Obama Dares Republicans To Show Their Obamacare Replacement Before Repeal

If it’s really better, the president says, he’ll endorse it.

President Barack Obama on Friday issued a stark, simple challenge to Republicans who want to repeal Obamacare: If you really have a better alternative, show it to the American people first.

“If they are so convinced they can do it better, then they shouldn’t be afraid to make that presentation,” Obama said, even promising to vouch for such a plan.

“I’m saying to every Republican right now, if you in fact can put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.”

Obama made the comments during a live, wonky interview with Ezra Klein and Sarah Kliff of Vox. The interview took place at the Blair House, the residence across the street from the White House where, famously, Obama presided over an eight-hour bipartisan discussion of health policy in early 2010, shortly before Congress passed what would become the Affordable Care Act.

More: Obama Dares Republicans To Show Their Obamacare Replacement Before Repeal

I agree, Mr. President. What are Republicans afraid of?
Sorry, Republicans don't have an overpriced insurance plan that doesn't cover shit to replace it with right now. To be honest.....it's not their job to provide health care coverage for all of the illegals Obama brought here without our approval.
I guess he's gonna have to just wait.

He's gonna have to wait until it's passed to find out what's in it. Turnabout's fair play.

We had a pretty good idea what was in the ACA before it was passed.
Is that why they had to rely on the stupidity of the American people?

That's what brought Trump into office - you have a problem with it?
You idiots supported the disaster, which led to Trump's election, so no I don't have a problem with it.

If it’s really better, the president says, he’ll endorse it.....

Sorry. Mr Obama wouldn't show his before it was voted on, so there's no reason the Republicans should either.

Never set a precedent you're not willing to have the other side use as well.
There was a full compliment of Republican congressmen on the BI-PARTISAN committees in the House and Senate who designed the ACA.

So, Republicans absolutely did know what was in the bill.

Question: How many Dems will be on the committees designing the replacement or modification of the ACA?

President Barack Obama on Friday issued a stark, simple challenge to Republicans who want to repeal Obamacare: If you really have a better alternative, show it to the American people first.

“If they are so convinced they can do it better, then they shouldn’t be afraid to make that presentation,” Obama said, even promising to vouch for such a plan.

“I’m saying to every Republican right now, if you in fact can put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.”

Obama made the comments during a live, wonky interview with Ezra Klein and Sarah Kliff of Vox. The interview took place at the Blair House, the residence across the street from the White House where, famously, Obama presided over an eight-hour bipartisan discussion of health policy in early 2010, shortly before Congress passed what would become the Affordable Care Act.

Sorry, Republicans don't have an overpriced insurance plan that doesn't cover shit to replace it with right now. To be honest.....it's not their job to provide health care coverage for all of the illegals Obama brought here without our approval.
- Yes, Republicans don't have a plan.

- No, Obama stopped the growth of the undocumented population. Before Obama, the undocumented population had grown steadily all the way back to Reagan and before.

That was a serious accomplishment, wouldn't you agree?

Sorry. Mr Obama wouldn't show his before it was voted on, so there's no reason the Republicans should either.

There was a full compliment of Republican congressmen on the BI-PARTISAN committees in the House and Senate who designed the ACA.

Question: How many Dems will be on the committees designing the replacement or modification of the ACA?
Liar!

- Yes, Republicans don't have a plan.

- No, Obama stopped the growth of the undocumented population. Before Obama, the undocumented population had grown steadily all the way back to Reagan and before.

That was a serious accomplishment, wouldn't you agree?
WillReadmore, apparently you've read less in spite of our chosen name.

Liar!
Only a chicken shit dumps ad hom with NOTHING to back it up.

Liar!
Only a chicken shit dumps ad hom with NOTHING to back it up.
You are still a liar!

Wow Obama gets serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.
But no obama commits a breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

He's gonna have to wait until it's passed to find out what's in it. Turnabout's fair play.
So you're saying no passing Supreme Court Justices and block whenever it's possible?

We did? Who is we? Pelosi and the Democrats straight out admitted they either didn't read it or they tried and to and were totally confused.
The "we" is Democrats and Republicans in the House and the Senate.

The general public knew, too, if they cared enough to pay attention.

We did? Who is we? Pelosi and the Democrats straight out admitted they either didn't read it or they tried and to and were totally confused.

Sure...

Here is what makes your post nonsense;

Forum List

Back