🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama Going For The Guns

What it sounded like to me was not much. Close a gun show loop hole was one thing, which I have no problem.

The really great thing about Obama's bullshit EO's is that they can so easily be undone once his miserable persona is gone.

I'd have no problem with anyone selling a firearm at a gun show requiring an FFL.

I would even include a perimeter to the show of, say, 500 ft. to be off limits.

Most murders are committed by repeat offenders. They start out doing petty crimes and eventually they commit homicides. Most of it over money and drugs.

Enter Barack Obama.....who has a drug addiction and feels that drug crimes shouldn't be prosecuted. He's a racist that refuses to prosecute crimes and feels the police are more of a threat than the criminals.

So he becomes president and starts releasing criminals without notifying local authorities. Then he decides he's not going to enforce immigration laws and lets in hundreds of thousands of what he calls refugees from all over the world. Then he starts riots and protests all over the country over race.

He attempted to start a border war when he first took office with his Fast & Furious program....but that blew up in his face. Later he started letting in hundreds of thousands of "refugees" from Central America, where gun violence it epidemic, and letting in Somalis and Muslims from Syria who cannot or will not meld fully into our society. He hopes to create the bloodshed that he needs to establish moral authority to squash our 2nd Amendment rights to own guns.

I suspect what we are going to see is a tightening of the definition of who needs a FFL. Something along the lines of...if you sell more than 10 guns a years, you are required to acquire a Federal Firearms License.

I suspect what we are going to see is a tightening of the definition of who needs a FFL. Something along the lines of...if you sell more than 10 guns a years, your are required to acquire a Federal Firearms License.

I'd have no problem with that.

What it sounded like to me was not much. Close a gun show loop hole was one thing, which I have no problem.

There is no gun show loophole. all sellers at gun shows must use a federal background check. Private sellers at home or gun shows or on the street do not have to use a background check to sell their personal guns to other individuals....

that is not a loop hole...and the desire to use universal background checks has nothing to do with stopping crimnials...

1) it will be used to register all guns which is the precursor to all forms of confiscating and banning guns
2) it will be used to trip up normal, law abiding gun owners and to prosecute them for felonies for selling a gun to a relative or a friend who they already know is not a felon....they want to arrest them, lock them up, take their money and take their guns for selling a legal product to a legal citizens...for a paperwork/clerical error...

Real criminals..they could care less about...

3) they will use universal background checks to go after firearm instruction and safety instruction making it harder for smaller instruction groups to hold classes forcing people to pay more for corporate instruction that will be harder to find.....

I'd have no problem with anyone selling a firearm at a gun show requiring an FFL.

I would even include a perimeter to the show of, say, 500 ft. to be off limits.

That isn't their goal and would still not stop criminals or mass shooters....don't give them an inch.

I suspect what we are going to see is a tightening of the definition of who needs a FFL. Something along the lines of...if you sell more than 10 guns a years, your are required to acquire a Federal Firearms License.

Me either.

That isn't their goal......they are using gun shows as a way to get universal background checks....which they will then use to get registration and to attack individuals with felony traps......as well as firearm safety and shooting instruction....

Me either.

Don't buy into their claim they just want to close the gun show loophole....they could care less about that....but what they want is to use that to get universal background checks...which gives them so much more....first, registration of guns, second, felony traps for people who commit clerical errors...and this...

How Everytown’s background check law impedes firearms safety training and self-defense

However, the Bloomberg laws create a very different definition. For example, the Washington state law says that “ ‘Transfer’ means the intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.” Rev. Code Wash. § 9.41.010(25).

In other words, it applies to sharing a gun while target shooting on one’s own property, or to lending a gun to a neighbor for a weekend hunting trip.

