Obama Extending Broadband Internet Access to Public Housing Residents

Sure they suck, but they also have a monopoly on service to many areas of the country.

And I'll tell you the same thing I tell the whiny ass liberals who want the government to regulate cable prices: If you don't like the company stop buying their product. Plain and simple. Nobody forces you to spend a single penny.

How does anyone find out about jobs, make applications or receive information without Internet access today?

Seems conservatives would support it but they would rather rant...

Get a job freeloader, but don't expect me to provide the Internet to do it

You know most of these "poor" people have smart phones and can access the internet anytime they wish right?
So having free wifi is highly unlikely to change their internet habits.

Wow free high speed internet and free "devices" I guess that means computers, tablets, and phones. How many will be pawned for drugs and alcohol? At $50 a month that's about $14 million a month this hand out will cost us.

:cuckoo:

In select markets, Sprint will offer free wireless broadband access to families with kids in public housing. In Seattle, CenturyLink Inc will provide broadband service for public housing residents for $9.95 a month for the first year.

Cox Communications Inc [COXC.UL] is offering home Internet for $9.95 a month to families with kids in school in four cities in Georgia, Louisiana and Connecticut.

Obama launches project for more broadband in public housing - Yahoo News
I've already seen the forms for people who are eligible for other freebies. $10 internet, and either a free or drastically discounted computer to any household with a kid.

Did you ad in the government grant money? Of course you didn't.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not an entitlement freak.

But you squeal like a stuck pig when someone wants to take away your medicare and SS gubmint cheese.

Fer fuck's sake, you people got nothing better to complain about? The private sector is going to contribute $70 million to this project. The US govt. is contributing a paltry $50k.

And where does the private sector get their money?
Can you show where your monthly bill is being increased because of this?
The companies aren't going to be careless enough to claim that the increase is a result of this. It's going to be hidden in one of their regular rate hikes. If you had unlimited access to their financials and an army of accountants, you might be able to single out something. Emphasis on might.

Oh, jesus fuck, you lunatics are going full on conspiracy theory over this!

Wow free high speed internet and free "devices" I guess that means computers, tablets, and phones. How many will be pawned for drugs and alcohol? At $50 a month that's about $14 million a month this hand out will cost us.

In select markets, Sprint will offer free wireless broadband access to families with kids in public housing. In Seattle, CenturyLink Inc will provide broadband service for public housing residents for $9.95 a month for the first year.

Cox Communications Inc [COXC.UL] is offering home Internet for $9.95 a month to families with kids in school in four cities in Georgia, Louisiana and Connecticut.

I've already seen the forms for people who are eligible for other freebies. $10 internet, and either a free or drastically discounted computer to any household with a kid.

But you squeal like a stuck pig when someone wants to take away your medicare and SS gubmint cheese.

People need to stop acting like SS is some kind of entitlement.....

Er..no, I don't. I support myself, and my kids, and when my mother needs assistance, I'll take care of her too. Nice try though.

SS is an entitlement but I've never heard of "SS Gubmint Cheese" before. I don't know what that is. And I work with the population.

How does anyone find out about jobs, make applications or receive information without Internet access today?

You know most of these "poor" people have smart phones and can access the internet anytime they wish right?
Having Wi-Fi will lower their data charges and seriously, have you ever tried taking a college course on a smartphone?

Er..no, I don't. I support myself, and my kids, and when my mother needs assistance, I'll take care of her too. Nice try though.

So you're going to refuse her Medicare and SS?

That's dumb...she earned that.

SS is an entitlement but I've never heard of "SS Gubmint Cheese" before. I don't know what that is. And I work with the population.

I dont consider anything I paid into all my life an entitlement.

It takes money from one person, and gives it to another person, based on nothing more than the fact that you want to have it. That's an entitlement.

What people need to stop doing is acting like you "pay into" Social Security. You don't. The money you paid yesterday went to pay someone else who was collecting. The money I pay today pays someone else who is collecting today. And when I get to retirement age, there will be no more social security. I am saving money for my own retirement. You should be doing the same.

Having Wi-Fi will lower their data charges and seriously, have you ever tried taking a college course on a smartphone?

LOL....Anyone smart enough to take college courses will already have internet access.

No...the thing is you dumbfucks think the shit is going to be free.
You're wrong,we as paying customers will be footing the bill.

If you really believe that...

1 - You're wrong, and haven't a fucking clue how to operate a business.
2 - Stop paying, by taking your business elsewhere. Nobody is forcing you to buy cable from anyone.

LOL..You think free shit is actually free.
AND the reason he's a volunteer, instead of a paid bean counter at H&R block is because he doesn't have adequate job experience and education to get a job that pays. And/or he's a convicted felon.

Can you please put me back on ignore? Your insults are a painful mix of boring and not-making-any-fucking-sense. Besides, nobody wants to read about the beans leaking from your vagina.

It takes money from one person, and gives it to another person, based on nothing more than the fact that you want to have it. That's an entitlement.

What people need to stop doing is acting like you "pay into" Social Security. You don't. The money you paid yesterday went to pay someone else who was collecting. The money I pay today pays someone else who is collecting today. And when I get to retirement age, there will be no more social security. I am saving money for my own retirement. You should be doing the same.
Seeing that 62% of the public has no other retirement plan beyond Social Security I think we are better served protecting it than opting into schemes that may fail becuase we haven't passed any laws that protect those kinds of funds from manipulation.

LOL....Anyone smart enough to take college courses will already have internet access.
Yeah, except poor people who just gained Internet access. DUH

It's kinda hard to collect SS when you're fifty. Saying you're getting someone elses money is disingenuous at best.
I retired at 46 so yes I planned ahead for my own retirement. And to tell you the truth if I had my way I wouldnt have paid a dime to SS.

I know but it's still an entitlement program. It pays out more than we pay into it and it's based on the idea that if you are a certain age, you are *entitled* to receive a stipend. It was the first entitlement program and the rest crowded in behind it.

It's kinda hard to collect SS when you're fifty. Saying you're getting someone elses money is disingenuous at best.
I retired at 46 so yes I planned ahead for my own retirement. And to tell you the truth if I had my way I wouldnt have paid a dime to SS.
See that's how entitlements work. They force people to pay into them, so they can be distributed to other people.

I know but it's still an entitlement program. It pays out more than we pay into it and it's based on the idea that if you are a certain age, you are *entitled* to receive a stipend. It was the first entitlement program and the rest crowded in behind it.

And it has worked successfully for 80 years with just one fix that Ronald Reagan made.

No...the thing is you dumbfucks think the shit is going to be free.
You're wrong,we as paying customers will be footing the bill.

If you really believe that...

1 - You're wrong, and haven't a fucking clue how to operate a business.
2 - Stop paying, by taking your business elsewhere. Nobody is forcing you to buy cable from anyone.

LOL..You think free shit is actually free.

LOL, you think you can repeat the same disproven claim and it will magically be true. It's kinda ironic, because you are doubling down on what is essentially the exact same idea you are accusing me of believing, even while I have repeatedly explained why and how nothing in this program is free, and how these companies will utilize this program to generate new profits that were previously non-existent.

In a nutshell, by believing that a false statement will become true simply by you repeating it, you think that truth is free. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Forum List

Back