Obama Birth Certificate: Mark Steyn enters the Birthershpere.

First it was an "editing" error, not it's a "fact checking" error. She can't get her story straight. Once she wants to pick one, let me know.

Miriam Goderich certainly picked one:

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Do you have a source better than Miriam Goderich on the content of that pamphlet? If so, present it. Otherwise, the world's leading authority has spoken.

Someone who writes a blurb, makes up where he was born and it slips her mind to ask anyone, where he was born in a blurb with like three things that could even be checked, she is trustworthy to you. Someone who lied or just doesn't care about the truth. His being born in Kenya just appeared out of no where. No one made it up. It just appeared and honorable, truthful people didn't catch that slip.

On the other hand, the PM of the UK and British intelligence corroborating W and sticking behind him? They are liars.

Your only consistency is you believe what you want no matter how unreliable the source, and you don't believe what you don't want to believe no matter how reliable. You're a partisan shill.

th

And you know who's below birthers? People who get their own country of birth wrong for their own autobiography. Now that's moron cubed. But that is the Chi Town Clown.
You seem to think that the person reflects reality, when in truth they portray a character they invent in media and politics...

And that justifies getting the country you were born in wrong in your ... autobiography? If a Republican did that, Democrats would be beyond birthers and you'd all be doing it.
It's remarkable how you and most others on the right try to keep the lies alive.

And you know who's below birthers? People who get their own country of birth wrong for their own autobiography. Now that's moron cubed. But that is the Chi Town Clown.
You seem to think that the person reflects reality, when in truth they portray a character they invent in media and politics...

And that justifies getting the country you were born in wrong in your ... autobiography? If a Republican did that, Democrats would be beyond birthers and you'd all be doing it.
It's remarkable how you and most others on the right try to keep the lies alive.
6 years later and still no proof..

There is no proof he was born in Kenya because he wasn't, he was born in Hawaii. No one in the thread is arguing otherwise, genius.

The point is that he couldn't get it right with his own publisher, for 16 years. He's a clown. Duh, you don't get it. That happens a lot to you.

There is no proof he was born in Kenya because he wasn't, he was born in Hawaii. No one in the thread is arguing otherwise, genius.

The point is that he couldn't get it right with his own publisher, for 16 years. He's a clown. Duh, you don't get it. That happens a lot to you.
As I said before, in politics, media and even business people create an image, one not based on reality..

As I said before, in politics, media and even business people create an image, one not based on reality..

Yes, you did say before you hold Obama to no standard of truth or honesty. Something you do not bestow on Republicans.

Here's the thing, Homey. If Obama can make shit up because he is creating an "image," he can be mocked for that. What is happening now that you continue to not grasp.

I think he was born in Hawaii, I think even if he were born in Kenya he was born an American and I have no issue from that perspective with his Presidency.

However, he lied to sell books. He wanted the mystique of being an African. There is no way he's above ridicule for that.

Still waiting for you to provide an actual quote from Barack Obama saying he was born in Kenya.

Birthers- all they have is speculation, innuendo and lies.

But Uncensored- he is no Birther.....he just lies like one.

Shit, i can't even get you and your fellow hack to acknowledge that Snopes isn't lying about the HLR booklet, despite linking it to a leftist site..

Oh, and I don't think I said Obama claimed to be born in Kenya, I said he posed as a foreign student.

Snopes is not lying when Snopes says that Harvard Law Review never published that brochure

From Snopes:

Variations: A variant of this item paired the image shown above with the statement "Big Oops! Harvard Law Review did not cleanse its 1991 yearbook which states he was born in Kenya." As noted below, the biographical sketch pictured above was put out by a literacy agency; it was not part of any yearbook published by Harvard.

I am sorry you can't read the words Snopes wrote.

Or understand that "Western Journalism" lied to you.

No one ever said it was a yearbook put out by Harvard, Sploogy.

First it was an "editing" error, not it's a "fact checking" error. She can't get her story straight. Once she wants to pick one, let me know.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Do you have a source better than Miriam Goderich on the content of that pamphlet? If so, present it. Otherwise, the world's leading authority has spoken.

She put in what the HLR and Obama told her to put in - no one is stupid enough to think she just stumbled into that as a mistake.

You leftists are DISHONEST enough to try and sell it; but even you don't believe it.

Someone who writes a blurb, makes up where he was born and it slips her mind to ask anyone, where he was born in a blurb with like three things that could even be checked, she is trustworthy to you. Someone who lied or just doesn't care about the truth. His being born in Kenya just appeared out of no where. No one made it up. It just appeared and honorable, truthful people didn't catch that slip.

Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya. Barack Hussein Obama II was born in Hawaii.

Yeah, how could anyone EVER get that mixed up? It must be a conspiracy

When you can show me a better source than Miriam Goderich on the content of that pamphlet, show us. Until you do, its you vs. Miriam. Miriam is the world's leading expert on that pamphlet. And you have no idea what you're talking about.

She put in what the HLR and Obama told her to put in - no one is stupid enough to think she just stumbled into that as a mistake.

You're not quoting the Harvard Law Review, dip. You're quoting a promotional booklet from a literary agency. You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Run along kiddo. The adults are talking.

