Obama moves to save the honey bees, targets pesticides

Yes he is!

Otherwise I am sure you can show at least one post where he has disagreed with any far leftie on this board

yea i will go through all the threads to find one.....he and i have agreed quite a few times....and i am considered an EXTREME rwer by Dottie....and Dean called me a Right Wing Wacko once....cant get better recommendations than those 2...... NO Far Lefty here has ever agreed with me in the Political threads....Plasma has a few times,he aint no far lefty........your problem Kosh is you talk about the FAR Right and Left.....yet you classify ANY Leftie who doesnt see things like you think they should as being Far Left......sorry it dont work like that.....

Yes he is a far leftie and it is not him agreeing with you, it is you agreeing with the far left. And it does work like that, you agree with the far left, they do not agree with you.

He is a far left Obama drone and will always be a far left Obama drone until 2016 when he will vote Clinton and become a far left Clinton drone.

Say something accurate and I will agree with you. Let's try it!

the trouble is Steph.....this aint about Obama .....its about a serious reality ....the Bee population declining....

I understand it is, but all this money and studies isn't going to help if OTHER countries like China, Brazil, etc are still polluting on everyone...AND the fact he thinks we need government in everything in life

so because the third world is behind technologically we should just let the Bees die off?..........the private industries have been working on this for a good decade or more,and its getting worse.....this problem needs everyone coming together.....including Govts who have the clout and infrastructure to stop this...

You see them saving the bees, have at it
birds hey, kill them off

boy the libs are PISSED

how damn funny

this man can claim he's G-d and I believe they will bow

oh wait, he already did...he said he will STOP the seas RISING and HEAL THY PLANET

Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing - YouTube

the trouble is Steph.....this aint about Obama .....its about a serious reality ....the Bee population declining....

It is about Obama:

Obama signs bill that protects makers of genetically engineered crops from federal courts

Obama signs bill that protects makers of genetically engineered crops from federal courts | Fox News

yea well Gun Companies are protected too.....people who develop things should be protected unless they are doing something intentionally to harm people.....food crops have been modified and genetically altered for years and as long as people are starving because of over population and a lack of technology i think it will still be that way for years to come....

I understand it is, but all this money and studies isn't going to help if OTHER countries like China, Brazil, etc are still polluting on everyone...AND the fact he thinks we need government in everything in life

so because the third world is behind technologically we should just let the Bees die off?..........the private industries have been working on this for a good decade or more,and its getting worse.....this problem needs everyone coming together.....including Govts who have the clout and infrastructure to stop this...

birds hey, kill them off

sure thats it.....

birds hey, kill them off

You are really, really smart!

It is about Obama:

Obama signs bill that protects makers of genetically engineered crops from federal courts

Obama signs bill that protects makers of genetically engineered crops from federal courts | Fox News

yea well Gun Companies are protected too.....people who develop things should be protected unless they are doing something intentionally to harm people.....food crops have been modified and genetically altered for years and as long as people are starving because of over population and a lack of technology i think it will still be that way for years to come....

See a far left references in your comments and it does not come close to acknowledging the problem..

So I know you did not read the article..

Just took a political far left pot shot at something and does not want to admit it..

Deepening honey bee crisis creates worry over food supply

(CBS News) Honey bees have been dying in large numbers in recent years, and there's new evidence of a drastic increase in the death rate. Some experts say the latest population drop poses a threat to our nation's food supply.

According to commercial beekeeper James Doan, "A third of all our food is pollinated by honey bees."

Doan makes a living renting out thousands of hives to farmers up and down the East Coast. His bees are part of a crucial lifeblood to U.S. agriculture. Doan said, "I think people just need to really be aware that bees are so important, not just for honey production, but for pollination in the United States."

Bees pollinate the majority of our fruit and vegetable supply: from apples and pears to green beans, pumpkins, and squash. And the list goes on.

But something is killing the bees at an increasingly alarming rate. Doan said, "Every day and you'll look and you'll see 100 to 200 bees dead in front of the hive. Maybe even to the point of 40 to 50,000 bees laying out in the front of the hive, which is not normal."

U.S. Department of Agriculture researchers say early indications suggest this winter will mark the highest death rate they've ever documented, and consumers could eventually feel the effects.

Doan said, "Without them you're gonna have higher prices that you're going to pay for fruits and vegetables. And those higher prices are not going to mean better products."

Bees used to die at a rate of 5 to 10 percent a year. Then, around 2006, that rate more than tripled in a phenomenon known as colony collapse disorder. Now, some beekeepers say they're losing up to 50 percent of their hives.

Many blame a class of pesticide called neonicotinoids, or "neonics." Doan said, "They block the nerve endings of the bee, and so the bee is paralyzed and then what happens is they starve to death, so you see the bee shaking, and it's a very horrific way of dying for a bee."

