republicans oppose gay marriage. And the Republican Party is almost entirely white. Where are the 48 percent of nonwhite voters who oppose gay marriage? Where are almost all nonwhite voters? In the Democratic Party. Even if every single black Republican is anti-gay, there simply aren't enough of them to account for all the black anti-gay voters. Therein lies the danger for a Democratic candidate supporting gay marriage: that voters otherwise disposed to him will not support him because of his stance on gay marriage.

Gay Marriage, Obama, and black voters: Why he is able to endorse it in a way a white Democratic president couldn’t. - Slate Magazine

Immie

Anti-gay-marriage whites are not voting for Barack Obama. Forty-nine percent of white folks oppose gay marriage, but 74 percent of Republicans oppose gay marriage. And the Republican Party is almost entirely white. Where are the 48 percent of nonwhite voters who oppose gay marriage? Where are almost all nonwhite voters? In the Democratic Party. Even if every single black Republican is anti-gay, there simply aren't enough of them to account for all the black anti-gay voters. Therein lies the danger for a Democratic candidate supporting gay marriage: that voters otherwise disposed to him will not support him because of his stance on gay marriage.

Gay Marriage, Obama, and black voters: Why he is able to endorse it in a way a white Democratic president couldn’t. - Slate Magazine
In short? Obama IS in trouble with the Church for his decision.

Immie

In short? Obama IS in trouble with the Church for his decision.
He's more in trouble now than he was three days ago.

There is little or no logical basis to ban gay marriage other than religious beliefs unless you consider just plain fear and hatred of gays as a reason.

You mean YOU cannot think of it any other way.

Immie

Oh no, you didn't say that!

Do Catholics vote like the Pope tells them to vote? How many Catholics are pro-choice? Heck! How many Catholic women use birth control?

Why on earth would you think that black people don't have the wherewithal to make their own decisions and will vote as their Pastors tell them to vote?

For that matter, why do you think that black Pastors would choose Romney over Obama? Romney is a Mormon. Mormonism is a cult and seen as such by so many black congregations. President Obama is black, a Democrat and a Christian. And you think that black Pastors are going to let a stupid comment like support for gay marriage convince them to vote for Romney? I don't think so. Again, I am afraid that is wishful thinking.

Immie

Last edited:
With the growth of population, we certainly don't need more people. We're wrecking the environment with the ones we have and billions more are forecast. Probably the strongest reason would be changes in traditions and commonly accepted gender roles.

Population growth is NOT a problem, and it won't be long before we have to come up with creative solutions to the opposite.

World Population Implosion? | Population Research Institute

Immie

Do Catholics vote like the Pope tells them to vote? How many Catholics are pro-choice? Heck! How many Catholic women use birth control?

Why on earth would you think that black people don't have the wherewithal to make their own decisions and will vote as their Pastors tell them to vote?

For that matter, why do you think that black Pastors would choose Romney over Obama? Romney is a Mormon. Mormonism is a cult and seen as such by so many black congregations. President Obama is black, a Democrat and a Christian. And you think that black Pastors are going to let a stupid comment like support for gay marriage convince them to vote for Romney? I don't think so. Again, I am afraid that is wishful thinking.

Immie

OH no I didn't say what? A pastor of a black church opinion carries more weight with his congregation than you think. Who said anything about choosing? I think the black church will stay home and not vote.

My opinion is that if a person is religious, the Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman.
If a person doesn't believe in in the Bible then is becomes a political issue.
Then it's found under the guise of separation of church and state.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Gary Johnson believes that marriage quality is a constitutionally guaranteed civil right, Obama does not. Obama says Gay marriage is a state issue. Gary Johnson believes it is a constitutionally guaranteed civil right that can't be abridged by the states.

Seems to me there are more than a few folks around here celebrating and supporting the wrong candidate.

Immie

OH no I didn't say what? A pastor of a black church opinion carries more weight with his congregation than you think. Who said anything about choosing? I think the black church will stay home and not vote.

A "pastor of a black church" carries no more weight than a "pastor of a white church" does, with their respective congregations.

Forum List

Back