Obama, lame duck already?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I remember some of us predicting he would instantly be a lame duck president if reelected. Seems some in the media are now questioning this as well.

What if anything, will obama accomplish of any importance during his second term?

"Show of Hands" - Googles Android daily poll app last night asked "May 2013, do you approve of Obama" - I don't know what it is currently - but last night - 67% -NO.

I remember some of us predicting he would instantly be a lame duck president if reelected. Seems some in the media are now questioning this as well.

What if anything, will obama accomplish of any importance during his second term?

First president since Clinton to suffer a terrorist attack on American soil and do nothing about it.
First president to suffer a double dip recession.
First president to be humiliated by a dictator.
First president to declare martial law since Lincoln.

"Show of Hands" - Googles Android daily poll app last night asked "May 2013, do you approve of Obama" - I don't know what it is currently - but last night - 67% -NO.

What app is that? I love taking polls for fun

It is called "Show of Hands"...when you sign on you give your age/state/political party affiliation/income. (it doesn't know who you are). Each time you vote - it creates a pie chart showing % of each catagory voted which way - as well as a map of the country showing how states voted.

you DO realize that there are mid-terms coming up in '14 for Boehner & the T-party House right? Given that, some of those bums might be kicked-out :)

• Banned
you DO realize that there are mid-terms coming up in '14 for Boehner & the T-party House right? Given that, some of those bums might be kicked-out :)

So you admit to this point he has been a lame duck and you're hoping you take the house to reverse that?

With your dear leaders continued fall in approval ratings, good luck with that.

So you admit to this point he has been a lame duck and you're hoping you take the house to reverse that?

so the Bush tax-increase on the rich IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING the Presidents reelection, was no BFD to you? Is this the latest Fox meme? You people DO realize how long polls are good for right?

Last edited:

What app is that? I love taking polls for fun

It is called "Show of Hands"...when you sign on you give your age/state/political party affiliation/income. (it doesn't know who you are). Each time you vote - it creates a pie chart showing % of each catagory voted which way - as well as a map of the country showing how states voted.

Cool app. I just took the close gitmo poll.

Actually it will be the Democrats kicked. Baucus already announced he wont run.

You Righties better be prepared for the results of the next mid-term elections.

Midterms historically go against the president, you know that right? There is a reason for that: the anti-Obama crowd has a reason to go vote – stopping Obama – where the Obama supporters simply do not. Their man is already in the Whitehouse. Not only that but Obama’s strong support with the young vote is not going to help in a midterm where younger voters rarely vote.

You will likely hold the senate. You are not going to take the house though.

Forum List

Back