Obama omits 'under god' in ken burns Gettysburg address

Go with that......:lol:

Like that's even needed at this point :lmao:

dig.jpg

What's so amazingly funny in all this, those that are condemning Obama for leaving out "under God" are using such vile language and vitriol, as if that would somehow please God, that such foul mouth people would be defending His honor! :lol::lol:

agreed, agreed, and agreed.

Last edited:
fact is the AP reported that he said "under god"

and the only version signed by Lincoln contains the words "under god"

sure there are 5 versions

there maybe a 100 versions until one finds the right words

in writing a speech

i would say the one signed by him

would be the final product

Haiku John again...

The only one "signed"? What, it's like writing a check?
Is there a First National Bank of Speeches somewhere?

Whether you like it or not, this is how historians have regarded the Bliss copy. It's not my opinion or jb's.

It is the accepted opinion amongst historians.

Bliss Copy

Ever since Lincoln wrote it in 1864, this version has been the most often reproduced, notably on the walls of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

It is named after Colonel Alexander Bliss, stepson of historian George Bancroft. Bancroft asked President Lincoln for a copy to use as a fundraiser for soldiers (see "Bancroft Copy" below).

However, because Lincoln wrote on both sides of the paper, the speech could not be reprinted, so Lincoln made another copy at Bliss's request.

It is the last known copy written by Lincoln and the only one signed and dated by him. Today it is on display at the Lincoln Room of the White House.

The Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln

yes the AP also reported that he said "under god" when reporting on the events

of the day

Haiku John again...

The only one "signed"? What, it's like writing a check?
Is there a First National Bank of Speeches somewhere?

Whether you like it or not, this is how historians have regarded the Bliss copy. It's not my opinion or jb's.

Bliss Copy

Ever since Lincoln wrote it in 1864, this version has been the most often reproduced, notably on the walls of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

It is named after Colonel Alexander Bliss, stepson of historian George Bancroft. Bancroft asked President Lincoln for a copy to use as a fundraiser for soldiers (see "Bancroft Copy" below).

However, because Lincoln wrote on both sides of the paper, the speech could not be reprinted, so Lincoln made another copy at Bliss's request.

It is the last known copy written by Lincoln and the only one signed and dated by him. Today it is on display at the Lincoln Room of the White House.

of the day

Because the AP was around back then?

Your questions are ridiculous, trolling garbage. There's no point to answering them, they are nonsensical and completely irrelevant.

As is everything else you post. You do it for attention, and because you think it's cute in a dykey, dopey way. But it's not. It makes you look like a moron, and therefore shines a dismal and depressing light on all lesbians through your example.

You make dykes look like fools.

Last edited:
Your questions are ridiculous, trolling garbage. There's no point to answering them, they are nonsensical and completely irrelevant.

As is everything else you post. You do it for attention, and because you think it's cute in a dykey, dopey way. But it's not. It makes you look like a moron, and therefore shines a dismal and depressing light on all lesbians through your example.

You make dykes look like fools.

Your answer to my simple question must have gotten cut off some how. Is it because you cannot answer it? Or are you too embarassed to answer it?

No, the choice would be Obama's.

Unless you maintain Obama is an idiot who doesn't review and approve the material he mouths.

which is possible

Or, maybe we are no longer a nation "Under God" - considering those who claim to be God's people have taken to use such vile and foul language against the President, whom the Bible (the book they proclaim to follow) tells us that there is no authority that God himself didn't institute. So all these so called Christians condemning Obama in essense are saying "God, you blew it, you picked a shit-stain, POS who claims to be Christian but we know he is a Muslim, you don't know how to pick leaders" :lol::lol:

I'm sure that God is quite pleased with the way they defend Him.

Those that are not Christians are exempt.....you can't follow something you don't believe in, so my comments are not directed at you.

Romans
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

What claptrap, lol.

Yes, there is no authority except that which is allowed to be in authority by God.

But that doesn't change the fact that we are supposed to speak against tyrants, and we are honor bound to strive to do the right thing, including our duty in politics.

Currently, our duty is to continue to fight corruption and evil. Satan is also allowed to reign, currently, at God's behest. That doesn't mean we are supposed to throw in with him.

