Obama goes on Fox News and gives interview.

Really? Since 1945 the Democrats have controlled both houses of congress for 17 congresses.
The Republicans for 6 and the house and senate were split 5 times.

I would say todays mess is clearly created by those in power most of the time.

Hell yes the Democrats have controlled Congress since 1945

Since that time, we have become the most powerful nation in the history of mankind, we have the most powerful economic engine on earth, we sent a man to the moon, developed the internet and computer technology, passed the Civil Rights law, womens equality, environmental and labor protections, gay rights laws.

All because of those Democratic Congress

Now some like Ollie may believe our country is a "mess" but I believe we have created the greatest country in the history of mankind

Yes they incorporate the two bills the house votes on the new Bill then it goes back to the Senate. That is not what they are doing and you know that. And if you deny it you are as big a liar as they are.

Once again they are talking about voting on a bill which has not been written that will change a bill that the house has not voted on.

Go ahead and deny it, it doesn't change the truth.

I'm really not sure what you expect my reaction to be on that...

They passed the bill in both houses, and now they're reconciling the two versions.

And they're voting on the approval of the bill at the same time they're voting on the changes.

So, what's the big deal? Do you expect people to be upset about some procedural strategy?

Really? Since 1945 the Democrats have controlled both houses of congress for 17 congresses.

Since that time, we have become the most powerful nation in the history of mankind, we have the most powerful economic engine on earth, we sent a man to the moon, developed the internet and computer technology, passed the Civil Rights law, womens equality, environmental and labor protections, gay rights laws.

Now some like Ollie may believe our country is a "mess" but I believe we have created the greatest country in the history of mankind

You don't read the posts in here much do you? Countless Democrats blame Republicans for "the mess" we are in. But that's ok you go back to your own little world they know you there.

Well, why didn't they sign it on July 8? or 9 or any other fucking day since? This constant whining about the GOP is laughable. They are a lame duck of a party and STILL the fucking left can't pass a bill.

And..... what about Obama stating that he will absolutely not use reconciliation to pass healthcare? What about what he said about any POTUS who used that these techniques to pass something as massive as healthcare would be going against the Constitution, against the very founding principles of this nation? What about what he said about any President who used this practice had lost his authority?

Obama has lost his Presidential authority and he should resign. Now.

Don't worry Caliifornia Girl....they will sign the bill this weekend

Democrats will have passed the most significant legislation in our lifetimes

It's dead in the sand moron. It will never become Law. Bet on it. ~BH

Its a bet........lets see next week
Loser gets the moron label

You don't read the posts in here much do you? Countless Democrats blame Republicans for "the mess" we are in. But that's ok you go back to your own little world they know you there.

We are talking timeframes Ollie. You brought up the 1945-2010 timeframe and I listed the accomplishments the country has made.

Damn impressive....Proud to be an American

Last edited:
Fox handled it like one of their typical propaganda pieces. Obama figured them out early and refused to be railroaded by an antagonistic interviewer who refused to let the President answer his questions. Interupting 16 times shows that Fox had no intentions of allowing the President to accurately respond.

Watch Fox interview a Republican on Healthcare. Powderpuff questions supporting the Fox agenda, no challenging of blatantly false or misleading questions, leading questions

Fox gave up being a legitimate network a long time ago. They are now the news equivalent of Professional Wrestling

I've watched lots of interviews where Fox interviewed George W Bush.

Guess how many times they interrupted him like they did Obama...

"LOTS" of interviews ...how many would that be? Obama was not overly interupted at all...when he played the double speak not answering a direct question Baier merely called him on it by pressing him! He also politely (too much so imo) didn't go far enough! I would have loved Obama to explain his "employers will save 3000 percent on premiums and that might mean a raise for you" statement he made in Ohio!

Last edited:
Yes they incorporate the two bills the house votes on the new Bill then it goes back to the Senate. That is not what they are doing and you know that. And if you deny it you are as big a liar as they are.

Once again they are talking about voting on a bill which has not been written that will change a bill that the house has not voted on.

Go ahead and deny it, it doesn't change the truth.

I'm really not sure what you expect my reaction to be on that...

They passed the bill in both houses, and now they're reconciling the two versions.

And they're voting on the approval of the bill at the same time they're voting on the changes.

So, what's the big deal? Do you expect people to be upset about some procedural strategy?

Frankly, yes! What is in the Bill? What will it do for the country? What will it hurt in the Country? Obama doesn't have any idea, he already admitted so last night.

Actually, Democrats controlled congress from 1945 to 1981, and control has been split ever since.

1981 to now also happens to be the period where we built up all of this debt...

Last edited:
Frankly, yes! What is in the Bill? What will it do for the country? What will it hurt in the Country? Obama doesn't have any idea, he already admitted so last night.

Like reconciliation, this tactic has been used many times in the past by both parties, and the country hasn't collapsed into pandemonium yet.

Actually, Democrats controlled congress from 1945 to 1981, and control has been split ever since.

This also happens to be the period where we built up all of this debt...

Close the Dems have controlled 6 the Republicans 5 with 4 split

The dems in '45 are not the moonbat liberals of '09. Don't even try that one. JFK would be hated by you liberals today.

The moonbats also controlled it from '06 on too. Look at us now. We're getting creamed.

The dems in '45 are not the moonbat liberals of '09. Don't even try that one. JFK would be hated by you liberals today.

The moonbats also controlled it from '06 on too. Look at us now. We're getting creamed.

Keep on topic concept...

We are talking about the results of Democratic leadership in the period 1945- 2010. This country made unprecedented progress during those years putting a man on the moon, civil rights, womens rights, worker and environmental protections, gay rights....all opposed by the Republicans

JFK as would his brothers Teddy and Robert would be proud of what these Democrats have accomplished and repulsed at the behavior of this version of the Party of No

I was so surprised at how BB acted more like he was in a debate rather than having an interview. I must say I am so pleased that the President granted Fox news this interview. It surely exposed Fox news for it's lack of respect for the highest office in the land. Now Fox will have to come up with something else as to why they are not granted interviews of very important people. This interview should be embarrassing to all Americans. Truly unbelievable.

I was so surprised at how BB acted more like he was in a debate rather than having an interview. I must say I am so pleased that the President granted Fox news this interview. It surely exposed Fox news for it's lack of respect for the highest office in the land. Now Fox will have to come up with something else as to why they are not granted interviews of very important people. This interview should be embarrassing to all Americans. Truly unbelievable.

Yes Obama did embarrass himself by not being able to answer the questions.

ThinkProgress has compiled some moments of Baier’s final interview with Bush versus his recent interview with Obama.

lol, what a post fail. What did you want Bret to ask George, how he was planning on taking over 1/6 of the economy from his ranch? :lol:

Bret even had the good manners to apologize for having to interrupt Barry so much. Of course he had to interrupt him, Barry just rambled off talking points and never answered the questions. Bret did a good job of bringing him back from the precipice of rambling us all to death.

I heard Bret Baier on the radio with Hannity earlier today, and what he said was that the interview was supposed to be 25 minutes, but when he got there, they told him 20. Then, when Obama sat down, Obama told him 15. :eek:

Bret said that his interview style is typically not forceful, but that he could sense after the second or third question that Obama was going to "run the clock out" on him, and of course, he had quite a few questions to get in.

It was CLEAR AS DAY to anybody who's been following this debate that Obama was filibustering with his usual talking points... and Bret's been paying attention, so he caught on quick. Good for him. :)

Forum List

Back