Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

2 war, record debt and deficits, potential loss of our AAA credit rating, 10% unemployment and Obama directs his laser-like focus on a Senate primary to help a former Republican.

Because Bill Clinton having a 30 second conversation with Sestak was such a herculean effort.

Meanwhile, the republicans are proposing an entire full-scale investigation into a bullshit charge against the president...

But THAT'S OK, right????

See how big this really is? Obama has involved a former President and the husband of SecState!!

This is a Big Fucking Deal

But they do make it easier for the wilfully blind to read them.

Last edited:
2 war, record debt and deficits, potential loss of our AAA credit rating, 10% unemployment and Obama directs his laser-like focus on a Senate primary to help a former Republican.

It's called keeping a promise. Don't try to understand it.

$Banana.jpg

I can only see two explanations for the way that some Conservatives have been acting towards Obama.

Either they're really naive, and think that every "scandal" they come up with is unique to Obama - that commonplace events are so "outrageous".

Offering the opponent a job is a long-standing political tactic. People have been doing it for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Or they're dishonest.

Yeah, but you had better not be caught with your hand in that cookie jar or you are toast. Chicago politics gone to Washington D.C.

Sestak can't back off of his claim or he will be considered a liar, Washington can't come clean because they are in on it and if it came from Obama it is an impeachable offense. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

I can only see two explanations for the way that some Conservatives have been acting towards Obama.

Either they're really naive, and think that every "scandal" they come up with is unique to Obama - that commonplace events are so "outrageous".

Offering the opponent a job is a long-standing political tactic. People have been doing it for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Or they're dishonest.

Yeah, but you had better not be caught with your hand in that cookie jar or you are toast. Chicago politics gone to Washington D.C.

Sestak can't back off of his claim or he will be considered a liar, Washington can't come clean because they are in on it and if it came from Obama it is an impeachable offense. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

What is astounding is that you wackofundis think you know how others think. That is impossible. You base your thought proccess on myths and fantasys. The progressives are more grounded in reality.

This is ONLY A BIG DEAL with those that want to destroy Obama. That's it..that's all it is and it is transparent to everyone but the little handfull of you.

Because Bill Clinton having a 30 second conversation with Sestak was such a herculean effort.

Meanwhile, the republicans are proposing an entire full-scale investigation into a bullshit charge against the president...

But THAT'S OK, right????

Whats coming starting this November Jerome????

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-3.jpg

Can you imagine if Reagan was asked by one of the Bushs to offer a bribe to a Congressman to drop out of a primary?

And don't forget raising money for Babs Boxer and going to a Paul McCartney concert. Those are big priorities too!

Alright, you got me with the Boxer thing. That was unnecessary.

Though, the Paul McCartney concert was just relaxation time. Even the president needs that. It's not like he went on a 6-week vacation to his Texas ranch. :razz:

But I bet if he had a Texas ranch, he'd be there alot too

And don't forget raising money for Babs Boxer and going to a Paul McCartney concert. Those are big priorities too!

Though, the Paul McCartney concert was just relaxation time. Even the president needs that. It's not like he went on a 6-week vacation to his Texas ranch. :razz:

Maybe..but it is a pig farm....not exactly the same thing now is it?

Turns out right-wingers have once again been led on a wild goose chase:

From the Hatch Act:

SEC. 3. It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to promise any employment, position, work, compensation, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, to give consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in any election.

Since the position offered, which was an advisory position on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, was not in fact "made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress" (the IAB was created by presidential executive order during the Ford administration), no law has been broken.

In addition, section 9, which would be the other applicable section contains an exception for the President himself and his cabinet. To wit:

SEC. 9. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person employed in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, to use his official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering ;with an election or affecting the result thereof. No officer or employee in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, shall take any active part in political management or in political campaigns. All such persons shall retain the right to vote as they may choose and to express their opinions on all political subjects. For the purposes of this section the term "officer" or "employee" shall not be construe to include (1) the President and the Vice Presdent of the United States; (2) persons whose compensation is paid from the appropriation for the office of the President;

Check and mate.

AS I had thought....yes, check mate.

Maybe..but it is a pig farm....not exactly the same thing now is it?

There's an awful lot of pork in DC these days....so you could be right.

Can you imagine if Reagan was asked by one of the Bushs to offer a bribe to a Congressman to drop out of a primary?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-sen-s-i-hayakawa-a-administration-post.html

Oh--it's got to be very tough--for liberals defending this---:lol::lol:

In response to your accusation that Reagan did the same thing---:lol::lol::lol:

Similarly, Hayakawa said in a statement, "I have not contacted the White House in regard to any administration or ambassadorial post, and they have not been in contact with me."

Next time--try reading the ENTIRE article--:lol::lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-sen-s-i-hayakawa-a-administration-post.html

Oh--it's got to be very tough--for liberals defending this---:lol::lol:

In response to your accusation that Reagan did the same thing---:lol::lol::lol:

Similarly, Hayakawa said in a statement, "I have not contacted the White House in regard to any administration or ambassadorial post, and they have not been in contact with me."

Next time--try reading the ENTIRE article--:lol::lol:

Bingo - I nailed Doggie The Bubble Mod with this same quote when he tried to raise the moral equivalency defense.

Turns out right-wingers have once again been led on a wild goose chase:

From the Hatch Act:

SEC. 3. It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to promise any employment, position, work, compensation, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, to give consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in any election.

Since the position offered, which was an advisory position on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, was not in fact "made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress" (the IAB was created by presidential executive order during the Ford administration), no law has been broken.

In addition, section 9, which would be the other applicable section contains an exception for the President himself and his cabinet. To wit:

SEC. 9. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person employed in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, to use his official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering ;with an election or affecting the result thereof. No officer or employee in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, shall take any active part in political management or in political campaigns. All such persons shall retain the right to vote as they may choose and to express their opinions on all political subjects. For the purposes of this section the term "officer" or "employee" shall not be construe to include (1) the President and the Vice Presdent of the United States; (2) persons whose compensation is paid from the appropriation for the office of the President;

Check and mate.

Not exactly check or mate. That's a very easy thing to say after the nature of the offer has been stated. No one had this little piece of the puzzle, so to speak, before today. You write that as if you knew it all along. You didn't.

That Gibbs could easily have said it was an advisory position weeks ago - but didn't, or wouldn't, or maybe couldn't for some still inexplicable reason, still calls into question this WH's claims to transparency and is an example of very poor political direction.

It looks like they dodged this one, but it should never have gone this far.

Forum List

Back