Obama Dares Republicans To Show Their Obamacare Replacement Before Repeal

Regardless of desperate left wing fantasies Barry has about two weeks left in office and democrats are the minority party. He doesn't get to "dare republicans" about anything anymore.

If it’s really better, the president says, he’ll endorse it.

President Barack Obama on Friday issued a stark, simple challenge to Republicans who want to repeal Obamacare: If you really have a better alternative, show it to the American people first.

“If they are so convinced they can do it better, then they shouldn’t be afraid to make that presentation,” Obama said, even promising to vouch for such a plan.

“I’m saying to every Republican right now, if you in fact can put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.”

Obama made the comments during a live, wonky interview with Ezra Klein and Sarah Kliff of Vox. The interview took place at the Blair House, the residence across the street from the White House where, famously, Obama presided over an eight-hour bipartisan discussion of health policy in early 2010, shortly before Congress passed what would become the Affordable Care Act.

More: Obama Dares Republicans To Show Their Obamacare Replacement Before Repeal

I agree, Mr. President. What are Republicans afraid of?

They won't do it unless Obama triple dares them.

He's gonna have to wait until it's passed to find out what's in it. Turnabout's fair play.

We had a pretty good idea what was in the ACA before it was passed.
We did? Who is we? Pelosi and the Democrats straight out admitted they either didn't read it or they tried and to and were totally confused.
The "we" is Democrats and Republicans in the House and the Senate.

The general public knew, too, if they cared enough to pay attention.
Sure...

Out of context and totally misconstrued.

Your interpretation of that quote could not be possible, since Republicans and Democrats created it together in bi-partisan committees in both the House and the Senate.

You would have to believe Republican congressmen can't read or listen.

He's gonna have to wait until it's passed to find out what's in it. Turnabout's fair play.
So you're saying no passing Supreme Court Justices and block whenever it's possible?
Sure, if you want 2018 to be another blood bath for Democrats.
That's how the GOP came back from their catastrophe.

Their move was to have the leaders of both the House and the Senate declare that their primary objective was the failure of the US president.

And, that did bring them back. It does seem like the correct strategy!

President Barack Obama on Friday issued a stark, simple challenge to Republicans who want to repeal Obamacare: If you really have a better alternative, show it to the American people first.

“If they are so convinced they can do it better, then they shouldn’t be afraid to make that presentation,” Obama said, even promising to vouch for such a plan.

“I’m saying to every Republican right now, if you in fact can put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.”

Obama made the comments during a live, wonky interview with Ezra Klein and Sarah Kliff of Vox. The interview took place at the Blair House, the residence across the street from the White House where, famously, Obama presided over an eight-hour bipartisan discussion of health policy in early 2010, shortly before Congress passed what would become the Affordable Care Act.

Fuck your Obama..,,and his Obamacare.....

I already know about your deep seated hate for our president.

What you're failing on is making any useful contribution on what we should do after killing the health care plans every American depends on.

It's easy to wipe out our entire system. It's not quite as easy to figure out how to give the health care coverage that the citizens of EVERY first world nation provides their citizens - except for the US, of course.

We did? Who is we? Pelosi and the Democrats straight out admitted they either didn't read it or they tried and to and were totally confused.

Sure...

Your interpretation of that quote could not be possible, since Republicans and Democrats created it together in bi-partisan committees in both the House and the Senate.

They apparently could because they voted against it.

In a couple more days no one will HAVE to listen to Barry anymore. He lost his right IMO to demand anything about this failed law / system when he rammed it down the throats of the majority of Americans who opposed it then dropped into the laps of others to clean up after he leaves.

The fact is the ACA is collapsing, whether he wants to admit it or not. If the Republicans decided to leave it completely alone, as it sounds like they may be until 2018, it will 'die' on its own.

The reason they are not willing to do that is because if that happens people will be left with nothing...because of the Democrats who passed it.

If Obama ever cared about more than his 'Legacy', if Democrats ever cared more about the American people than their own party, they would work with the GOP to help fix it / create something better, taking the best the ACA has to offer as a start.

What you're failing on is making any useful contribution on what we should do after killing the health care plans every American depends on.

It's easy to wipe out our entire system. It's not quite as easy to figure out how to give the health care coverage that the citizens of EVERY first world nation provides their citizens - except for the US, of course.
And you know nothing about my love for America...

False. Every American, huh? BTW, there has never been a healthcare crisis. Hospital ERs were coerced by the government to provide indigent care.
t's easy to wipe out our entire system. It's not quite as easy to figure out how to give the health care coverage that the citizens of EVERY first world nation provides their citizens - except for the US, of course.
They also provide censorship and gun control. BTW, the waiting lists for procedures are despicable in those "first world" nations.

Fuck that POS, he'll be gone in 12 days, and good riddance.

Bullshit. Republicans were kept out of it. They had nothing to do with Obamacare.

Sure...

You might want to read this link and reconsider your answer.

Dems to bypass tradition on final health deal

It's your job to provide your own insurance, not the governments. Oh and only about 2.5 million get their insurance through the exchanges.

In a couple more days no one will HAVE to listen to Barry anymore. He lost his right IMO to demand anything about this failed law / system when he rammed it down the throats of the majority of Americans who opposed it then dropped into the laps of others to clean up after he leaves.

The fact is the ACA is collapsing, whether he wants to admit it or not. If the Republicans decided to leave it completely alone, as it sounds like they may be until 2018, it will 'die' on its own.

The reason they are not willing to do that is because if that happens people will be left with nothing...because of the Democrats who passed it.

If Obama ever cared about more than his 'Legacy', if Democrats ever cared more about the American people than their own party, they would work with the GOP to help fix it / create something better, taking the best the ACA has to offer as a start.
Dems have never refused to work on something better.

They have proposed improvements.

A few of those improvements were voted in, because Republicans liked them, too.

Also, remember that the ACA was created by bi-partisan committees in the House and Senate. McCain points out that over 160 Republican amendments became part of the ACA at a time when Dems had a super majority in the Senate as well as a House majority.

This doesn't have to be so partisan as Republicans have consistently tried to make it.

The House and Senate could cause there to be bi-partisan committees to figure out what comes next.

Even Ryan points out that Republicans only have "ideas". If there is going to be a replacement, it would have to be designed - obviously. Are Republicans really going to totally cut Dems out of that process???

When was the last time THAT worked out to the benefit of America?

Last edited:

Who gives a shit what he thinks. He's old news.
not only is he old news but, when the ACA is dismantled, he will not be the president, he wont even be a government worker, so basically, he has no more say in it than any other citizen out in the street. He just needs to learn how to STFU and stay out of the governments business. as far as him endorsing it? Who gives a crap? seriously, he can endorse it, argue against it, do whatever he wants, he will get the same consideration that he gave us citizens that wanted no part of his failed ACA scheme, he will just have to go along with it. or he can move to Canada. (my personal favorite choice for him)

Forum List

Back