Obama Extending Broadband Internet Access to Public Housing Residents

But you squeal like a stuck pig when someone wants to take away your medicare and SS gubmint cheese.

People need to stop acting like SS is some kind of entitlement.....
SS is an entitlement but I've never heard of "SS Gubmint Cheese" before. I don't know what that is. And I work with the population.

I dont consider anything I paid into all my life an entitlement.
I know but it's still an entitlement program. It pays out more than we pay into it and it's based on the idea that if you are a certain age, you are *entitled* to receive a stipend. It was the first entitlement program and the rest crowded in behind it.

The only reason you can tag it as an entitlement is because of the gross mismanagement of the program.
You cant lay that on the people who pay into it.
No, I tag it as an entitlement because that's what it is, legally.

"The fact that workers contribute to the Social Security program's funding through a dedicated payroll tax establishes a unique connection between those tax payments and future benefits. More so than general federal income taxes can be said to establish "rights" to certain government services. This is often expressed in the idea that Social Security benefits are "an earned right." This is true enough in a moral and political sense. But like all federal entitlement programs, Congress can change the rules regarding eligibility--and it has done so many times over the years. The rules can be made more generous, or they can be made more restrictive. Benefits which are granted at one time can be withdrawn, as for example with student benefits, which were substantially scaled-back in the 1983 Amendments."

Social Security Online History Pages

"Entitlement Programs of the federal government include Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Unemployment and Welfare Programs. Entitlement programs are rights granted to citizens and certain non-citizens by federal law."

Entitlement Programs - Federal Safety Net

"OLD-AGE BENEFIT PAYMENTS
SEC. 202. (a) Every qualified individual (as defined in section 210) shall be entitled to receive, with respect to the period beginning on the date he attains the age of sixty-five, or on January 1, 1942, whichever is the later, and ending on the date of his death, an old-age benefit (payable as nearly as practicable in equal monthly installments) as follows..."

Social Security History II

Did you ad in the government grant money? Of course you didn't.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not an entitlement freak.

But you squeal like a stuck pig when someone wants to take away your medicare and SS gubmint cheese.

It takes money from one person, and gives it to another person, based on nothing more than the fact that you want to have it. That's an entitlement.

What people need to stop doing is acting like you "pay into" Social Security. You don't. The money you paid yesterday went to pay someone else who was collecting. The money I pay today pays someone else who is collecting today. And when I get to retirement age, there will be no more social security. I am saving money for my own retirement. You should be doing the same.
Seeing that 62% of the public has no other retirement plan beyond Social Security I think we are better served protecting it than opting into schemes that may fail becuase we haven't passed any laws that protect those kinds of funds from manipulation.

First you need to protect it from the corrupt as government who raided the fund and spent $2 trillion dollars of the contributions. Holy shit the stock market has risks but compared to congress using my SS contributions as their private slush fund with no way of paying me back I'll take the stock market.

I've already seen the forms for people who are eligible for other freebies. $10 internet, and either a free or drastically discounted computer to any household with a kid.

Did you ad in the government grant money? Of course you didn't.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not an entitlement freak.

Yeah no shit, they rape my paychecks for thousands of dollars a year paying into that Ponzi scheme while trying to screw me out of any benefits by raising the retirement age and means testing. Why? Because they used MY SS contributions as a slush fund to spend on other crap. Now the money is gone, they have no way of repaying the $2 trillion dollars they 'borrowed' so they want to screw us over. If this were a private sector retirement program the executives would have been sent to prison.

Yep...I find it rather interesting that people,for the first time in generations,have a shorter life span than in previous generations.
And they keep raising the age at which you can collect benefits....hmmmm.

I would hate to have to find a job today without access to the internet

You can go to any library or use your smart phone to look for a job.
I know it isnt as easy as sitting down at a computer in your house but once you've done it you should be able to afford your own internet access.
I really dont care if they are inconvenienced.
I was when I started out.
Welcome to the 21st century, it's called progress forward.

No,it's called robbing peter for votes.

Ah the old liberal link deflection game. Here's how it works. Liberal trolls demand links. If we don't provide links they claim the earth is flat. If we do provide links they ignore them. This is why I don't play their stupid link game. Look it look me less than 5 minutes to find several underlying government grants propping up this government hand out, that you can't is you're problem.

:lmao:

So, demanding that you prove your claims is "liberal" and a "game"? Man, you really are fucking deranged. I seriously do not comprehend how someone's mind can be so shot to hell that you can instantly generate so much cockamamie bullshit that you will instantly believe, any time you are confronted with the most basic fundamentals of both logic and common sense. Dude, you should write your memoirs and get them published. It'll take the Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland cults by storm.

