Obama hunting: is it a violent image?

Can you get me the Murtha quote?

Here is one of his quotes found on Wikepedia ( I know you trust wikepedia, thus why I went there)

"It's much worse than reported in Time magazine. There was no fire fight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood. And that's what the report is going to tell."

And, of course, the report showed otherwise. He had absolutely NOTHING to base such an accusation on. He was not there and he had no other information to base his comment on, other than what Time reported.

Link

John Murtha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On December 21, 2006, the US military charged Wuterich with 12 counts of unpremeditated murder against individuals and one count of the murder of six people "while engaged in an act inherently dangerous to others."[45] Charges were subsequently dropped against seven of the eight Marines involved: Capt. Lucas McConnell,[46] Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani,[47] Sgt. Sanick Dela Cruz,[48] Lance Corporal Stephen Tatum,[49] Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt, Capt. Randy Stone, and 1st Lt. Andrew Grayson. Only Sergeant Frank Wuterich is still facing trial on 9 counts of involuntary manslaughter.[50

Why did you claim there was nothing to the statement?

This man is on trial for the murders.

Last edited:
Why does it seem that GOP politicians like to joke about killing people????

It's already been brought up.....but the dems did the same thing with Bush. Mind telling everyone what the difference is?

I don't recall a single Dem politician or candidate telling jokes about killing Bush. Do you?

Dude, he's a vet, and an elk rancher, he can say what he wants even as lame as he is, he's not a politician. He isn't going to be a politician. Do you really know what every candidate has said that was liberal?

It's already been brought up.....but the dems did the same thing with Bush. Mind telling everyone what the difference is?

I don't recall a single Dem politician or candidate telling jokes about killing Bush. Do you?

Dude, he's a vet, and an elk rancher, he can say what he wants even as lame as he is, he's not a politician. He isn't going to be a politician. Do you really know what every candidate has said that was liberal?

Why is the republican party letting him use their unbrella?

They dont have to you know?

On December 21, 2006, the US military charged Wuterich with 12 counts of unpremeditated murder against individuals and one count of the murder of six people "while engaged in an act inherently dangerous to others."[45] Charges were subsequently dropped against seven of the eight Marines involved: Capt. Lucas McConnell,[46] Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani,[47] Sgt. Sanick Dela Cruz,[48] Lance Corporal Stephen Tatum,[49] Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt, Capt. Randy Stone, and 1st Lt. Andrew Grayson. Only Sergeant Frank Wuterich is still facing trial on 9 counts of involuntary manslaughter.[50

Why did you claim there was nothing to the statement?

This man is on trial for the murders.

He was referring to all eight, seven were proven to not at all have done it and one is ON TRIAL.

Innocent before proven guilty.

Sorry Truthmatters, you are too partisan for me to debate anymore. I can not debate someone who sees things only one way.

Thanks.

Murtha was right and these people were killed.

Murtha was a vet himself and you smear his honor for political purposes.

How very sad.

Murtha left the Marines in 1955. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in the Vietnam War, serving from 1966 to 1967, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Valor device, two Purple Hearts, and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a Colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.

Didn't your very own link, state that the Republican Party spoke out against the "joke"?

Yes, yes, of course it did. Here it is right here:

Rex Rammell, Idaho GOPer, Jokes About Hunting Obama

His comments were universally condemned by fellow Idaho Republicans. "Rex Rammell's comments are in very poor taste and should not have been said," said Sen. Mike Crapo. "I disgree often with the President and his policies. But the comment was totally unacceptable and should not have been made," said Sen. Mike Risch. Rep. Mike Simpson and former Idaho Gov. Phil Batt also offered harsh rebukes.

By the way, that came from the link you posted in post #2.

Immie

Murtha was right and these people were killed.

Murtha was a vet himself and you smear his honor for political purposes.

How very sad.

Also can be said:

Murtha was a vet himself and he should have known better but he digressed and smeared the names of those that protect our land for political purposes.

