Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

No doubt a lot of dirty stuff is going on in this administration. This scandal certainly warrants a Special Prosecutor be appointed. I can't believe this hasn't happened yet. If he were a Republican President,i'm pretty sure these Hopey Changey nutters would be screeching for this. Instead they're all desperately trying to spin things for this President. If the Democrats refuse to appoint a Special Prosecutor,the Republicans will have to regain some power in Congress by way of coming Elections. They can then begin to investigate this scandal properly. I'm afraid nothing will be investigated until the Republicans do regain some power in Congress. It is what it is. Make 2010 count people.

Why would something that breaks no law require a "special prosecutor" to be appointed?

That's not a judgement your qualified to make now is it?

Last edited:
Wow...sucks to be you I guess....but don't let anyone else in on that.:lol:

Not me, luckily. :eek:

Judges jailed for taking bribes from private juvie prisons to send kids to jail - Boing Boing

Two senior Pennsylvania judges have been sentenced to seven years in prison for taking bribes from juvenile detention centers -- in exchange for the bribes, the judges turned in guilty verdicts for the teens who appeared before them and sent them to juvie, thus enriching the operators of the kiddy gulag. For this, the judges received $2.6 million in kickbacks.

One teen was given a 90-day sentence for having parodied a school administrator online. Such unwarranted detentions left "both children and parents feeling bewildered, violated and traumatized," center lawyers said.

Sestak's comments may be hearsay, but they are evidence - and admissible.

Ironic that many of the administration's defenders have said in this thread, very cynically, that the suspected bribery is nothing more than politics as usual.

Doesn't make it right.

Like I said previously, the Hatch Act exempts the POTUS and VPOTUS. So if Obama did this, then he's not going anywhere. Though I'm sure the GOP will start up another investigation if they gain the house in November. Maybe they can come up with a little more this time when they spend $70 million dollars of taxpayer money.

Not from the title 18 laws that had been posted before today. The pres has no license to bribe.

Not from the title 18 laws that had been posted before today. The pres has no license to bribe.

From what I saw from Vast, it says otherwise. Like I said previously, it's all speculation. Reagan did something similar as well. So this is nothing brand new, but it also doesn't make it right if it did occur. Also like I previously, the POTUS is going to see just how much muscle he has in his own party.

Though I'm also of the opinion that those in Congress should wear those jumpsuits in session like they do in Nascar with the Cars so we can see just who exactly is "sponsoring" them.

I guess the liberals need to change their sayings from the 60's when questioning your government was "cool".

"Question REPUBLICANS only...DEMOCRATS can do no wrong."

"Only trust Democrats...they are the only innocent among us."

From what I saw from Vast, it says otherwise. Like I said previously, it's all speculation. Reagan did something similar as well. So this is nothing brand new, but it also doesn't make it right if it did occur. Also like I previously, the POTUS is going to see just how much muscle he has in his own party.

Though I'm also of the opinion that those in Congress should wear those jumpsuits in session like they do in Nascar with the Cars so we can see just who exactly is "sponsoring" them.

I say get all persons involved before a panel and ask them some questions...what harm coud come from that? As I previously stated if Obama, Sestak, Specter and now apparently Clinton all come clean I will support any conclusion arrived at. It is the FAIR and proper thing to do.

I say get all persons involved before a panel and ask them some questions...what harm coud come from that? As I previously stated if Obama, Sestak, Specter and now apparently Clinton all come clean I will support any conclusion arrived at. It is the FAIR and proper thing to do.

I'd like to ask Sestak if Clinton was the only one he spoke to regarding this. Everything said today could be perfectly true - but incomplete.

I'm with you. If he says Clinton was the only one, and no other offer was made, and no conditions given, then I'll put this one away and wait for the next one.

And it will be a short wait, I'm sure.

I guess the liberals need to change their sayings from the 60's when questioning your government was "cool".

"Question REPUBLICANS only...DEMOCRATS can do no wrong."

"Only trust Democrats...they are the only innocent among us."

Not really. Liberals don't trust the Democrats, or least they shouldn't. Democrats haven't lived up to half the promises they made to Liberals, and Obama is certainly lacking in that department too.

If it's anything like the 9/11 Panel, would be a waste of time. I don't mind them being asked questions though. However, I can understand and respect why they all lawyered up however. I know if I was certainly accused of anything, I'd lawyer up before talking to any sort of authority. That's if I was innocent or guilty mind you.

If it's anything like the 9/11 Panel, would be a waste of time. I don't mind them being asked questions though. However, I can understand and respect why they all lawyered up however. I know if I was certainly accused of anything, I'd lawyer up before talking to any sort of authority. That's if I was innocent or guilty mind you.

Lawyering up is fine....I just want the whole story out so we can move on.

Indeed. It will come out eventually. However, I don't get why people think Obama is just going to come out and start spilling details. This is a sensitive issue, with serious legal implications. Anything they say, even if they miss one detail, could hurt their credibility entirely. Or even phrasing something the wrong way.

Like I said before though, I'm pretty sure Obama and especially Clinton wouldn't do anything without first making sure it's legal. I doubt both men who would want to ruin their legacies (or Clinton further if you want to try and make the argument) or even Obama losing his presidency over a single seat. It's insanity.