Doan joined a coalition of beekeepers, environmentalists and consumer groups that recently sued the Environmental Protection Agency for failing to ban these chemicals. The lawsuit claims the "EPA is well aware of recent studies and reports illustrating the risks to honey bees...but has refused to take any regulatory action."

"We're finding these chemicals in the beehives," Doan said. "We know they're there. We're finding them in the bees. So we know they're killing bees."

CBS News

This man is frikken Insane...we have a crisis in the middle east/Iraq, our borders are being INVADED and he'S out to save a fucking bee...and they plan to spend Millions doing it...we are being HOSED by this administration and every damn government agency He is in charge of now it's a, PoLLINATOR HEALTH TASK FORCE...

SNIP:

President Obama on Friday announced plans to save endangered honey bees and other pollinators, for the first time ordering a probe into new types of pesticides that some local governments and 15 European Union nations have restricted or banned.

The long-awaited plan creates a “Pollinator Health Task Force” that has 180 days to come up with a plan to save bees, butterflies and other pollinators. The goal is to rid fields of harmful pesticides while planting food for the bugs, even on military bases an along railroad tracks. Virtually every Cabinet department will be included on the task force.

A key victory for the honey bee industry is Obama’s mention of “neonicotinoids,” a new type of pesticide product that many blame for the shocking loss of bees in the epidemic called “colony collapse disorder.”

In the six-page presidential memo, the White House singled out what it wants the Environmental Protection Agency to do:

“The Environmental Protection Agency shall assess the effect of pesticides, including neonicotinoids, on bee and other pollinator health and take action, as appropriate, to protect pollinators; engage state and tribal environmental, agricultural, and wildlife agencies in the development of state and tribal pollinator protection plans; encourage the incorporation of pollinator protection and habitat planting activities into green infrastructure and Superfund projects; and expedite review of registration applications for new products targeting pests harmful to pollinators.”

Some members of the EU voted last year to restrict the use of pesticides that include neuroactive neonicotinoid chemicals. Three are in use: clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiametoxam.

Pollinators, mostly bees, are responsible for much of what grows on farms.

In a related move, the Agriculture Department said it would spend $8 million to establish new habitats for honey bees in Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

all of it here:
Obama moves to save the honey bees, targets pesticides | WashingtonExaminer.com

Obviously, you have no clue what the loss of the honey bee would mean to us. Its this incredible ignorance that is the root cause of what we're seeing. Stupid [MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION] wil be dead by the time this emergency really hits but if Stupid Steph has kids or grand kids, they will be affected.

Stupid Steph and other Stupid RWs would happily commit suicide if it meant they could hate on Obama.

Idiot RW lemmings.

Deepening honey bee crisis creates worry over food supply

(CBS News) Honey bees have been dying in large numbers in recent years, and there's new evidence of a drastic increase in the death rate. Some experts say the latest population drop poses a threat to our nation's food supply.

According to commercial beekeeper James Doan, "A third of all our food is pollinated by honey bees."

Doan makes a living renting out thousands of hives to farmers up and down the East Coast. His bees are part of a crucial lifeblood to U.S. agriculture. Doan said, "I think people just need to really be aware that bees are so important, not just for honey production, but for pollination in the United States."

Bees pollinate the majority of our fruit and vegetable supply: from apples and pears to green beans, pumpkins, and squash. And the list goes on.

But something is killing the bees at an increasingly alarming rate. Doan said, "Every day and you'll look and you'll see 100 to 200 bees dead in front of the hive. Maybe even to the point of 40 to 50,000 bees laying out in the front of the hive, which is not normal."

U.S. Department of Agriculture researchers say early indications suggest this winter will mark the highest death rate they've ever documented, and consumers could eventually feel the effects.

Doan said, "Without them you're gonna have higher prices that you're going to pay for fruits and vegetables. And those higher prices are not going to mean better products."

Bees used to die at a rate of 5 to 10 percent a year. Then, around 2006, that rate more than tripled in a phenomenon known as colony collapse disorder. Now, some beekeepers say they're losing up to 50 percent of their hives.

Many blame a class of pesticide called neonicotinoids, or "neonics." Doan said, "They block the nerve endings of the bee, and so the bee is paralyzed and then what happens is they starve to death, so you see the bee shaking, and it's a very horrific way of dying for a bee."

Doan joined a coalition of beekeepers, environmentalists and consumer groups that recently sued the Environmental Protection Agency for failing to ban these chemicals. The lawsuit claims the "EPA is well aware of recent studies and reports illustrating the risks to honey bees...but has refused to take any regulatory action."

"We're finding these chemicals in the beehives," Doan said. "We know they're there. We're finding them in the bees. So we know they're killing bees."

CBS News

Well good, I hope the government bans all pesticides even ones you use for mosquitos

you see folks our world under this administration is all of sudden going to END and we are all going to STARVE to death
that should make Michelle happy she's claims we are all fat anyway

Last edited:
This man is frikken Insane...we have a crisis in the middle east/Iraq, our borders are being INVADED and he'S out to save a fucking bee...and they plan to spend Millions doing it...we are being HOSED by this administration and every damn government agency He is in charge of now it's a, PoLLINATOR HEALTH TASK FORCE...

