Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

If in fact Clinton was used to make overtures to Sestak, it only reinforces just how much "All-In" as it were, that the Obama White House was trying to manipulate the election outcome.

Rahm was right in the thick of it - and therefore, must have been acting with the express consent of the president.

If Rahm was not acting under the direction of the president, we then have a White House acting out of its own individuals motivations, and the president reduced to a mere teleprompted voice over.

So which is it?

It makes the situation look worse. They used Bubbah to negotiate getting hostages released from North Korea. He's a big gun. His involvement makes this look like the White House thought it was a Big Deal.

The Obama White House has added a new excuse to its repertoire. In addition to "It's Bush's Fault", they now have "Bubbah Did It".

The buzz this am is that the Rahm asked Bill Clinton to talk to Sestak:

Senior White House advisers asked former President Bill Clinton to talk to Joe Sestak about whether he was serious about running for Senate, and to feel out whether he'd be open to other alternatives, according to sources familiar with the situation.

But the White House maintains that the Clinton-Sestak discussions were informal, according to the sources. The White House, under pressure to divulge the specifics of its interactions with Sestak, will release a formal statement later today outlining their version of events, including Clinton's involvement.

According to the sources, White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel asked Clinton and his longtime adviser, lawyer Doug Band, to talk to Sestak about the race. It's unclear right now whether the White House will say that Clinton was asked to suggest specific administration positions for Sestak, whether Clinton floated positions on his own, whether Clinton discussed other options not related to the adminstration, or whether employment even came up at all in the talks.

But the news that Clinton is at the center of this whole story is noteworthy on its own because of the former president's stature, and underscores how heavily invested the White House was in dissuading Sestak from running. The White House sent Clinton to talk to Sestak because Arlen Specter, constituting the 60th Dem vote in the Senate, was viewed as key to enacting Obama's agenda....

The Plum Line - EXCLUSIVE: White House asked Clinton to talk to Sestak about Senate run

I'm sure that barry knew nothing of the shenanigans that rahm was up to. :lol:Can anyone say, "legally corrupt"? I still think this will end up a media nightmare for barry and his band of thugs.

Peggy Noonan has a scathing column in the WSJ today where the money shot is "he was supposed to be competent".

This situation as well as the oil spill, ObamaCare, disdain towards the Tea Parties, and the tin ear on immigration reform all have one thing in common: it's not about actually getting the job done, it's all about the political image.

The only thing for which Obama demonstrated competency during the campaign was in campaigning (something many of us pointed out as a reason not to vote for him - he had no experience demonstrating competency in an executive position).

The Obama White House has added a new excuse to its repertoire. In addition to "It's Bush's Fault", they now have "Bubbah Did It".

Senior White House advisers asked former President Bill Clinton to talk to Joe Sestak about whether he was serious about running for Senate, and to feel out whether he'd be open to other alternatives, according to sources familiar with the situation.

But the White House maintains that the Clinton-Sestak discussions were informal, according to the sources. The White House, under pressure to divulge the specifics of its interactions with Sestak, will release a formal statement later today outlining their version of events, including Clinton's involvement.

According to the sources, White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel asked Clinton and his longtime adviser, lawyer Doug Band, to talk to Sestak about the race. It's unclear right now whether the White House will say that Clinton was asked to suggest specific administration positions for Sestak, whether Clinton floated positions on his own, whether Clinton discussed other options not related to the adminstration, or whether employment even came up at all in the talks.

But the news that Clinton is at the center of this whole story is noteworthy on its own because of the former president's stature, and underscores how heavily invested the White House was in dissuading Sestak from running. The White House sent Clinton to talk to Sestak because Arlen Specter, constituting the 60th Dem vote in the Senate, was viewed as key to enacting Obama's agenda....

The Plum Line - EXCLUSIVE: White House asked Clinton to talk to Sestak about Senate run

I'm sure that barry knew nothing of the shenanigans that rahm was up to. :lol:Can anyone say, "legally corrupt"? I still think this will end up a media nightmare for barry and his band of thugs.

if it is just as this article clip says happened between clinton and sestak....nothing illegal happened. Asking sestak if he was sure he was going to run...MEANS sestak HAD NOT entered the senatorial race yet for one, and IS NOT in any way, what is being said on the Conservative bogs and in this thread op....which is; sestak was ASKED TO DROP OUT of his senatorial race by obama....

it is NOT illegal for obama to offer a job to him, and it is not illegal to ask this very qualified man if he was certain on entering the senatorial race....

do you agree or disagree on that meister? :)

if you disagree, please show what law was broken, (if u have the time...i realize you could be at work)???

care

Peggy Noonan has a scathing column in the WSJ today where the money shot is "he was supposed to be competent".

This situation as well as the oil spill, ObamaCare, disdain towards the Tea Parties, and the tin ear on immigration reform all have one thing in common: it's not about actually getting the job done, it's all about the political image.

The only thing for which Obama demonstrated competency during the campaign was in campaigning (something many of us pointed out as a reason not to vote for him - he had no experience demonstrating competency in an executive position).

