🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

OBAMA Has a House Majority - when Boehner Allows a Vote

The introduction of this new principle of representative democracy has rendered useless almost everything written before on the structure of government; Thomas Jefferson

a representative Democracy is also a type of Democracy.

what is really SICK is these so called "patriot" tea party slimes think the minority of the minority party should be the one getting its way in a democracy.

The founders did not plan it that way and every one of you liars KNOW that fact.

Your bullies and you dont love Democracy

Then you don't know much about our Founding Fathers.

At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, Franklin was queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation. In the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention, a lady asked Dr. Franklin “Well Doctor what have we got, a republic or a monarchy.” Franklin replied, “A republic . . . if you can keep it.”

Our Constitution created a limited representative republic. A republic is different from a democracy. In a democracy, the majority can directly make laws, while in a republic, elected representatives make laws. Basically, in a pure democracy, the majority has unlimited power, whereas in a republic, a written constitution limits the majority and provides safeguards for the individual and minorities.

A Republic, if You Can Keep It . . . | What Would The Founders Think?

a blog????

really?

Both parties are responsible the meltdown idiot.

This crash was decades in the making under both parties.

Catch a fucking clue and fuck your partisan bullshit.

Jesus your a moron.

It was caused by the housing bubble.

That formed in the years Bush was in office and the republicans controled things.

FACTS dont back your stupid

If you really want to know who was responsible for the Housing bubble and who tried to head it off...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blcC_kCnf8U]Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Coveri - YouTube[/ame]

a republic is a type of Democracy.

Perhaps; but you'd be very wrong to reference our form of government as a democracy. Let alone say it's what our Founding Fathers had intended. They'd slap you if they could.

Constitutional Republic:

Constitutional Republic - Conservapedia

A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

A Constitutional Republic is the current form of government in the United States. However in recent years, many people have criticized the federal government for moving away from a Constitutional Republic, as defined by the Constitution, and towards a pure democracy.[1]

TeamLaw.org defines a Constitutional Republic as follows:

A Republic, by definition, has two principle elements. First, it is controlled by Law; therefore, it does not control Law. Second, it recognizes the private independent sovereign nature of each person (man or woman) of competent age and capacity; therefore, a Republic must be representative in its nature.

A Republic recognizes Law is unchangeable, or at least that it can only be changed by a higher source than government. In a Republic the concept of “collective sovereignty” cannot exist, except with recognition that the State or nation, as a body of sovereigns, can speak through one elected voice; though that one voice can never lawfully interfere with the private rights of the individual sovereigns.

“A Constitutional Republic” is a government created and controlled, at least, by the Law of a Constitution. The Constitution of the United States of America was, in Law, a foundation based on the Bible, the Magna Carta and the Declaration of Independence. Those documents recognize man’s sovereignty, the divine nature of man’s creation and man’s divine right to Life, Liberty, the means of acquiring and possessing Property, and the pursuit of happiness.[2]

And Democracy..

Democracy - Conservapedia

Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people (as Abraham Lincoln defined it). It was invented by the ancient Greeks and has spread widely in western nations since the English Civil War in the mid 17th century.

Democracy means the people rule and can do anything they want by majority rule.[1] In the U.S. "super majorities" (over 50%) are required for many decisions, such as ratifying a treaty or passing a constitutional amendment. Republicanism means there is a system of rule of law, or inalienable rights, which no majority can vote out.

America is a Constitutional Republic . . . NOT a Democracy

A Constitutional Republic, Not a Democracy | RedState

The President has 30 to 80 Republicans in the House who are ready to vote for his measures if Boehner will allow a vote.

Boehner knows this, and refuses to put up for vote, any measure he knows he will lose on.

:hellno:

The "ceiling" and "cliff" bills passed with 30 to 80 House Republicans voting with a solid Demmocrat caucus.

Obama wouldn't have to wait until 2014 to gain control of the House, but it will take that vote to put Nancy back into the Speaker's job.

:doubt:

So I assume you are mad at Reid for the same reason RIGHT? Or is that DIFFERENT?

The President has 30 to 80 Republicans in the House who are ready to vote for his measures if Boehner will allow a vote.

