Obama on executive orders 2008 vs 2014

No worries libs...MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN....will keep this off their airways.
Only Fox News viewers will know.

Maybe in 2008 he didn't realize what dicks the Republicans were

Anyone who stifles America by lying us into illegal unwinnable torture wars that were set up be the CIA to never end.

this really is a dumb partisan point for people to bicker about. All Presidents do it, and do it a lot now. Now if you have an issue with a certain EO then yeah sure seems fair.
Congress basically turns their heads to these things as an accepted practice.
Dont forget when the GOP gets in office, their man or woman will be doing the exact samething.

Pointless post. Obama PROMISED to STOP the expansion of the executive branch. He has done the opposite. The executive branch now dictates to everyday Americans.

the facts don't bear that out (see the chart). He said that he WOULD seek alternative pathways if the Repubs continue their "stonewall" tactics. McConnell's nickname should be "Stonewall McConnell" :thup:

Maybe in 2008 he didn't realize what dicks the Republicans were

RW's definition of "dicks" - - - "anyone that disagrees with you"

No question that Obama was naive in 2008

He actually thought he would have like other presidents before him had.....A Congress willing to work for what is right for America

Instead, he got a Republican temper tantrum that has lasted five years and counting. Republicans who oppose every initiative, filibuster every bill and shut down Government in a hissy fit.

I know it was stupid of him to wait five years before he finally said....Congress will not do a thing to help the country....so I will do it myself

Pointless post. Obama PROMISED to STOP the expansion of the executive branch. He has done the opposite. The executive branch now dictates to everyday Americans.

the facts don't bear that out (see the chart). He said that he WOULD seek alternative pathways if the Repubs continue their "stonewall" tactics. McConnell's nickname should be "Stonewall McConnell" :thup:

Watch the videos if you actually want facts. Obama promised to rein in the executive branch. He has done no such thing.

Watch the videos if you actually want facts. Obama promised to rein in the executive branch. He has done no such thing.

Imagine that

He actually thought he had a legislative branch that was worth a bucket of piss

What a fool

What do you think Bushes signing statements where when he defined torture?

I must have missed the part in those two videos where Bush promised to rein in the executive branch. Could you point them out to me please?

Why can't Obama be judged on his own merit & words? Why must you all always point at Bush? Bush did a lot of stupid shit but he didn't blame Clinton, nor is he anylonger president.

What do you think Bushes signing statements where when he defined torture?

I must have missed the part in those two videos where Bush promised to rein in the executive branch. Could you point them out to me please?

Why can't Obama be judged on his own merit & words? Why must you all always point at Bush? Bush did a lot of stupid shit but he didn't blame Clinton, nor is he any longer president.

i just brought Bush up for context. I think personally that if congress wanted to stop The president they could. they dont because it would open up a whole knew shit storm whenever there is a shift change. Obama said a lot of things he has failed on. So i wont vote for him in 2016 if that makes you feel better or something?
Again this has been going on since Washington, and granted back then they where more Military matters than domestic.
But im not blaming Bush for his EO's. So you can drop that excuse.

Imagine that

What a fool

sorry but blaming the Legislative branch isnt really going to work.

Imagine that

What a fool

sorry but blaming the Legislative branch isnt really going to work.

If he had a Congress that was capable of the most basic functions without a crisis hanging over its head, he would not have to issue more executive orders
As it is, he has issued fewer by far than any recent President

Hopefully, that will change shortly

Does a do nothing Congress warrant a do nothing President?

Forum List

Back