Here's the thing, Homey. If Obama can make shit up because he is creating an "image," he can be mocked for that. What is happening now that you continue to not grasp.

And when, pray tell, did Obama ever say he was born in Kenya?

Still waiting for you to provide an actual quote from Barack Obama saying he was born in Kenya.

Birthers- all they have is speculation, innuendo and lies.

But Uncensored- he is no Birther.....he just lies like one.

Shit, i can't even get you and your fellow hack to acknowledge that Snopes isn't lying about the HLR booklet, despite linking it to a leftist site..

Oh, and I don't think I said Obama claimed to be born in Kenya, I said he posed as a foreign student.

Snopes is not lying when Snopes says that Harvard Law Review never published that brochure

From Snopes:

Variations: A variant of this item paired the image shown above with the statement "Big Oops! Harvard Law Review did not cleanse its 1991 yearbook which states he was born in Kenya." As noted below, the biographical sketch pictured above was put out by a literacy agency; it was not part of any yearbook published by Harvard.

No one ever said it was a yearbook put out by Harvard, Sploogy.

Here is what you said:

Again, the Harvard Review found it advantageous to lie, so lie they did.

Comrade, did the Harvard Law Review publish this about your god?

Citing Snopes as proof....

But Snopes said very clearly that the pamphlet was put out by a literary agency- not Harvard

You asked me whether I thought Snopes was lying- and my reply is

Snopes is not lying when Snopes says that Harvard Law Review never published that brochure- a literary agency published it.

From Snopes:

Variations:A variant of this item paired the image shown above with the statement "Big Oops! Harvard Law Review did not cleanse its 1991 yearbook which states he was born in Kenya."As noted below, the biographical sketch pictured above was put out by a literacy agency; it was not part of any yearbook published by Harvard.

No, that was her story, Obama didn't say it, she made it up. And you trust her when she says she's the liar, not Obama, because of course liars don't lie. Great argument there.

You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Miriam Goderich

Your only consistency is you believe what you want no matter how unreliable the source, and you don't believe what you don't want to believe no matter how reliable. You're a partisan shill.

You can believe whatever Birther BS you want to believe.

What we keep pointing out are the facts
a) Barack Obama consistently and publicly identified his birthplace as Hawaii from 1990 on.
b) An obscure brochure states Barack Obama Jr. was born in Kenya.
c) The author of the brochure has said:

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp}#uqBM35VUlETh2hOS.99

You can make up any fantasy you want about what actually happened, or believe any Birther BS you believe.

But those are the actual facts.

Miriam Goderich

You leftists are DISHONEST enough to try and sell it; but even you don't believe it.

a) Barack Obama consistently and publicly identified his birthplace as Hawaii from 1990 on.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp}#uqBM35VUlETh2hOS.99

You can make up any fantasy you want about what actually happened, or believe any Birther BS you believe.

However, he lied to sell books. He wanted the mystique of being an African. There is no way he's above ridicule for that.

Even though you have absolutely no evidence that he lied to sell books at all- other than your Birther-like belief that is what happened.

And if Obama was attempting to pretend he was from Africa....well he sure sucked at it....since the year before he was in the national news telling readers across America that he was born in Hawaii....and two years later- still trying to get his book published- he is telling the country he was born in Hawaii....and since in his actual autobiography he said he was born in Hawaii- do you think he was hoping that the reader of the obscure promotional brochure just didn't read newspapers?

Lets review again

New York Times,February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Columbia Today, Fall 1990- Obama born in Hawaii

Obscure promotional pamphlet says Obama born in Kenya- 1991

Chicago Magazine, January 1993- circulation 165,000- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, Feb 10, 1993- 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times,August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

"Dreams from My Father" 1995- millions of copies sold - Obama born in Hawaii

Barack Obama State Senate Webpage, October 1, 1999 - Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, January 22, 2003- 15,190 - Obama born in Hawaii

Time Magazine,June 24, 2004- circulation 3,276.882 - Obama born in Hawaii

Birthers have nothing but lies, speculation and innuendo

And that is proven again in this thread.

Last edited:

You're not quoting the Harvard Law Review, dip. You're quoting a promotional booklet from a literary agency. You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Run along kiddo. The adults are talking.

Scary isn't it?

Even after he/she/it quotes Snopes- which clearly says that Harvard never published the pamphlet- he/she/it continues to say that Harvard was lying when it published the pamphlet.

An amazing display of reading comprehension and intellect.

And you leftist retards continue to battle the straw man of your own creation.

The most failed president in United State history was born in Hawaii - no one claims otherwise.

The only President born in Hawaii is Obama.....and there are Birther idiots on this forum who claim that he was born in Kenya.

Really- is there anything you won't lie about in order to attack Obama?

Scary isn't it?

Even after he/she/it quotes Snopes- which clearly says that Harvard never published the pamphlet- he/she/it continues to say that Harvard was lying when it published the pamphlet.

An amazing display of reading comprehension and intellect.

Ron White nailed it: You can't fix stupid.

Obscure my ass. Obama and the HLR commissioned the booklet as promotional material touting their oh so progressive editory who rose above the gauntlet of the evil white man to escape Kenya and become editor of the prestigious publication.

Forum List

Back