How very sad.

He was right ,those people were murdered and a soldier iss on trial for their deaths.

Why do you pretend that is not true?

Murtha sacraficed for this country time and time again and you smear hthis dead mans honor for political purposes, why would you do that?

Didn't your very own link, state that the Republican Party spoke out against the "joke"?

His comments were universally condemned by fellow Idaho Republicans. "Rex Rammell's comments are in very poor taste and should not have been said," said Sen. Mike Crapo. "I disgree often with the President and his policies. But the comment was totally unacceptable and should not have been made," said Sen. Mike Risch. Rep. Mike Simpson and former Idaho Gov. Phil Batt also offered harsh rebukes.

Immie

And they will allow him to use the republican name to run for office after threating to kill our president.

The Left whining about this stuff really is pretty hilarious. How many times did they actually call for the deaths of George Bush,Dick Cheney,and Donald Rumsfeld the previous eight years? Man i can't even repeat the awful stuff deranged Leftists used to screech when the other side was in power. They even made a movie depicting the assassination of George Bush. My God,could you imagine the reaction from the Leftist Loons if someone made a movie depicting the assassination of one of their beloved Democrats? This stuff is just more feigned outrage coming from phony Democrats. I'm not buying it and neither are most common sense thinking people. Most of us haven't forgotten the horrifying Leftist behavior the previous eight years.

Immie

And they will allow him to use the republican name to run for office after threating to kill our president.

Oh really?

He ran as an independent for the 2008 Senatorial election.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2010/03/idaho-republican-rex-rammell-governor-election-miltia

Rammell's extreme views haven’t always endeared him to his fellow Republicans. He ran for Senate as an independent in 2008 and only managed to get 5.4 percent of the vote. Since he launched his primary campaign for the governor's seat, the state GOP hasn't rushed to embrace him. And after he refused to apologize for his joke about hunting Obama last year, he came under heavy criticism from state and national Republican leaders, as well as the Mormon church.

Again: from your own link. How do you know that they will allow him to run in the future as a Republican? And even if they do, do you not believe in the concept of forgiveness? Oh, wait, you would never forgive a conservative!

Also, I am unaware that a party can deny you the right to run under its "banner" except for by not voting for you.

Immie

Last edited:
The Left whining about this stuff really is pretty hilarious. How many times did they actually call for the deaths of George Bush,Dick Cheney,and Donald Rumsfeld the previous eight years? Man i can't even repeat the awful stuff deranged Leftists used to screech when the other side was in power. They even made a movie depicting the assassination of George Bush. My God,could you imagine the reaction from the Leftist Loons if someone made a movie depicting the assassination of one of their beloved Democrats? This stuff is just more feigned outrage coming from phony Democrats. I'm not buying it and neither are most common sense thinking people. Most of us haven't forgotten the horrifying Leftist behavior the previous eight years.
But that's different because
Boooooooooooooooosh

Probably because he's a registered republican, Truth. He may run as a republican, but you or I have a better chance than he to get the nomination.

The Leftist Loons are still assuming that everyone forgot about their horrifying behavior when the other side was in power. Death threats were routine for those screeching loons yet now they're feigning outrage over this stuff? Seriously,could you imagine someone making a movie depicting the assassination of one of their beloved Democrats? What do you think their reaction would be? So i'm just gonna have to call Bull Chit on this one. I'm not buying it.

1) over the years I have seen the image of Target in terms of goal used over and over by both sides. This is nothing new or extreme.

2) this is not a serious threat where he was promoting the idea of assassination. Bad taste, from my perspective to be sure. But for rural idaho, also within the bounds of normal.

3)Lefties use violent imagery not in terms of goals, but in terms of deliberate violence. It is so routine as to vanish into normative. You spend any time at all reading transcripts from Oberman, Maddow, Malloy, when they talk targeting, they aren't talking defeat, they are talking death and then pissing on the grave.

Forum List

Back