SNIP:

President Obama on Friday announced plans to save endangered honey bees and other pollinators, for the first time ordering a probe into new types of pesticides that some local governments and 15 European Union nations have restricted or banned.

The long-awaited plan creates a “Pollinator Health Task Force” that has 180 days to come up with a plan to save bees, butterflies and other pollinators. The goal is to rid fields of harmful pesticides while planting food for the bugs, even on military bases an along railroad tracks. Virtually every Cabinet department will be included on the task force.

A key victory for the honey bee industry is Obama’s mention of “neonicotinoids,” a new type of pesticide product that many blame for the shocking loss of bees in the epidemic called “colony collapse disorder.”

In the six-page presidential memo, the White House singled out what it wants the Environmental Protection Agency to do:

“The Environmental Protection Agency shall assess the effect of pesticides, including neonicotinoids, on bee and other pollinator health and take action, as appropriate, to protect pollinators; engage state and tribal environmental, agricultural, and wildlife agencies in the development of state and tribal pollinator protection plans; encourage the incorporation of pollinator protection and habitat planting activities into green infrastructure and Superfund projects; and expedite review of registration applications for new products targeting pests harmful to pollinators.”

Some members of the EU voted last year to restrict the use of pesticides that include neuroactive neonicotinoid chemicals. Three are in use: clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiametoxam.

Pollinators, mostly bees, are responsible for much of what grows on farms.

In a related move, the Agriculture Department said it would spend $8 million to establish new habitats for honey bees in Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

all of it here:
Obama moves to save the honey bees, targets pesticides | WashingtonExaminer.com

Obviously, you have not clue what the loss of the honey bee will mean to us. Its this incredible ignorance that is the root cause of what we're seeing. Stupid [MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION] wil be dead by the time this emergency really hits but if Stupid Steph has kids or grand kids, they will be affected.

Stupid Steph and other Stupid RWs would happily commit suicide if it meant they could hate on Obama.

Idiot RW lemmings.

Even more far left propaganda and yet another far left Obama drone that can not admit that Obama is part of the problem..

Se the far left will not admit Obama is part of the problem..

Please say something that is accurate. I am eager to show you that a lefty will agree with you.

Thanks.

And they prove my point for me...

The far left is incapable of admitting that Obama is part of the problem..

Come on, man! Just say something that is indisputably true. I will agree with you. I am really hoping that we can see eye to eye on so something.

Let me give you an example.

America's economy is improving. You can agree with that statement, can't you?

wow luds, that was some real dramatic shit there...I don't like Obama and I have never hidden that fact...

got anymore and how about that Booooooooooooooooooooosh you LW'ERS just loves loves loves

give us all a break, please

Last edited:
Please say something that is accurate. I am eager to show you that a lefty will agree with you.

Thanks.

And they prove my point for me...

The far left is incapable of admitting that Obama is part of the problem..

Come on, man! Just say something that is indisputably true. I will agree with you. I am really hoping that we can see eye to eye on so something.

Let me give you an example.

America's economy is improving. You can agree with that statement, can't you?

Once again the far left can not admit Obama is a failure and they keep proving each and every time they post..

The far left id the problem and should not now or ever be in charge of anything.

Being a far left Obama drone, are you going to admit that Obama is a failure?

Now you are showing your far left side..

The Bee problem is not world wide it is only happening in certain regions. Please do try and keep up...

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

First of all, it is a global crisis. Global Crisis: Honeybee Population on the Decline

And just like every other health or environmental issue, major corporations are on the side of the executioners.

Follow the Honey: 7 ways pesticide companies are spinning the bee crisis to protect profits

If you like to eat, then you should care about what’s happening to bees. Did you know that two-thirds of our food crops require pollination -- the very foods that we rely on for healthy eating -- such as apples, berries, and almonds, just to name a few. That’s why the serious declines in bee populations are getting more attention, with entire campaigns devoted to saving bees.

A strong and growing body of evidence points to exposure to a class of neurotoxic pesticides called neonicotinoids -- the fastest-growing and most widely used class of synthetic pesticides -- as a key contributing factor to bee declines.

The European Union banned the three most widely used neonicotinoids, based on strong science indicating that neonics can kill bees outright and make them more vulnerable to pests, pathogens, and other stressors.

Enter the corporate spin doctors. As my new report with Friends of the Earth details, three of the leading pesticide corporations -- Bayer, Syngenta, and Monsanto -- are engaged in a massive public relations disinformation campaign to distract the public and policymakers from thinking that pesticides might have something to do with bee death and destruction.

Big Tobacco honed these strategies for decades, stalling action that resulted in millions of preventable deaths. As Bayer stockholders meet in Germany this week, this report shines a critical light on these destructive corporate practices.

more

Forum List

Back