Obama Hikes Post-Presidency Payments

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
When was the last time you got an 18 percent raise? When was the last time you were the one putting your raise into a budget? Those on Social Security get squat of a COLA. Not so much for those on Welfare. Funny how SS funding is always an issue, yet welfare no one asks.

In his budget requests for fiscal years 2016 and 2017, Obama proposed hikes in the appropriations for expenditures of former presidents, according to a report from the Congressional Research Service published Wednesday.

The report, which discusses the pensions and other federal benefits offered to former commanders-in-chief by way of the Former Presidents Act, specifies that Obama’s 2017 budget proposes a nearly 18 percent hike in appropriations for expenditures of former presidents. He successfully requested an increase in such appropriations for fiscal year 2016.

that man and his family has HOSED us taxpayers down. for we won't know the COST for them to move on up to the east side and during what they called, the worst recession since the Great Depression. it's just sickening. they are going to Squeeze us for every last drop of blood they can.

I think we have paid back all the reparations for slavery blacks have demanded with this treasonous family.

I think we have paid back all the reparations for slavery blacks have demanded with this treasonous family.

WE, shouldn't have to pay reparations for the democrat war and slavery. My ancestors already paid to end the democrat slavery, at least, the type practiced in 1860.

WE, shouldn't have to pay reparations for the democrat war and slavery. My ancestors already paid to end the democrat slavery, at least, the type practiced in 1860.
I agree so I say with all the failures that Obama is behind and we paid him to do it. Even giving him a healthy raise to boot. The next time reparations are brought up. I would just say Obama got yo money bitch!

When was the last time you got an 18 percent raise? When was the last time you were the one putting your raise into a budget? Those on Social Security get squat of a COLA. Not so much for those on Welfare. Funny how SS funding is always an issue, yet welfare no one asks.

In his budget requests for fiscal years 2016 and 2017, Obama proposed hikes in the appropriations for expenditures of former presidents, according to a report from the Congressional Research Service published Wednesday.

The report, which discusses the pensions and other federal benefits offered to former commanders-in-chief by way of the Former Presidents Act, specifies that Obama’s 2017 budget proposes a nearly 18 percent hike in appropriations for expenditures of former presidents. He successfully requested an increase in such appropriations for fiscal year 2016.
What do the appropriations pay for?

Security?
presidential records?

When was the last time you got an 18 percent raise?

I fail to see anybody getting such an increase according to the article. It says they'll be an 18 percent over-all increase but then the number of living ex-presidents will increase by 25 percent.

Security?
presidential records?

Apparently it includes most everything, except maybe security;

upload_2016-3-20_11-29-24.png

That is page 5 of the report, which is actually some interesting reading.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34631_20160316.pdf

Security?
presidential records?

View attachment 68235

Looks mostly office and staff expenses
Pension only went up $2000 a year only a 1% increase

I am not outraged

Security?
presidential records?

View attachment 68235

I am not outraged

you're not outraged because you worship politicians. With all the money Obozo will make from his memoirs and speaking fees why should the taxpayers have to pay more money for his office expenses?

When was the last time you got an 18 percent raise?

I fail to see anybody getting such an increase according to the article. It says they'll be an 18 percent over-all increase but then the number of living ex-presidents will increase by 25 percent.

Go to the report and read it, then maybe the article might make sense.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34631_20160316.pdf.

The report backs the assertion that we're talking about an OVERALL increase in expenditures for when Obama leaves office.

Security?
presidential records?

View attachment 68235

I am not outraged

you're not outraged because you worship politicians. With all the money Obozo will make from his memoirs and speaking fees why should the taxpayers have to pay more money for his office expenses?

They make a $200k a year pension. The rest is staff and security

We only have five ex presidents......considering the scope of the job, it is a small expenditure

I really don't know what the office staff does, but I imagine there is still official correspondence, memoirs, appearing at official functions, records keeping

Much ado about nothing

Security?
presidential records?

View attachment 68235

I am not outraged

You were not being outraged, that is a given.

upload_2016-3-20_11-41-33.png

Security?
presidential records?

View attachment 68235

I am not outraged

They make a $200k a year pension. The rest is staff and security

We only have five ex presidents......considering the scope of the job, it is a small expenditure

I really don't know what the office staff does, but I imagine there is still official correspondence, memoirs, appearing at official functions, records keeping

Much ado about nothing

It's an outrage that they are on the government dole considering how wealthy they become when they leave office. The only thing I can understand subsidizing is secret service protection, everything else like travel and office expenses they should pay for their damn selves.

Forum List

Back