Obama omits 'under god' in ken burns Gettysburg address

You don't get to rewrite me. Nobody gets that.

I see what your problem is: self-appointed editor. Word fascist. Well, not on my watch. Ever.

Here we go again. Hissy fit time!

"You can't tell me what to do! Waaa!" :rolleyes:

No actually it indicates the opposite. If it was important in the writer's mind it would have been there from the start. On the other hand if it's tweaked in at the suggestion of some handler who had manipulative marketing purposes in mind, that's a whole 'nother smoke.

Francis Bellamy didn't write "under God" into the pledge of allegiance either. That came a lifetime later, long after he was dead.

You moron, I'm a writer, I've tutored English comp, and I've worked as a writer, and I've also copy edited the work of others.
NO, the first draft is NOT the most accurate, or people would not edit.

Having done A LOT of editing, trust me, the first draft is most generally a mess that roams and wanders all over the place. Subsequent edits are made to finely hone and make precise the thought that is being presented.

Go back to school, ding dong.

Yeah me too, but there's two things I don't do: one, insert words into other people's mouths (I didn't say "accurate" did I?) and two, address people in a civil conversation as "moron".

Now go back and read what I actually wrote. You don't get to rewrite me. Nobody gets that.

I see what your problem is: self-appointed editor. Word fascist. Well, not on my watch. Ever.

Now take the certificate above your post and put your pawprint on it. You're a winner.

I didn't insert any words into your mouth, moron. You keep saying stuff, then denying you said it, or claiming that I said it.

you're a nitwit.

Word fascist...HAHAHAHAH...Yes, I will rewrite you. I'll do it often, and I'll continue to make you look like an idiot when I do.

Share some of those brilliant first drafts with us, imbecile..the ones that best represent your thoughts..I'm all agog with excitement to see the genius exposed...

HAHAHAHAHAAAA...

What a little Black Sambo cumwad. I'm really getting sick of his ass

-Geaux

Sounds like real butt hurt to me! :lol::lol: A black man is the most powerful man in the world...must really get your blood aboiling....:lol::lol:

You'd better re-think that "most powerful" thing. He's the biggest laughing stock, certainly. Incompetent, unqualified, driven by most blatant narcissistic self-interest, but "powerful"? Yeah, not really.

What a little Black Sambo cumwad. I'm really getting sick of his ass

-Geaux

Sounds like real butt hurt to me! :lol::lol: A black man is the most powerful man in the world...must really get your blood aboiling....:lol::lol:

You'd better re-think that "most powerful" thing. He's the biggest laughing stock, certainly. Incompetent, unqualified, driven by most blatant narcissistic self-interest, but "powerful"? Yeah, not really.
I don't have to. That some on the right have stooped below the gutter to demean him doesn't take away the fact that he is the leader of the most powerful nation, making him the most powerful man in the world.

We will continue to be the most powerful nation unless those handful of rightwing know-nothings succeed in bringing it down, but I seriously doubt it. Common sense usually prevails and I have a lot of faith that Americans are not all that dumb.

He demeans himself..which is his right. But he also demeans our nation, which is not his right.

Counting the days until he's gone. And hopefully, once he leaves office, he'll leave the country as well. I suspect he will.

You moron, I'm a writer, I've tutored English comp, and I've worked as a writer, and I've also copy edited the work of others.
NO, the first draft is NOT the most accurate, or people would not edit.

Having done A LOT of editing, trust me, the first draft is most generally a mess that roams and wanders all over the place. Subsequent edits are made to finely hone and make precise the thought that is being presented.

Go back to school, ding dong.

Yeah me too, but there's two things I don't do: one, insert words into other people's mouths (I didn't say "accurate" did I?) and two, address people in a civil conversation as "moron".

Now go back and read what I actually wrote. You don't get to rewrite me. Nobody gets that.

Now take the certificate above your post and put your pawprint on it. You're a winner.

I didn't insert any words into your mouth, moron. You keep saying stuff, then denying you said it, or claiming that I said it.

you're a nitwit.

Word fascist...HAHAHAHAH...Yes, I will rewrite you. I'll do it often, and I'll continue to make you look like an idiot when I do.

:clap2:

"I didn't insert any words into your mouth" followed immediately by "Yes, I will rewrite you. I'll do it often"

My stars and little fishes, what a maroon...

