Obama moves to save the honey bees, targets pesticides

On this one Steph I have to agree that this is an urgent situation that should have been dealt with years ago.

You lose your pollinators you lose your food. No guff. It's a big deal.

Even the EU has been late to the party but they've finally moved on it. Check it out:

The dangerous chemical Bayer makes is a neonicotinoid, or neonic. Neonics are soaked into seeds, spreading through the plant and killing insects stopping by for a snack. These pesticides can easily be replaced by other chemicals which don’t have such a devastating effect on the food chain. But companies like Bayer and Syngenta make a fortune from selling neonics -- so they’ll do everything they can to protect their profits.

The EU banned these bee-killers this past May, after a massive public campaign and a clear scientific finding from the European Food Safety Authority that neonics pose huge risks to bee populations. Bayer fought against the ban every step of the way, using tactics taken from Big Tobacco -- pouring millions into lobbying and fake science to stop decision-makers from taking action.

I'm not saying I disagreed with the bee thing
It's the new government task force and the millions of dollars. while I think it can be dealt with another way in the private sector..plus it won't help us when all these other country are still sending their pollution on us

I'm with you on the quizzillions of dollars being spent to "find a made in America solution" when we know that neonics are the obvious man made problem. Up here they always do the dog and pony show too to find the "made in Canada" solution instead of just cutting to the chase and dealing with the problem.

Last edited:
On this one Steph I have to agree that this is an urgent situation that should have been dealt with years ago.

You lose your pollinators you lose your food. No guff. It's a big deal.

Even the EU has been late to the party but they've finally moved on it. Check it out:

The dangerous chemical Bayer makes is a neonicotinoid, or neonic. Neonics are soaked into seeds, spreading through the plant and killing insects stopping by for a snack. These pesticides can easily be replaced by other chemicals which don’t have such a devastating effect on the food chain. But companies like Bayer and Syngenta make a fortune from selling neonics -- so they’ll do everything they can to protect their profits.

The EU banned these bee-killers this past May, after a massive public campaign and a clear scientific finding from the European Food Safety Authority that neonics pose huge risks to bee populations. Bayer fought against the ban every step of the way, using tactics taken from Big Tobacco -- pouring millions into lobbying and fake science to stop decision-makers from taking action.

It's the new government task force and the millions of dollars. while I think it can be dealt with another way in the private sector..plus it won't help us when all these other country are still sending their pollution on us

So you are back pedaling off your trolling...we get it...you want zero government..

Says the far left Obama drone Troll!

National Geo had a thing about the mysterious thing that is killing them off.....23% in this Country alone.....it is pretty serious....

i put a link up, its quite a few things killing them off it seems.

yea they said the Wild Bee population is faring worse than the domestic ones because no one is out there helping them like they are for the Honeybees....

Shame really...we have selfish people in the middle east to busy pumping their religions for power and while that is going on we could see a collapse in the food chain..

People are stupid.

So you are back pedaling off your trolling...we get it...you want zero government..

Says the far left Obama drone Troll!

Pasta

boy the libs are PISSED

how damn funny

this man can claim he's G-d and I believe they will bow

oh wait, he already did...he said he will STOP the seas RISING and HEAL THY PLANET

Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing - YouTube

the trouble is Steph.....this aint about Obama .....its about a serious reality ....the Bee population declining....

I understand it is, but all this money and studies isn't going to help if OTHER countries like China, Brazil, etc are still polluting on everyone...AND the fact he thinks we need government in everything in life

boy the libs are PISSED

how damn funny

oh wait, he already did...he said he will STOP the seas RISING and HEAL THY PLANET

the trouble is Steph.....this aint about Obama .....its about a serious reality ....the Bee population declining....

It is about Obama:

Obama signs bill that protects makers of genetically engineered crops from federal courts

Obama signs bill that protects makers of genetically engineered crops from federal courts | Fox News

i put a link up, its quite a few things killing them off it seems.

yea they said the Wild Bee population is faring worse than the domestic ones because no one is out there helping them like they are for the Honeybees....

Shame really...we have selfish people in the middle east to busy pumping their religions for power and while that is going on we could see a collapse in the food chain..

People are stupid.

strange priorities.....

boy the libs are PISSED

how damn funny

I understand it is, but all this money and studies isn't going to help if OTHER countries like China, Brazil, etc are still polluting on everyone...AND the fact he thinks we need government in everything in life

ah the do nothing because nobody else is approach...Lazy

And the far left is killing off bees now and they want to blame someone else and get the government to come in and save the day..

you see how much they care about the bald eagle Obama has now allowed wind farms to kill at their leisure

they're pretenders of selective caring and phonies in my book

Further proof that you seen one far left post you have seen them all..

Plas might be left.....but he aint no far Lefty.....

Yes he is!

Otherwise I am sure you can show at least one post where he has disagreed with any far leftie on this board

yea i will go through all the threads to find one.....he and i have agreed quite a few times....and i am considered an EXTREME rwer by Dottie....and Dean called me a Right Wing Wacko once....cant get better recommendations than those 2...... NO Far Lefty here has ever agreed with me in the Political threads....Plasma has a few times,he aint no far lefty........your problem Kosh is you talk about the FAR Right and Left.....yet you classify ANY Leftie who doesnt see things like you think they should as being Far Left......sorry it dont work like that.....

People are stupid.

strange priorities.....

not strange, just typical. We are short sighted and only want to think of ourselves for the most part.

Plas might be left.....but he aint no far Lefty.....

Yes he is!

Otherwise I am sure you can show at least one post where he has disagreed with any far leftie on this board

yea i will go through all the threads to find one.....he and i have agreed quite a few times....and i am considered an EXTREME rwer by Dottie....and Dean called me a Right Wing Wacko once....cant get better recommendations than those 2...... NO Far Lefty here has ever agreed with me in the Political threads....Plasma has a few times,he aint no far lefty........your problem Kosh is you talk about the FAR Right and Left.....yet you classify ANY Leftie who doesnt see things like you think they should as being Far Left......sorry it dont work like that.....

Yes he is a far leftie and it is not him agreeing with you, it is you agreeing with the far left. And it does work like that, you agree with the far left, they do not agree with you.

He is a far left Obama drone and will always be a far left Obama drone until 2016 when he will vote Clinton and become a far left Clinton drone.

boy the libs are PISSED

how damn funny

so because the third world is behind technologically we should just let the Bees die off?..........the private industries have been working on this for a good decade or more,and its getting worse.....this problem needs everyone coming together.....including Govts who have the clout and infrastructure to stop this...

And the far left is killing off bees now and they want to blame someone else and get the government to come in and save the day..

you see how much they care about the bald eagle Obama has now allowed wind farms to kill at their leisure

they're pretenders of selective caring and phonies in my book

Well Obama also lifted a ban on hunting the bald Eagle for religious purposes for certain Indian tribes.

Never the less Obama is to blame and the far left will do nothing, but look the other way.

so because the third world is behind technologically we should just let the Bees die off?..........the private industries have been working on this for a good decade or more,and its getting worse.....this problem needs everyone coming together.....including Govts who have the clout and infrastructure to stop this...

Now you are showing your far left side..

The Bee problem is not world wide it is only happening in certain regions. Please do try and keep up...

Forum List

Back