Obama demands law forcing men to divulge their salaries to female co-workers

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
HAHAHA. I'm sick of hearing this conspiracy theory that those dastardly men are conspiring to hold down the pay of women. Men are paid more by business because men are better with numbers and have more drive than women. Men go to college and study engineering while women study sociology.

WH: Women Should Be 'Able to Actually Find Out What Their Male Colleagues Earn' | CNS News

March 13, 2014 - 9:14 AM

(CNSNews.com) - The first bill President Obama signed into law was the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009, but five years later, the White House is still talking about the gender wage-gap.

At a White House briefing on Wednesday, Betsey Stevenson, one of President Obama's economic advisers, said female employees need to know how much their male colleagues earn, so they can tell if they're being paid equally.

"Well, you know, one of the challenges is the fact that employers can enforce pay-nondisclosure agreements, and as a result, even though the Lilly Ledbetter Act passed, you know, one of her problems was that she didn't know how much her colleagues made. She didn't know that her male colleagues were earning so much more than her," Stevenson said.

"And what we need to make sure is that women do seem to have -- and are able to actually find out -- what their male colleagues earn, and are able to learn about situations of pay discrimination so that when you're someone like Lilly Ledbetter, who are working side by side with men, doing the exact same work, you know, when you're -- if you're being paid equally or not."

Why can't women fight their own battles.? Why do they always insist the govt step in and fight for them?

A bill doing this died in Congress a while back.. I wonder if Obama is going to try to force it done via EO as he has done pay raises this week?

A bill doing this died in Congress a while back.. I wonder if Obama is going to try to force it done via EO as he has done pay raises this week?

Women need obama to protect them from this giant male conspiracy to hold down their wages. HAHAHA

Forum List

Back