Rofl_6738d5_1861765.jpg

Hey, did you rewrite Lincoln too? :rofl:

Last edited:
I figure if you're going to accuse me of it, I'll give you something to work with.

He demeans himself..which is his right. But he also demeans our nation, which is not his right.

Counting the days until he's gone. And hopefully, once he leaves office, he'll leave the country as well. I suspect he will.

-- and how does he (we did this before to crickets but what the hell) how does he "demean" a nation founded on religious liberty ............... by not putting a deity into a speech that doesn't have it in there anyway?

original

... Duh?

First draft is not historical accuracy.

That's not the speech he gave. Deal with it.

Yes, actually it is.

To have only the final version would be inaccurate.

But, that's not really the point. The point is, Lincoln worked on his speech, he wrote and rewrote it and some ignorant little twit has no right to summarily toss his words aside as though they are nothing.

And, the bigger point of this thread is that you rw's LIED and then you lied some more and then you lied even more.

Now, you two lying twits are dancing all around, trying desperately to find some way out of taking responsibility for your lies.

You lied. Admit it and then just shut up and go away because you're doing is embarrassing yourselves.

You keep saying I lied. Show me where I have lied? You can't because I haven't. I've given opinions you don't like. But I've not lied about a damn thing.

:eusa_angel:

Now to the given speech. This issue has been settled among historians. I've put it up before but what the heck I'll do it again.

The Associated Press report of the speech, written by Joseph Gilbert, along with reports from newspapers in Philadelphia and Chicago, all agree that Lincoln said “under God” as his speech concluded.

In that book’s footnotes, it’s explained that the Philadelphia Inquirer and Chicago Tribune had the words in its independent accounts.

“These papers corroborate Gilbert’s version, however, in having the phrase ‘under God,’ which Lincoln must have used for the first time as he spoke,” the book says.

It also appears that Lincoln used the Associated Press version as a reference point when he wrote out the third, fourth, and fifth versions.

A fourth printed version, from the Boston Advertiser, shows that Lincoln used the words “under God” as the address concluded.

Did Abraham Lincoln omit God from the Gettysburg Address?

I can't help but wonder whether Luddy is as upset about the bald faced lies his lord savior, the One, all hail obama!, spewed forth to mislead the American public for no other reasone than to satisfy his narcissistic drive to make his legacy?

I don't have to. That some on the right have stooped below the gutter to demean him doesn't take away the fact that he is the leader of the most powerful nation, making him the most powerful man in the world.

We will continue to be the most powerful nation unless those handful of rightwing know-nothings succeed in bringing it down, but I seriously doubt it. Common sense usually prevails and I have a lot of faith that Americans are not all that dumb.

Applying the term "leader" rather liberally (ooops, I said "liberal), aren't you? The shitstain-in-chief couldn't manage to lead a boyscout troop, let alone the most powerful nation. He couldn't lead a pack of dogs with a pork chop tied around his neck.

you're a nitwit.

:clap2:

"I didn't insert any words into your mouth" followed immediately by "Yes, I will rewrite you. I'll do it often"

My stars and little fishes, what a maroon...

Rofl_6738d5_1861765.jpg

Hey, did you rewrite Lincoln too? :rofl:

Er, that's "moran", remember?

I figure if you're going to accuse me of it, I'll give you something to work with.

Go with that......:lol:

Like that's even needed at this point :lmao:

dig.jpg

What's so amazingly funny in all this, those that are condemning Obama for leaving out "under God" are using such vile language and vitriol, as if that would somehow please God, that such foul mouth people would be defending His honor! :lol::lol:

Applying the term "leader" rather liberally (ooops, I said "liberal), aren't you? The shitstain-in-chief couldn't manage to lead a boyscout troop, let alone the most powerful nation. He couldn't lead a pack of dogs with a pork chop tied around his neck.

And yet he didn't "start" any worthless wars under big fat lies, is able to speak without making an idiot of himself, and has done much more considering all the opposition he has faced compared to the pupett we had before him.

^ Meltdown in progress

This is actually a concession that the president ‘omitted’ nothing, that the accusation was a lie contrived by the right, and that conservatives propagated this lie predicated solely on subjective partisanism.

Forum List

Back