Obama just played the race card again...

The real card that was played was the Negative Opportunist card... Macs new Swiftboat friends are learnin him in the ways of winnin... Though this comment was made several times in the past, it was this last one that riled Macs camp.. why was that... seems to me they were lying in wait for Obama to make that comment.

The negative twist in the campaign for the November 4 election was prompted by a McCain television advertisement on Wednesday that called Obama a celebrity akin to star-crossed U.S. personalities Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

In response, Obama said McCain was trying to scare voters away from him by pointing out he has "a funny name, and he doesn't look like all the presidents on the dollar bills and the five dollar bills."

Obama, whose father was Kenyan, would be the first black U.S. president. Only white men, most of them former presidents, are on U.S. paper currency.

"Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck. It's divisive, negative, shameful and wrong," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said in a written statement.
Its it me or was Rick Davis a little too rehearsed, a little too overly dramatic...

Truth is, that is you Mac supporters that are obsessed with race... go back and look who makes posts on race or who brings up race in threads... Obama supporters, Democrats... I think not..

The real card that was played was the Negative Opportunist card... Macs new Swiftboat friends are learnin him in the ways of winnin... Though this comment was made several times in the past, it was this last one that riled Macs camp.. why was that... seems to me they were lying in wait for Obama to make that comment.

Its it me or was Rick Davis a little too rehearsed, a little too overly dramatic...

Truth is, that is you Mac supporters that are obsessed with race... go back and look who makes posts on race or who brings up race in threads... Obama supporters, Democrats... I think not..

Ok can you explain to me what Obama meant by, his looking different than Presidents on the dollar bills?

And why did he ONCE reject his white side? It's because society acknowledged him as a black man, and treated him as a black man, instead of just a man.

Hence why he is a candidate for the President of the United States right? Because society treated him as a black man? Why did he say that whites became one menacing face? Isn't that a stereotype, which is inherently racist?

I don't watch conspiracy theory bs. Post a direct quote from his book. You referenced Obama's words from the book, so cite them. You learned about this process in grade school.

Audio version...more to come
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLX3aRNaNk]YouTube - White Folk's Greed Runs a World In Need[/ame]

I don't watch conspiracy theory bs. Post a direct quote from his book. You referenced Obama's words from the book, so cite them. You learned about this process in grade school.

pg. xv in the introduction of 'Dreams of my Father'.....Obama writes...

"As a result, some people have a hard time taking me at face value. When people who don't know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it usually discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign."

Actual quote from the book....

Last edited:

"As a result, some people have a hard time taking me at face value. When people who don't know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it usually discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myselft to whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign."

More coming....

"As a result, some people have a hard time taking me at face value. When people who don't know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it usually discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myselft to whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign."

Where can I find the introduction in text online? I've been looking for a while with no success.

Where can I find the introduction in text online? I've been looking for a while with no success.

I have only been able to find the snippets that I have posted. 'Dreams from my Father' is a book everyone should read before voting for Obama. It will give you new perspective as to how he might approach policies as President. I am not only referring to the off the cuff racist overtones either. I am referring to his whole life, it really is interesting.

I have only been able to find the snippets that I have posted. 'Dreams from my Father' is a book everyone should read before voting for Obama. It will give you new perspective as to how he might approach policies as President. I am not only referring to the off the cuff racist overtones either. I am referring to his whole life, it really is interesting.

I've actually read parts of it before. Don't remember reading the introduction though. I support him even stronger after reading about his upbringing. He truly seems like a man of integrity. He tells it the ways he sees it. No bullshit. He admits to past racisms of his own, as well as current racist overtones in our society. He doesn't sugarcoat it for us. I honestly cannot remember a politician bold enough to confront the racial inequalities in this nation to the success that Obama has had since he started campaigning. The jesse jackson's, george bush's, al gore's, and hillary clinton's of American politics just polarize our nation.

I've actually read parts of it before. Don't remember reading the introduction though. I support him even stronger after reading about his upbringing. He truly seems like a man of integrity. He tells it the ways he sees it. No bullshit. He admits to past racisms of his own, as well as current racist overtones in our society. He doesn't sugarcoat it for us. I honestly cannot remember a politician bold enough to confront the racial inequalities in this nation to the success that Obama has had since he started campaigning. The jesse jackson's, george bush's, al gore's, and hillary clinton's of American politics just polarize our nation.

I differ in my opinion on Obama's book, I don't think he would have wrote this book if he had realized the scrunity in which it could be construed. I am glad though you do admit that he expressed racist views in his book.

Last edited:
I differ in my opinion on Obama's book, I don't think he would have wrote this book if had realized the scrunity in which it could be construed. I am glad though you do admit that he expressed racist views in his book.

Here is the quote I was looking for....

pg. 124 Ch. 6, 'Dreams from my Father', Obama wrote....

"Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that; menacing, alien and apart."

Here is the quote I was looking for....

pg. 124 Ch. 6, 'Dreams from my Father', Obama wrote....

"Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that; menacing, alien and apart."

Sounds like he had a lot of internal struggling to deal with as a youth. Black dad, White mom. Grew up with mostly white people who viewed him lesser because of his race, regardless of whether he sought out his demons or salvation.

Sounds like he had a lot of internal struggling to deal with as a youth. Black dad, White mom. Grew up with mostly white people who viewed him lesser because of his race, regardless of whether he sought out his demons or salvation.

It's a stereotypical comment, which is inherently racist...

Forum List

Back