Under the Bloomberg system, transfers may take place only at a gun store. The transfer must be conducted exactly as if the retailer were selling a firearm out of her inventory. So the transferee (the neighbor borrowing the hunting gun) must fill out ATF Form 4473; the retailer must contact the FBI or its state counterpart for a background check on the transferee; and then, the retailer must take custody of the gun and record the acquisition in her Acquisition and Disposition book. Finally, the retailer hands the gun to the transferee and records the disposition in her Acquisition and Disposition book. A few days later, after the hunting trip is over, the process must be repeated for the neighbor to return the gun to the owner; this time, the owner will be the “transferee,” who will fill out Form 4473 and undergo the background check.
--------------
Safety training

Sensible firearms policy should encourage, not impede, safety instruction. The Bloomberg laws do just the opposite. They do so by making ordinary safety training impossible unless it takes place at a corporate target range. (The federal S. 374 allows transfers “at a shooting range located in or on premises owned or occupied by a duly incorporated organization organized for conservation purposes or to foster proficiency in firearms.”)

A target range is usually necessary for the component of some safety courses that includes “live fire” — in which students fire guns at a range under the supervision of an instructor. However, even the courses that have live fire also have an extensive classroom component. Some introductory courses are classroom-only. In the classroom, dozens of firearms transfers will take place. Many students may not yet own a firearm; even if a student does own a firearm, many instructors choose to allow only their own personal firearms in the classroom, as the instructor may want to teach particular facts about particular types of firearms. The instructor also wants to use firearms that he or she is certain are in good working order. In any classroom setting, functional ammunition is absolutely forbidden.
The next article in the series...private sharing on private property, with a link to long term storage article...

Sharing firearms for informal target shooting: Another legitimate activity outlawed by Everytown’s ‘universal background checks’

Here are two things that a person might do with a firearm: 1. Sell the firearm to a complete stranger in a parking lot. 2. Share the firearm with a friend, while target shooting on one’s own property. Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown” lobby is promoting “universal background checks” as a means of addressing activity No. 1. But the Bloomberg laws also outlaw activity No. 2. In a previous post, I detailed how the unusual Bloomberg laws about “background checks” for “private sales” constrict safety training and self-defense; and also obstruct safe storage. This post addresses another non-sales activity, firearms sharing.
How background checks affect long term storage when owner is away and wants to leave guns with friends...
Safe storage of firearms: The harms from Bloomberg’s strange background check system

Although the Bloomberg system is promoted as addressing private sales of firearms, the Bloomberg laws as written apply to all firearms loans — whether for a few seconds or a few weeks. There are some limited exceptions (e.g., certain family members, or at a corporate target range). But these exceptions do not apply to safe storage situations.

Consider a person who will be away from home for an extended period, such as a member of the armed services being deployed overseas, a person going away to school, a family going on a long vacation, or someone evacuating her home due to a natural disaster. Such persons might wish to store firearms with a trusted friend or neighbor for months or years. Under the Bloomberg system, for the friend or neighbor to store the firearms, the following procedures must be followed:

The owner and the bailee must find a gun store that is willing to process the loan. The store must treat the loan as if it were selling a firearm out of its inventory. Under the threat of a five-year federal prison sentence for perjury, the bailee and gun store must answer the dozens of questions on ATF Form 4473. Next, the gun store contacts the FBI or a state counterpart for permission to proceed with the sale. Under ideal circumstances, permission to proceed is granted in less than 10 minutes. The retailer then logs the gun into his Acquisition and Disposition record book, as an acquisition. He next logs the gun out of the record book, as a disposition. He hands the firearm to the bailee. The process must be followed for every firearm. If there are two are more handguns, the store must send additional forms to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Depending on the state, a fee is charged for each background check requested. The gun store, of course, will process this transaction only if it can charge a fee to compensate it for handling the paperwork. Unlike with an inventory sale, the gun store is not making any profit on the gun itself.

Later, when the bailor returns and is ready to take custody of her firearms, the entire process must be repeated, with bailor and bailee both taking all the guns to the gun store, before they may be returned to the bailor.

See...they don't care about the gun show loophole......criminals don't get their guns from gun shows...too many cops around...but universal background checks gives them so much more power that you can't see what they really want...

Give them what I suggested

If you're selling guns at a gun show, have an FFL.

no gun sales within 500 ft of a gun show without an FFL

That closes THAT whine.

Then they can fight, and lose, on Universal background checks.

1722924_1319321378127988_8942781069457189654_n.jpg

Forum List

Back