Last edited:
What claptrap, lol.
Yep, pick and choose. I'm sure that's as good an excuse as any.

Yes, there is no authority except that which is allowed to be in authority by God.

But that doesn't change the fact that we are supposed to speak against tyrants, and we are honor bound to strive to do the right thing, including our duty in politics.
And that can be done without attacking his person. Calling the President a POS or a shit-stain is okay for non-believers, but certainly not a Christian thing to do? Your duty in politics is to vote your conscience, and no one takes that away from you, but nowhere in the Bible does Jesus give you permission to demean anyone, much less someone that He has put in power. If you think He does, I would like for you to share the scripture with me.

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult.
On the contrary, repay evil with blessing,
because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.“ (1 Peter 3:9 NIV)

Currently, our duty is to continue to fight corruption and evil. Satan is also allowed to reign, currently, at God's behest. That doesn't mean we are supposed to throw in with him.
Yes, and if you believe Obama's administration is evil, then by all means you should vote against him and promote the ones you believe will do good, but nowhere does Jesus tell His believers to fight evil with evil? And condemning Obama for reading a copy of the Gettysburg Address that leaves out "under God" while spewing foul language against him is a worse offense.

Last edited:

Bliss Copy

of the day

Yeah but they didn't have double-sided Xerox yet...

What claptrap, lol.
Yep, pick and choose. I'm sure that's as good an excuse as any.

And that can be done without attacking his person. Calling the President a POS or a shit-stain is okay for non-believers, but certainly not a Christian thing to do? Your duty in politics is to vote your conscience, and no one takes that away from you, but nowhere in the Bible does Jesus give you permission to demean anyone, much less someone that He has put in power. If you think He does, I would like for you to share the scripture with me.

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult.
On the contrary, repay evil with blessing,
because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.“ (1 Peter 3:9 NIV)

Yes, and if you believe Obama's administration is evil, then by all means you should vote against him and promote the ones you believe will do good, but nowhere does Jesus tell His believers to fight evil with evil? And condemning Obama for reading a copy of the Gettysburg Address that leaves out "under God" while spewing foul language against him is a worse offense.

No, it's not. Sorry.

Bliss Copy

of the day

really

you really need to ask that question

--LOL

the answer is yes

in started in the 1840s

but feel free to look it up for the exact date

No, the choice would be Obama's.

Unless you maintain Obama is an idiot who doesn't review and approve the material he mouths.

which is possible

Or, maybe we are no longer a nation "Under God" - considering those who claim to be God's people have taken to use such vile and foul language against the President, whom the Bible (the book they proclaim to follow) tells us that there is no authority that God himself didn't institute. So all these so called Christians condemning Obama in essense are saying "God, you blew it, you picked a shit-stain, POS who claims to be Christian but we know he is a Muslim, you don't know how to pick leaders" :lol::lol:

I'm sure that God is quite pleased with the way they defend Him.

Those that are not Christians are exempt.....you can't follow something you don't believe in, so my comments are not directed at you.

Romans
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

as i originally posted

not reciting the speech as presented that day

is nothing more then typical obama stuff

not many would expect less of him

and it is too bad too after he spent so much time

trying to coin himself after him

guess it turned out to be counterfeit after all

"
Liberals will scramble to say that Obama used the Nicolay Copy, instead of the Bliss Copy, of the Gettysburg Address. You can tell because he says, “The Nation” instead of “This Nation.” And there’s only one copy that leaves out God and uses “The Nation”.
You’re going to see liberal fact checkers making this same argument before too long. But there’s one problem.

"The Bliss Copy is the only official copy that is actually used. It’s the one that Lincoln, titled signed and dated. The Nicolay Copy is considered a draft. God appears in 3 out of the 5 copies. Clearly Lincoln did say “Under God”.

Obama Removes ?God? from Gettysburg Address | FrontPage Magazine
The Right are sooooooo STUPID they can't even see their own contradictions from one sentence to the next!

The Bliss copy did not exist at the time of the Gettysburg address, it was written the following year!!! Only the Nicolay and Hay copies existed at the time of the Gettysburg Address and neither has God in them.

Forum List

Back