Indeed. It will come out eventually. However, I don't get why people think Obama is just going to come out and start spilling details. This is a sensitive issue, with serious legal implications. Anything they say, even if they miss one detail, could hurt their credibility entirely. Or even phrasing something the wrong way.

Like I said before though, I'm pretty sure Obama and especially Clinton wouldn't do anything without first making sure it's legal. I doubt both men who would want to ruin their legacies (or Clinton further if you want to try and make the argument) or even Obama losing his presidency over a single seat. It's insanity.

I agree....but you cannot dispell the fact that there may be others around him with aspirations of power. A lot of local, city political practices are legal even though they may seem inappropriate...when you bring that to the halls of Congress and then the WH...that's where the problem is....that's why there are laws in place to prevent such things from happening....something that VLWC doesn't seem to grasp with his flawed interpretation of his cited statutes and Democratic Underground spin he's put on it.

I agree....but you cannot dispell the fact that there may be others around him with aspirations of power. A lot of local, city political practices are legal even though they may seem inappropriate...when you bring that to the halls of Congress and then the WH...that's where the problem is....that's why there are laws in place to prevent such things from happening....something that VLWC doesn't seem to grasp with his flawed interpretation of his cited statutes and Democratic Underground spin he's put on it.

The only person around Obama who I would think would go through with such a thing would be Rahm. I have a feeling if he did do it, he may of done it by himself at that. That's only because of what I read about Rahm, not that I'm saying he did it. Like I said, it's all speculation. I just don't think Obama is going to risk his entire Presidency over a single seat. It just makes no sense on any level. No amount of arrogance can make one think that's a good idea.

The only person around Obama who I would think would go through with such a thing would be Rahm. I have a feeling if he did do it, he may of done it by himself at that. That's only because of what I read about Rahm, not that I'm saying he did it. Like I said, it's all speculation. I just don't think Obama is going to risk his entire Presidency over a single seat. It just makes no sense on any level. No amount of arrogance can make one think that's a good idea.

I agree....but if he did do it I don't think getting Bill Clinton to fall on his sword to protect him is a good thing...sooner or later it will all come out and his legacy will be ruined for all time....and for the record...I never get a good feeling when I see or hear Emmanuel talk...there's just something about that guy that makes me think "untrustworthy". I wouldn't be surprised to see that guy gone in a short while.

I agree....but if he did do it I don't think getting Bill Clinton to fall on his sword to protect him is a good thing...sooner or later it will all come out and his legacy will be ruined for all time....and for the record...I never get a good feeling when I see or hear Emmanuel talk...there's just something about that guy that makes me think "untrustworthy". I wouldn't be surprised to see that guy gone in a short while.

We'll all probably be long dead before it all comes out if he did do something wrong.

Rahm can be a scary guy, and he certainly is imitating. Whether you like him or not, he is definitely someone you'd want on your team.

How fcukking funny is this thread????

Page after page of posts by the k00ks stating "This is a non-story!!!"............yet the thread is already almost 700 posts long in just about 4 days!!! LMBO............

Look.........Obama isnt going to lose his presidency over this, just like there was 0% chance of Bush getting impeached over Iraq. I'll tell you what though...........its some real smelly doo-doo with significant political fallout. How do we define "significant"? Its the impact on the voters not particularly tied to Obama in any way.........those who pulled the lever thinking they were getting this new politician who was going to break the Washington mold. The few million who make up that between 40% and 50% approval number we see in polls.

See............thats one thing the internet OCD k00ks with 10K posts never get. In 2008, people didnt vote for liberal public policy..........they voted for a complete change in the political landscape. They have no real ideology and are typically easily bamboozled with rhetoric BUT are also not enamoured with intolerable levels of phoney. And thats what you're getting here over time with Obama.........the fake/phoney/fraud factor keeps rising in minds of these voters. Its a cummulative thing.........they see a "meh" attitude about jobs from this president..........they see a "meh" attitude on this oil spill thing ( and reports of 5 hours of golfing etc)...........they see a "meh" attitude about the deficit, and thus, the future of our children.........they see a devisive president on issues of race............they see a guy wanting to be in the public spotlight every single day ( "When the fcukk does this guy work?")........they see a "meh" atttitude on the campaign promise of transparency..............

Its a cummulative effect that will eventually take this presidency down...............and it will be taken down by that 10% of voters who are no longer impressed with smooth because now there is phoney affixed to the smooth. Remember the days a few years ago when the social dynamic was to jump on the hate Bush bandwagon or look like a dummy?

That some dynamic is officially here s0ns.............because lets face it, if you are a voiciferous supporter of Obama these days, you look like somebody who is beyond gone!!!

This week, at least 50% of the country had this attitude.......................

cocky1.jpg

Last edited:
ps.........for anybody on this forum trying to guage the real political significance of this Sestak thing, all you have to do is look at the level of hysterical coming from the hyperpartisan left on here.........they are obviously falling all over themselves trying to marginalize this, but jsut look at the # of posts on this thread. HUNDREDS!!!

Its skid marks in the shorts territory for sure because for the left, they see this whole gig falling apart right before their eyes and its a tough thing to swallow, particualrly in such a short time since the liberal nirvana in November of 2008. Who can believe that was just 15 months ago??!!!

The mood amongst the left these days sitting and blogging at their computers 18 hours a day???

Here ya go...........its a healthy dose of F-Bombs...................

hissyfit-300x296.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back