Obama Care Crisis Solved for Congress and Staffers!

Section 1312(d)(3)(D) of the Affordable Care Act- “The only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and their congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are created under this Act…or offered through an Exchange established under this Act.”
->
NYT said:
However, under the arrangement, lawmakers and many of their aides will have to get coverage through new health insurance marketplaces, or exchanges, being set up in every state.

Ανίκανων σας είναι καταπληκτικό, Trajanus Minimalus.

Section 1312(d)(3)(D) of the Affordable Care Act- “The only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and their congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are created under this Act…or offered through an Exchange established under this Act.”
->
NYT said:
However, under the arrangement, lawmakers and many of their aides will have to get coverage through new health insurance marketplaces, or exchanges, being set up in every state.

is that an answer to post #58? :eusa_eh:

if an employer with over 50 employees does not offer a health care plan for their employees for which they contribute X percent for the cost of them, then the employer is breaking the ACA law....

According to the ACA employers MUST offer health care plans to full time employees...if they are a certain size and the fed certainly meets that requirement, and if the employer does not offer it then the employer is fined.

Are we going to fine the Federal gvt for not offering employer sponsored health care insurance for each employee that they have....?

Grassley and others, clearly did not understand the ACA when he slipped that in to legislation, IT MAKES NO SENSE????

It is not against the law not to offer a plan, or even to offer a plan that doesn't meet the minimum guidelines. The Supreme Court made it very clear that not doing so results in a tax being levied against the company, not a fine.

No the fuck it does not. The government can offer employer contributed expenses to the federal government health care plan for employees, just like a private company with a 50 employee plus mandate. That IS the law.

I hope none of you are doing the HR work for your companies concerning health care.

Good grief.

If it is the law why doesn't the law say that instead of saying that employers who do not provide insurance have to pay a tax?

Deal Keeps U.S. Health Care Contribution for Congress
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration told Congress on Thursday that it would allow the federal government to continue paying a large share of the cost of health insurance for members of Congress and their aides, averting a problem for many who work on Capitol Hill.

Yet they won't have to pay for it because the government will still be forking over the money even though they make more money than the law permits for a subsidy.

Green if the law is so awesome why is it being delayed a year?

Too much awesomeness all at once?

Deal Keeps U.S. Health Care Contribution for Congress
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration told Congress on Thursday that it would allow the federal government to continue paying a large share of the cost of health insurance for members of Congress and their aides, averting a problem for many who work on Capitol Hill.

Yet they won't have to pay for it because the government will still be forking over the money even though they make more money than the law permits for a subsidy.

thats why I came at him again up above, re: my post #58, Pelosi is happy for a reason, the dog that doesn't bark extrapolation;) they got exactly what they wanted one way or another.

Green if the law is so awesome why is it being delayed a year?

Too much awesomeness all at once?

Obama clearly wants to save up a Big Dose of Awesomeness for right before the 2014 elections!

wait, the biggest is yet to come, he has to placate the unions....of course Greenbeard schluffed off my Cadillac plan as if I was some greedy guy for wondering why I would have to take the bite when the tax on those plans hits.

be patient- when obama or Hillary (if shes in a position to), gives them a pass, it'll all be cool with him.....watch;)

Already offered and copped you above, MeBelle.

Where Jake?
All I see from your posts in this thread is opinion, no links to facts.

I used your link. OPM made the decision which it was it was supposed to make, whether the employer (the federal government) could continue the employer contributions. Show us in the law where it could not? You can't.

No. The government will be a huge chunk of the costs of their care instead of them having to use the exchanges the way the poor will have to.

You still don't get, boedicca. Their employer will pay the employer contribution, just as my company did for our employees health care and will continue to do so. Those who do not have employer insurance will purchase theirs through the cooperatives. Many independent contractors outside of the employer health care system will do the same.

That's not what the ObamaCare law actually says. They are supposed to go on the exchanges - there is nothing about the government footing the bill as the employer.

You want different rules for the government than everybody else? I thought you freaks wanted the same rules for everybody.

Then get a far right majority and change it. That's impossible.

You still don't get, boedicca. Their employer will pay the employer contribution, just as my company did for our employees health care and will continue to do so. Those who do not have employer insurance will purchase theirs through the cooperatives. Many independent contractors outside of the employer health care system will do the same.

That's not what the ObamaCare law actually says. They are supposed to go on the exchanges - there is nothing about the government footing the bill as the employer.

You want different rules for the government than everybody else? I thought you freaks wanted the same rules for everybody.

speaking of rules- the Grassley amendment was inserted in and made part of the Bill that passed.....duhuuuhhhh!!!!!!:lol:

This is different rules for the government because non government employees cannot contribute to any plan their employee purchases through the exchanges unless someone (hint, the employee) pays a tax on it.

speaking of rules- the Grassley amendment was inserted in and made part of the Bill that passed.....duhuuuhhhh!!!!!!:lol:

Which does not change your point, which is that the government is within the law.

You guys are so completely inconsistent running around whining about something you can't change.

Which does not change your point, which is that the government is within the law.

You guys are so completely inconsistent running around whining about something you can't change.

You said Obama was within the law when he delayed the employee reporting requirements even though his own lawyers said he wasn't.

no, they are not. Pelosi isn't happy now becasue nothing has changed, QW remarked upon it....

whether I can change it or not is not germane. let congress vote again and change it, thats the way its done, not by fiat.

Congress keeps voting. Senate won't pick it up. If it did and passed it, Obama won't sign it.

One of our finest non-reactonary conservative writers go this right. Charles Krauthammer: Tea party draws wrong lines on security and Obamacare. Charles Krauthammer: Tea party draws wrong lines on security and Obamacare | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

thats whats called an argument in mitigation.....if Reid won't bring it up for a vote, is not germane to the issue, the rules as passed and codified in the bill stand.

Forum List

Back