I worked my butt off trying to get people to see that, but they were mesmerized. :cuckoo:

if it is just as this article clip says happened between clinton and sestak....nothing illegal happened. Asking sestak if he was sure he was going to run...MEANS sestak HAD NOT entered the senatorial race yet for one, and IS NOT in any way, what is being said on the Conservative bogs and in this thread op....which is; sestak was ASKED TO DROP OUT of his senatorial race by obama....

it is NOT illegal for obama to offer a job to him, and it is not illegal to ask this very qualified man if he was certain on entering the senatorial race....

do you agree or disagree on that meister? :)

if you disagree, please show what law was broken, (if u have the time...i realize you could be at work)???

care

At the end of the day.....Clinton will be the one who asked, and he is not part of barry's administration, Care. But, please note the wording of "legally corrupt" that I did post.
The people will view this as shenanigans (republicans, libertarians, independents, and some borderline democrats) legal, or illegal, who cares. It's the perception of the people that counts, right?

I'm waiting for the "no controlling legal authority" defense card to be played.

I am sure the repubicans will scream foul, but this is lot to do about nothing...He was not offered a paying position and Obama knew nothing about it until until lately.

It is not like he signed agreement to provide arms to a Guerilla group in Central America...:lol:

Oh the court of public opinion. I have to find it hilarious that so many of you come into this thread acting like you're unbiased and walking in with guilty verdicts with absolutely no concrete evidence.

This will just be another so called smoking gun that's filled with blanks.

At the end of the day.....Clinton will be the one who asked, and he is not part of barry's administration, Care. But, please note the wording of "legally corrupt" that I did post.
The people will view this as shenanigans (republicans, libertarians, independents, and some borderline democrats) legal, or illegal, who cares. It's the perception of the people that counts, right?

Actually It's more dependent on the perception of the MSM. Just saw a slew of reporters following Sestak to the house chamber which he said he had to rush to for a vote. Most of those reporters were female, and female reporters are IMO much more tenacious than the male of the breed.

This doesn’t pass the smell test: Now after months we learn that President Clinton was asked to “reach out” to Sestak to him to “remain a congressman” and not “attempt to become a senator” by offering to appoint him to a “non paying” advisory board appointive position.

President Obama and Former Pres. Clinton met yesterday before the president’s first “presser” in 10-months, to come up with a scenario that would meet “plausible deniability”

It only need be plausible to the MSM, and they will take care of the plausibility. To me it is not plausible that a congressman running for a senate seat would bow out of a higher level run for office for an honorarium.

A Grand Jury ought to be asking questions of Sestak right now before tracks are covered.

Last edited:
A POTUS cannot offer up anything considered of "value"--(not considered bribe for money)--the value is more broad in circumstance--therefore a cabinet position--for a back room political pay-off. That is considered a FEDERAL OFFENSE.

The problem is now--Sestak--since he has admitted it--will eventually have to name the person who offered it, what position was offered--the date it was offered--etc. etc.

The lid on the "can of worms" has just been opened. Now the digging starts.

Obama didn't offer anything did he? And what was the quid pro quo supposedly offered by an unnamed person?

sniff, snififf, hunting with a dead dawg.

I smell desperation and mental illness

I guess you were born Yesterday!

And then there is the interesting timeline. Bubbah and Obama had lunch together yesterday, creating an appearance of "getting their stories straight".

Heh.

Turns out right-wingers have once again been led on a wild goose chase:

From the Hatch Act:

SEC. 3. It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to promise any employment, position, work, compensation, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, to give consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in any election.

Since the position offered, which was an advisory position on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, was not in fact "made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress" (the IAB was created by presidential executive order during the Ford administration), no law has been broken.

In addition, section 9, which would be the other applicable section contains an exception for the President himself and his cabinet. To wit:

SEC. 9. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person employed in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, to use his official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering ;with an election or affecting the result thereof. No officer or employee in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, shall take any active part in political management or in political campaigns. All such persons shall retain the right to vote as they may choose and to express their opinions on all political subjects. For the purposes of this section the term "officer" or "employee" shall not be construe to include (1) the President and the Vice Presdent of the United States; (2) persons whose compensation is paid from the appropriation for the office of the President;

Check and mate.

Last edited:
Slick Willy Clinton involved? Wow what a shocker there. The Clintons are the most corrupt cretins in this country. I'm definitely not surprised Slick Willy was involved with this scandal. Nice "Hope & Change." What a sad scam.

Slick Willy Clinton involved? Wow what a shocker there. The Clintons are the most corrupt cretins in this country. I'm definitely not surprised Slick Willy was involved with this scandal. Nice "Hope & Change." What a sad scam.

There is no "scandal", as per my last post.

You fools have been led on yet another merry wild goose chase.

LOL.

Obama had an opportunity to discuss this directly with the press yesterday. Instead, after lunching with Bubbah, his lawyers release a Friday memo with the trash.

Very telling.

There is no "scandal", as per my last post.

You fools have been led on yet another merry wild goose chase.

LOL.

:lol: Tell that to the MSM, it's not going away, and it certainly does look like political shenanigens. Like I said earlier....it's all about perception

Obama was elected purely on perception. It's his only real asset. One would think he'd be more careful to protect it.

Forum List

Back