Ah, and now we see your troll behavior on full display. I was wondering what that rotted festering stench was.

Yeah, except poor people who just gained Internet access. DUH

Duh.....why cant they get internet access like the rest us did.
You know,get a job,work your way up and pay for it your damnself.
Something about the economy failing and 700,000 jobs a month lost I'm sure had something to do with it.

Yeah....that obama is a real fuck up.
Wall Street, not Obama and everyone knows that.

You mean obamas best buds?
Whatever happened to all those shovel ready jobs his stimulus packages were supposed to provide?
Seems to me all they did was line his buddies pockets....and his of course.
Lol you are entitled to your own delusions.

Very few jobs are posted anywhere but the Internet
Many more jobs than are posted on the internet aren't posted at all.
All that's needed is to walk in and fill out an application.
True, they're not high-end white collar jobs, but they're still jobs that can pay the bills.

I know it isnt as easy as sitting down at a computer in your house but once you've done it you should be able to afford your own internet access.

No,it's called robbing peter for votes.
Google and Sprint, Verizon and AT&T are getting votes?

You haven't paid anything "into" Social Security. You were taxed. That tax money was used to pay someone else their entitlements. And now, you want someone else to pay for your entitlements too. You're a big government statist entitlement junkie, because you've falled for the myth that you are "paying in" to a retirement plan.

How does anyone find out about jobs, make applications or receive information without Internet access today?

Seems conservatives would support it but they would rather rant...

Get a job freeloader, but don't expect me to provide the Internet to do it

God you libs are helpless. Since millions do find jobs the old fashioned way your post is stupid. But to humor you, how about using the taxpayer funded public libraries internet service OH SNAP!!
Very few jobs are posted anywhere but the Internet

Where are libraries located? Do they have computers to serve the entire community?
Why wouldn't you want people to have easy access to information? Do you have to walk a mile to check your email?

Look clown we are talking about people who supposedly can't even afford their own internet service, you don't need the internet to apply for a job at McDonalds or Walmart. Have you visited your average HUD area Walmart, these people don't seem to have any difficulty getting there.

SS is an entitlement but I've never heard of "SS Gubmint Cheese" before. I don't know what that is. And I work with the population.

I know but it's still an entitlement program. It pays out more than we pay into it and it's based on the idea that if you are a certain age, you are *entitled* to receive a stipend. It was the first entitlement program and the rest crowded in behind it.

The only reason you can tag it as an entitlement is because of the gross mismanagement of the program.
You cant lay that on the people who pay into it.
No, I tag it as an entitlement because that's what it is, legally.

"The fact that workers contribute to the Social Security program's funding through a dedicated payroll tax establishes a unique connection between those tax payments and future benefits. More so than general federal income taxes can be said to establish "rights" to certain government services. This is often expressed in the idea that Social Security benefits are "an earned right." This is true enough in a moral and political sense. But like all federal entitlement programs, Congress can change the rules regarding eligibility--and it has done so many times over the years. The rules can be made more generous, or they can be made more restrictive. Benefits which are granted at one time can be withdrawn, as for example with student benefits, which were substantially scaled-back in the 1983 Amendments."

Social Security Online History Pages

"Entitlement Programs of the federal government include Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Unemployment and Welfare Programs. Entitlement programs are rights granted to citizens and certain non-citizens by federal law."

Entitlement Programs - Federal Safety Net

"OLD-AGE BENEFIT PAYMENTS
SEC. 202. (a) Every qualified individual (as defined in section 210) shall be entitled to receive, with respect to the period beginning on the date he attains the age of sixty-five, or on January 1, 1942, whichever is the later, and ending on the date of his death, an old-age benefit (payable as nearly as practicable in equal monthly installments) as follows..."

Social Security History II

Again,mismanagement of SS funds is hardly the fault of the tax payer.
And while you may be able to call it an entitlement in the legal sense...it's not.
Unless you say i'm entitled to it since I've paid into it. Then I guess you could call it that,but of course the meaning of the word is different when the liberals and the government use it.

These are the same morons who complain about the poor having air conditioning, color TVs and microwaves

Duh.....why cant they get internet access like the rest us did.
You know,get a job,work your way up and pay for it your damnself.
Something about the economy failing and 700,000 jobs a month lost I'm sure had something to do with it.

Yeah....that obama is a real fuck up.
Wall Street, not Obama and everyone knows that.

You mean obamas best buds?
Whatever happened to all those shovel ready jobs his stimulus packages were supposed to provide?
Seems to me all they did was line his buddies pockets....and his of course.
Lol you are entitled to your own delusions.

You'll have to explain my error.

These are the same morons who complain about the poor having air conditioning, color TVs and microwaves

If you have all those things you cant really be considered poor.

Forum List

Back