Obama did not draw the red line.

According to President Obama he did not draw the red line for the use of chemical weapons in Syria the international community did and it is their credibility on the line along with Americas and congress but not his. Wow I mean wow.
Obama says he didn’t draw the red line on Syria, the world did - KansasCity.com

We're used to the lying and spin.

What people should be alarmed about is the way he separates himself from America. He is proving that he does not consider himself a representative of the United States of America. The way he arrogantly commented that it's not his credibility on the line, rather the credibility of the international community, congress and America that are on the line. Even if the world saw America as a failure, it would not reflect on Obama, in his eyes. He isn't a part of this country nor is he a leader of this country. He must believe he is sitting in the oval office because the people worship him and he lowered himself to take a position where he is constrained by our founding father's document. Anyone who has the nerve to run for president with the intention of fundamentally changing this country, rather than getting us back on track, does not love this country or what it stands for. Of course, the commies and radicals will quickly side with Obama and say that this country is horrible and needs to be changed. Free markets, freedom and liberty are bad things to some people.

He is the most narcissistic person to ever occupy our White House and this latest statement proves it.

Mr Obama did make a "red line" statement as it pertains to chemical weapons, Syria and Assad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxwfaIAl_Q]Obama Warns Syria's Assad Chemical Weapons A 'RED Line' - YouTube[/ame]

President Obama: "We have been very clear to the Assad regime but also to other players on the ground that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized, uh, that would change my calculus, that would change my equation."

I'm sure the President Obama defenders will semantically parse this statement in blind support of Mr Obama, but the facts are the facts. He said it, and the proof is now posted.

Cynic points out that the US actively used chemical weapons as recently as Vietnam and the international community didn't say squat.

If I remember correctly, the Vietnam war ended in 1975.

On which planet is 38 years ago, "recent"?

The one where the Geneva Convention banning the use of chemical weapons was signed in 1925, something that Pelosi pointed out just yesterday. Feel free to correct me if my math is off, but that would mean that the US signed a treaty banning the use of chemical weapons 50 years before they used them.

Just curious, what planet are you from?

Devil's Advocate says: "the international community declared the use of chemical weapons to be illegal under any circumstances, decades ago".

I believe the ban on mustard gas and such started after World War 1.

I'm thinking the American people are fed up with being the worlds unappreciated policemen.

After Iraq, many stopped seeing America as a "policeman" but rather a dangerous bully. Even though Republicans pretend it never happened or that once they passed that debacle to Obama they became absolved of all responsibility, the rest of the world hasn't forgotten. That GOP fiasco has damaged overseas relationships for decades to come.

Even more telling is the follow up quote (from the OP);

“My credibility is not on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line."

I am not sure how that translates into French, or Swahili, but it could be construed as either calling the rest of the world a bunch of pussies, or preemptively blaming everyone if he does something stupid. It's a bit presumptuous. Besides the fact that it is completely at odds with his actions and stated intentions of going it alone, any way you cut it, it does not qualify as 'Smart Power'.

Devil's Advocate says: "the international community declared the use of chemical weapons to be illegal under any circumstances, decades ago".

I'm thinking the American people are fed up with being the worlds unappreciated policemen.

After Iraq, many stopped seeing America as a "policeman" but rather a dangerous bully. Even though Republicans pretend it never happened or that once they passed that debacle to Obama they became absolved of all responsibility, the rest of the world hasn't forgotten. That GOP fiasco has damaged overseas relationships for decades to come.

OMG you are so frustrating. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH GOP OR DEMOCRATS.

rdean, we need parsing, not deflection. Try it again, but this time pretend you are Bill Clinton trying to parse the word 'is'.

ahhh...After Iraq Obama was President. Who's sorry now?

Y'all ever get tired of making excuses for Obama..?

Obama completely failed the American people before and at the end of the Iraqi War and too many Democrats were far more concerned with re-election than the well being of the soldiers in Iraq during the war, disgraceful really.

Democrats (too many) reveled in the deaths and injuries of the American soldiers as you should recall. The daily counts before the election that amazingly stopped after the election. Recall the liberal media and fervent Democrats harassing families as their Fathers and Moms, their Son's and Daughters returned in coffins after giving their lives for all the American people. Oh Yes, the many selfish bastards we call Democrats.

:lol:..Yup, Obama's foreign policy team are like....Magical Wizards...:itsok:

Hopeless comes to mind...

Last edited:
According to President Obama he did not draw the red line for the use of chemical weapons in Syria the international community did and it is their credibility on the line along with Americas and congress but not his. Wow I mean wow.

We're used to the lying and spin.

What people should be alarmed about is the way he separates himself from America. He is proving that he does not consider himself a representative of the United States of America. The way he arrogantly commented that it's not his credibility on the line, rather the credibility of the international community, congress and America that are on the line. Even if the world saw America as a failure, it would not reflect on Obama, in his eyes. He isn't a part of this country nor is he a leader of this country. He must believe he is sitting in the oval office because the people worship him and he lowered himself to take a position where he is constrained by our founding father's document. Anyone who has the nerve to run for president with the intention of fundamentally changing this country, rather than getting us back on track, does not love this country or what it stands for. Of course, the commies and radicals will quickly side with Obama and say that this country is horrible and needs to be changed. Free markets, freedom and liberty are bad things to some people.

He is the most narcissistic person to ever occupy our White House and this latest statement proves it.

The man's ego and narcisscism are beyond belief.
He is utterly incapable of admitting any kind of mistake.

It is ALWAYS EVERYBODY else's fault.
This man disgusts me in every way possible.

Last edited:
This President is a pathological liar.

It's lies upon lies ... no surprises there.

Well no.

You folks are playing "gotcha" again.

Here's the actual quote:

“We cannot have a situation in which chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people,” Mr. Obama said in response to questions at an impromptu news conference at the White House. “We have been very clear to the Assad regime but also to other players on the ground that a red line for us is, we start seeing a whole bunch of weapons moving around or being utilized.”

“That would change my calculus,” he added. “That would change my equation.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/21/world/middleeast/obama-threatens-force-against-syria.html

No where did he marry the US to the use of force.

He speaks with forked tongue......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg8XFRc-Lc]Obama's Blurred Red Line - YouTube[/ame]

I must have missed it.

Where in that quote did the President say that once the "Red Line" was crossed, the US was going to take military action?

Point to the time in the video please.

Well no.

Here's the actual quote:

“We cannot have a situation in which chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people,” Mr. Obama said in response to questions at an impromptu news conference at the White House. “We have been very clear to the Assad regime but also to other players on the ground that a red line for us is, we start seeing a whole bunch of weapons moving around or being utilized.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/21/world/middleeast/obama-threatens-force-against-syria.html

He's denying that he said the red line was ours when he clearly said "...a red line for us...""

Now he is backpedaling saying that the red line is the world's red line so he either now speaks for the entire world or he is lying again.

Which of the two seems more likely?

Well no.

Here's the actual quote:

He's denying that he said the red line was ours when he clearly said "...a red line for us...""

Now he is backpedaling saying that the red line is the world's red line so he either now speaks for the entire world or he is lying again.

Sorry?

I'm missing something.

Point to where military action was threatened.

You wanna play this "exact words" "gotcha" game...then you should be able to point that out.

Well no.

Here's the actual quote:

Sorry?

I'm missing something.

You wanna play this "exact words" "gotcha" game...then you should be able to point that out.

I never said it was did I?

I am pointing out Obambam's backpedaling to you

He is lying.....again.

Well no.

Here's the actual quote:

Sorry?

I'm missing something.

So what exactly did he do when the red line was crossed ? Golf ?

Forum List

Back