Obama brings back Don't ask, Don't tell

It was Bill Clinton who started Don't ask, Don't Tell with gays in the military; even though libs like to pretend that's a conservative thing. Now, Obama has his own Don't ask, Don't Tell as he has promised court martials for any soldier who dares to express his/her religious beliefs.

Pentagon May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith

Awesome! I wish I had that when I was in the service, and I had to put up with every bible thumping asshole who decided to try to "save" me when they found out I was an atheist.

It would have saved me the time of making fools out of them.

It was Bill Clinton who started Don't ask, Don't Tell with gays in the military; even though libs like to pretend that's a conservative thing. Now, Obama has his own Don't ask, Don't Tell as he has promised court martials for any soldier who dares to express his/her religious beliefs.

Awesome! I wish I had that when I was in the service, and I had to put up with every bible thumping asshole who decided to try to "save" me when they found out I was an atheist.

You just demonstrated the left's rubbish, first hand (as usual).

We have a "Godless" Constitution. I also want a "Godless" military. It's not God's Army.

If we had a "Godless" constitution, there would be no Second Amendment. Get enough Gay activists in the military and you may get your wish...:eek:

Quick question Little Snipper..................have you ever served? I did, for 20 years, and nothing that you've said makes sense.

How does the 2nd Amendment have anything to do with either God or the gays?

Where are they talked about in the "well regulated militia"?

SORRY, THAT WAS MY MISTAKE .:redface: It is the 1st Amendment (Bill of Rights). It was late when I typed that . With the gun issue, I must have had a mind melt... No, I was not in the military; however, I live not far from Fort Dix. I have military friends. PS> Liberalism makes no sense.

Last edited:

What does that have to do with the topic?

You don't seem to want freedom of speech or religion. All you seem to want is to hear yourself ---- shutting up and turning off anyone who offers an opposing point of view you cannot abide (whether in school, in the military, or at work). Freedom seems to mean freedom of speech, action, values, and belief for communists and liberals only.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
[

You don't seem to want freedom of speech or religion. All you seem to want is to hear yourself ---- shutting up and turning off anyone who offers an opposing point of view you cannot abide (whether in school, in the military, or at work). Freedom seems to mean freedom of speech, action, values, and belief for communists and liberals only.:eusa_whistle:

I don't go to work to get preached to. I didn't join the military to get preached to.

If I wanted to get preached to, I'd go to a church and listen to that bullshit... which I really haven't since 1983.

It seems to me that if my co-worker is spending time he SHOULD be doing his job preaching to me about his imaginary sky man and the naked dude on a stick, he's stealing from our employer and I'm having to work harder to make up for his slack.

I should point out that I've got my anti-Christian counter arguments down pat enough that face to face, they don't keep bugging me when I point out Jesus was a made up story.

Members of the military are free to share their faith as long as they don’t harass others".

Nobody's 1st amendment rights to freely exercise their speech or religion is being infringed upon.

To put it in perspective. You a married heterosexual male in the military who has a gay co-worker. The co-worker asks you out. You are repulsed and disgusted and tell him in no uncertain terms that you are not interested in him and that you are not gay and never have been gay (shout out to Larry Craig). He persists. Asks you out every day. Tells you about how great it is to be gay.

Apply it to religion. Religious harassment/Sexual harassment. Not much difference.

Members of the military are free to share their faith as long as they don’t harass others".

Nobody's 1st amendment rights to freely exercise their speech or religion is being infringed upon.

To put it in perspective. You a married heterosexual male in the military who has a gay co-worker. The co-worker asks you out. You are repulsed and disgusted and tell him in no uncertain terms that you are not interested in him and that you are not gay and never have been gay (shout out to Larry Craig). He persists. Asks you out every day. Tells you about how great it is to be gay.

Apply it to religion. Religious harassment/Sexual harassment. Not much difference.

Again; nobody is debating that. We're discussing the audacity of the original press release, which prohibited proselytizing and called it a court martial offense.

You saying servicemembers not being allowed to bother others about their faith - or lack thereof - is a violation of their rights?

Its for those who try and FORCE their religion on others. It has nothing to do with someone simply saying they happen to be a Christian, its about those soldiers who try to promote their own religion.

I agree with Obama. You are in the military, which is not a place to tell everyone that you are a Christian and that Jesus can save you.

Well when is the appropriate time to example the plan of salvation?

Never. You keep your damned religion to yourself. Express yourself in church, not to your fellow soldiers, because they don't want to hear about how Jesus 'saved' you.

And keep your suppression of free speech to yourself! These men die to allow give us free speech and you would deny them?

Sexual harassment is different than religious harassment.

I've never refused to speak about someone's faith, as long as I could share mine.

They didn't try to convert me, nor did I try to convert them.

And ya know what? We were able to exist together without much problem, because they didn't say their version of God was better than mine.

You can witness, you can even testify, but if you try to tell me my version of God is less than yours and I have to think along the same lines as you? We're gonna have problems.

All of us conceive of God in our own ways. Some do it with religion, some do it with science, and some do it with philosophy.

Following an uproar over a Defense Department statement saying that military personnel could be court-martialed for sharing their faith, the Pentagon has backed down on that position and now says soldiers are free to proselytize, as long as they don't harass others. “Service members can share their faith,” clarified Navy Lieutenant Commander Nate Christensen in a statement, “but must not force unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to one's beliefs.”

In other words, no nagging.

Pentagon Changes Mind, Says Soldiers Can Share Faith

Sexual harassment is different than religious harassment.

Both create a hostile work environment and make the harassed uncomfortable. How is constantly being bombarded with religious dogma that much different than being asked out repeatedly by someone you've turned down?

I've never refused to speak about someone's faith, as long as I could share mine.

And ya know what? We were able to exist together without much problem, because they didn't say their version of God was better than mine.

You can witness, you can even testify, but if you try to tell me my version of God is less than yours and I have to think along the same lines as you? We're gonna have problems.

All of us conceive of God in our own ways. Some do it with religion, some do it with science, and some do it with philosophy.

That's the way I feel, I like to hear others ideas, I may not agree but in the end we respect each others opinion an learn.

Perhaps political harassment needs to be added to the list. That way democrats will be forced to put a sock in it.

That's the way I feel, I like to hear others ideas, I may not agree but in the end we respect each others opinion an learn.

Hell, I welcome people telling me their ideas and then I'll either lend credence to them or repudiate them. Dems don't like the spreading of spiritual and common sense ideas b/c it disrupts the brain washing process.

Forum List

Back