Obama Extending Broadband Internet Access to Public Housing Residents

How does anyone find out about jobs, make applications or receive information without Internet access today?

Seems conservatives would support it but they would rather rant...

Get a job freeloader, but don't expect me to provide the Internet to do it

You know most of these "poor" people have smart phones and can access the internet anytime they wish right?
So having free wifi is highly unlikely to change their internet habits.
Having Wi-Fi will lower their data charges and seriously, have you ever tried taking a college course on a smartphone?

LOL....Anyone smart enough to take college courses will already have internet access.
Yeah, except poor people who just gained Internet access. DUH

Duh.....why cant they get internet access like the rest us did.
You know,get a job,work your way up and pay for it your damnself.

But you squeal like a stuck pig when someone wants to take away your medicare and SS gubmint cheese.

People need to stop acting like SS is some kind of entitlement.....
SS is an entitlement but I've never heard of "SS Gubmint Cheese" before. I don't know what that is. And I work with the population.

I dont consider anything I paid into all my life an entitlement.
I know but it's still an entitlement program. It pays out more than we pay into it and it's based on the idea that if you are a certain age, you are *entitled* to receive a stipend. It was the first entitlement program and the rest crowded in behind it.

And it has worked successfully for 80 years with just one fix that Ronald Reagan made.
"While the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund, the portion of Social Security that most people think of as their retirement benefits, is not set to run out of money in the trust until 2033, the Disability Insurance Trust will run out in 2016 if nothing is changed. This shortfall would result in a nearly 20% cut to benefits, reducing those $1,000 checks down to $800 a month. The acting commissioner of the Social Security Administration, Carolyn Colvin, recently stressed the importance of the situation when she stated “I don’t want to be dramatic, but I’ve worked with this population my whole career. I think we [would] give them a death sentence[.]”

Social Security Could Be In Worse Shape Than We Thought - Forbes

No...the thing is you dumbfucks think the shit is going to be free.
You're wrong,we as paying customers will be footing the bill.

If you really believe that...

1 - You're wrong, and haven't a fucking clue how to operate a business.
2 - Stop paying, by taking your business elsewhere. Nobody is forcing you to buy cable from anyone.

LOL..You think free shit is actually free.

LOL, you think you can repeat the same disproven claim and it will magically be true. It's kinda ironic, because you are doubling down on what is essentially the exact same idea you are accusing me of believing, even while I have repeatedly explained why and how nothing in this program is free, and how these companies will utilize this program to generate new profits that were previously non-existent.

In a nutshell, by believing that a false statement will become true simply by you repeating it, you think that truth is free. Sorry to burst your bubble.

How exactly do you profit from people who cant pay?

Ah the old liberal link deflection game. Here's how it works. Liberal trolls demand links. If we don't provide links they claim the earth is flat. If we do provide links they ignore them. This is why I don't play their stupid link game. Look it look me less than 5 minutes to find several underlying government grants propping up this government hand out, that you can't is you're problem.

:lmao:

So, demanding that you prove your claims is "liberal" and a "game"? Man, you really are fucking deranged. I seriously do not comprehend how someone's mind can be so shot to hell that you can instantly generate so much cockamamie bullshit that you will instantly believe, any time you are confronted with the most basic fundamentals of both logic and common sense. Dude, you should write your memoirs and get them published. It'll take the Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland cults by storm.

How does anyone find out about jobs, make applications or receive information without Internet access today?

You know most of these "poor" people have smart phones and can access the internet anytime they wish right?
Having Wi-Fi will lower their data charges and seriously, have you ever tried taking a college course on a smartphone?

LOL....Anyone smart enough to take college courses will already have internet access.

Something about the economy failing and 700,000 jobs a month lost I'm sure had something to do with it.

I would hate to have to find a job today without access to the internet

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not an entitlement freak.

But you squeal like a stuck pig when someone wants to take away your medicare and SS gubmint cheese.

SS is an entitlement but I've never heard of "SS Gubmint Cheese" before. I don't know what that is. And I work with the population.

I know but it's still an entitlement program. It pays out more than we pay into it and it's based on the idea that if you are a certain age, you are *entitled* to receive a stipend. It was the first entitlement program and the rest crowded in behind it.

The only reason you can tag it as an entitlement is because of the gross mismanagement of the program.
You cant lay that on the people who pay into it.

And it has worked successfully for 80 years with just one fix that Ronald Reagan made.
"While the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund, the portion of Social Security that most people think of as their retirement benefits, is not set to run out of money in the trust until 2033, the Disability Insurance Trust will run out in 2016 if nothing is changed. This shortfall would result in a nearly 20% cut to benefits, reducing those $1,000 checks down to $800 a month. The acting commissioner of the Social Security Administration, Carolyn Colvin, recently stressed the importance of the situation when she stated “I don’t want to be dramatic, but I’ve worked with this population my whole career. I think we [would] give them a death sentence[.]”

Social Security Could Be In Worse Shape Than We Thought - Forbes
Yes, you would think that would be on the top of the list that congress tackles in the coming months, but its not. Going to be a lot of angry old and disabled people going to the polls next year.

Something about the economy failing and 700,000 jobs a month lost I'm sure had something to do with it.

Yeah....that obama is a real fuck up.

God you libs are helpless. Since millions do find jobs the old fashioned way your post is stupid. But to humor you, how about using the taxpayer funded public libraries internet service OH SNAP!!

What kind of questions, you loon? How best to rip off the government, and therefore, the people?

How to make more money, at what prices. I do it every day, while you're busy dildoing yourself to thoughts of killing Obama.

You can go to any library or use your smart phone to look for a job.
I know it isnt as easy as sitting down at a computer in your house but once you've done it you should be able to afford your own internet access.
I really dont care if they are inconvenienced.
I was when I started out.

Wall Street, not Obama and everyone knows that.

God you libs are helpless. Since millions do find jobs the old fashioned way your post is stupid. But to humor you, how about using the taxpayer funded public libraries internet service OH SNAP!!
Very few jobs are posted anywhere but the Internet

Where are libraries located? Do they have computers to serve the entire community?
Why wouldn't you want people to have easy access to information? Do you have to walk a mile to check your email?

Wall Street, not Obama and everyone knows that.

You mean obamas best buds?
Whatever happened to all those shovel ready jobs his stimulus packages were supposed to provide?
Seems to me all they did was line his buddies pockets....and his of course.

:cuckoo:

In select markets, Sprint will offer free wireless broadband access to families with kids in public housing. In Seattle, CenturyLink Inc will provide broadband service for public housing residents for $9.95 a month for the first year.

Cox Communications Inc [COXC.UL] is offering home Internet for $9.95 a month to families with kids in school in four cities in Georgia, Louisiana and Connecticut.

Obama launches project for more broadband in public housing - Yahoo News
I've already seen the forms for people who are eligible for other freebies. $10 internet, and either a free or drastically discounted computer to any household with a kid.

Did you ad in the government grant money? Of course you didn't.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not an entitlement freak.

Yeah no shit, they rape my paychecks for thousands of dollars a year paying into that Ponzi scheme while trying to screw me out of any benefits by raising the retirement age and means testing. Why? Because they used MY SS contributions as a slush fund to spend on other crap. Now the money is gone, they have no way of repaying the $2 trillion dollars they 'borrowed' so they want to screw us over. If this were a private sector retirement program the executives would have been sent to prison.

You can go to any library or use your smart phone to look for a job.
I know it isnt as easy as sitting down at a computer in your house but once you've done it you should be able to afford your own internet access.
I really dont care if they are inconvenienced.
I was when I started out.
Welcome to the 21st century, it's called progress forward.

Forum List

Back