Boehner knows this, and refuses to put up for vote, any measure he knows he will lose on.

:hellno:

The "ceiling" and "cliff" bills passed with 30 to 80 House Republicans voting with a solid Demmocrat caucus.

Obama wouldn't have to wait until 2014 to gain control of the House, but it will take that vote to put Nancy back into the Speaker's job.

:doubt:

dude, after seeing all of the threads you've posted, read your posts, it doesn't appear to me you are very, uhm balanced, that is, you don't seem to consider, weigh or value anything that does not agree with your slant/view/position.........however, there's always the chance I didn't read you right ( hardly) but am willing to give it one go and explain-

- this practice has been going on and has gone on in both houses for a very long time, yes, even pre-Bush :rolleyes: ...

This is NOT new and it is practiced by each party. The majority leader decides what, how and when a bill comes to the floor(s).

and your last comment-

if you are supposing for a moment that any, and I mean any republican would vote to give the House gavel to, hell, not just Nancy but any democrat, your understanding of politics how the chambers and exec. work, etc. etc. is infantile.....

Obama wouldn't have to wait until 2014 to gain control of the House, but it will take that vote to put Nancy back into the Speaker's job

if you are supposing for a moment that any, and I mean any republican would vote to give the House gavel to, hell, not just Nancy but any democrat, your understanding of politics how the chambers and exec. work, etc. etc. is infantile.....

Feel better getting that off your scrawny little chest?

Good.

Now re-read the title of this thread and understand that only the 2014 Democrat majority will vote for Speaker - and they will vote for Nancy

:)

man oh man, how dare those people stop Obama from spending us into Oblivion, he sould be free free free to do anything he wishes to us

Remember, he knows ALL and what is best for us

Gee. Wonder if OL'Driveoff feels the same about Reid in the Senate.

I mean really. Loads of bills gathering dust on that fuckers desk. Anything the House sends over is DOA.

Mayby Driveoff needs to drop OL'Harry an e-mail.

Who knows. Perhaps the Reps will get both the House and Senate in 2014. Now wouldn't that just frost OL'Driveoffs ass??

Any Democrat bill that will pass in the Senate is Filibustered by Republicans.

McConnell has used over 400 filibusters in 4 years to block Democrat bills.

The point is, there are 30 to 80 Republicans in the HOUSE who are ready to vote for Democrat bills as shown by the 'cliff' and 'debt ceiling' bills.

The point is, there are 30 to 80 Republicans in the HOUSE who are ready to vote for Democrat bills as shown by the 'cliff' and 'debt ceiling' bills.

you really need a cracker

you really need a cracker

You really need to listen to someone else but FOX Hate Radio

Obama wouldn't have to wait until 2014 to gain control of the House, but it will take that vote to put Nancy back into the Speaker's job

Feel better getting that off your scrawny little chest?

Good.

Now re-read the title of this thread and understand that only the 2014 Democrat majority will vote for Speaker - and they will vote for Nancy

As I thought, your a drivebyimbecile.i gave it a shot though.

You didn't read a word I said:rolleyes:

google and a curious mind with a modicum of serious neutral interest would reveal senate rules and history. Your one line statement as to '400' filibusters is grossly inaccurate, mischaracterized and to 'pat'.

google and a curious mind with a modicum of serious neutral interest would reveal senate rules and history. Your one line statement as to '400' filibusters is grossly inaccurate, mischaracterized and to 'pat'.

You can rest assured I don't listen to or read the Limbaugh juvenile pap ... who would?

Right Wing posters can rest comfortably with the knowledge that the Moderators see how we are upsetting their Limbaugh-think daily regimen of bashing Obama, and continually send us to the RR or BL for our Liberal ways!

Oh my my ...

:(

You can rest assured I don't listen to or read the Limbaugh juvenile pap ... who would?

why is it every buffoon who doesn't know his ass from his elbow trots out rush limbaugh as if it means anything at all?

whatever pap you listen to is making you look stupider by the post, keep digging:rolleyes:

What plans has Obama offered that the House Speaker has refused to allow a vote on?

Forum List

Back