Obama Orders New Efficiency for Big Trucks

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/u...w-rules-for-cutting-truck-pollution.html?_r=1

The new regulations, to be drafted by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Transportation Department by March 2015 and completed a year later so they are in place before Mr. Obama leaves office, are the latest in a series of actions intended to cut back on greenhouse gases without the sort of comprehensive legislation the president failed to push through Congress in his first term.

Tom Steyer at the office of NextGen Climate Action, his political organization, in San Francisco.Financier Plans Big Ad Campaign on Climate ChangeFEB. 17, 2014
The new regulation would primarily affect the country’s 600 coal-fired power plants, like this one in Texas, and could ultimately shutter hundreds of them.E.P.A. Staff Struggling to Create Pollution RuleFEB. 4, 2014
The limits on greenhouse gas pollution from trucks would combine with previous rules requiring passenger cars and light trucks to burn fuel more efficiently and pending rules to limit the carbon emissions of power plants. Cumulatively, experts said the à la carte approach should enable Mr. Obama to meet his target of cutting carbon pollution in the United States by 17 percent from 2005 levels by 2020. But they said he would still be far short of his goal of an 80 percent reduction by 2050.

Obama has a pen and a phone.............Congress and the Constitution need not apply to Obama and the Dems.

Again, abuse of power without Congressional Consent.

Isn't it wonderful, Eddie?!

Wonderful that your side totally ditches the Constitution........................

To those like myself, who still believe in the Constitution, there is nothing Wonderful about abuse of power........

As you get all smug about Obama BLATANTLY VIOLATING IT.....................

As your side claims to be on the side of the Constitution............................

Do you laugh as people's power bills go up as well.

This is a terrible move. This will drastically increase the cost of shipping goods, and will harm every aspect of the economy.

Also, killing off coal power plants, which is the cheapest source of electricity in the country, will drastically drive up power prices.

If our country continues down this path of abuse of power, then the left had better hurry up their gun control legislation...............

One day the people will tire of this abuse of power, and take our country back.

Conservatives seem almost eager to trash the environment just to spite "tree-huggers" and seem to despise any efforts to keep the planet livable for future generations. You do not like regulation, I get that, but someone has to make sure your grandchildren can breath the air and drink the water because it is clear conservatives would not care if they have to live in filth.

Conservatives seem almost eager to trash the environment just to spite "tree-huggers" and seem to despise any efforts to keep the planet livable for future generations. You do not like regulation, I get that, but someone has to make sure your grandchildren can breath the air and drink the water because it is clear conservatives would not care if they have to live in filth.
This is about the president ruling by decree, fool.

Spare me your BS......................

Please explain how the President has the power to create a new law with Exec order under the Constitution.

This about there being only one man willing to incur the wrath of big business to do the right thing by your children and grandchildren. Do you not care if they live in a polluted cesspool? It seems to be case when there is apparently no political will on the right to protect the environment.

This about there being only one man willing to incur the wrath of big business to do the right thing by your children and grandchildren. Do you not care if they live in a polluted cesspool? It seems to be case when there is apparently no political will on the right to protect the environment.

BS

This is about violating the Constitution of the United States of America.

Isn't it wonderful, Eddie?!

Wonderful that your side totally ditches the Constitution........................

To those like myself, who still believe in the Constitution, there is nothing Wonderful about abuse of power........

As you get all smug about Obama BLATANTLY VIOLATING IT.....................

As your side claims to be on the side of the Constitution............................

Do you laugh as people's power bills go up as well.

Is the existence of the US Constitution a controversial subject?

I don't know if there is a more idiotic statement than "I believe in the Constitution". You can believe in god......you can believe in the Easter Bunny....but you cannot believe in the Constitution.

Get it?

BS

Tell me, is there ever a right time to put the health of the planet first? In conservativeland I do not think so, a polluted river or foul air is always worth a few jobs.

As the lib posters dance around the real issue here........

and as they only quote the Constitution when it suits their own ideology.............

This will be challenged...........By the states.

The problem is, we don't automatically buy your BS that we're ruining the planet.

The amount of actual pollution from automobiles, is a tiny tiny fraction of what it was in the past.

And you eco-tards, know this. That's why you have to define "carbon dioxide" as a pollutant. CO2.... created by every living thing on the planet, created by natural forest fires, caused by natural volcanic activity, created naturally throughout all of nature.... is now a pollutant under eco-tard belief system?

You have to be more stupid than Forest Gump, to really believe that CO2, one of the top 4 most natural common atmospheric gases in nature is now a pollutant to be controlled under eco-tard stupidity.

The justification of this is absolute idiocy as well.

90% of the "green-house" effect, is from WATER. Let's ban the production of water, if we are to follow eco-tard logic.

Only 10% of the Green-House effect is due to CO2.

And of all the CO2 produce year around, only 3.5% of it is produced by man.

So +95% of CO2 is natural, and only 10% of the Green-House effect is due to CO2.... and yet the tiny insignificant fraction of the whole deal that is human created..... that tiny sliver is going to wipe out the entire planet, because we're dumb as rocks eco-tards, and screaming and shouting flailing your arms in the air, that the sky is falling, makes it all true.

Idiots. You guys claim to be about science, and you are the most scientifically illiterate bunch of ignoramuses I've ever met.

and as they only quote the Constitution when it suits their own ideology.............

That's fine, even environmental laws passed by congress spend years in court before they get implemented, the real issue here is the perception by those on the right that we MUST choose jobs over the health of the planet. It does not have to be that way, even China is starting to realize that they royally fucked up allowing industry to just dump toxic shit willy-nilly. Sure it costs more for industry not to pollute but tell me how much is a new planet going to cost? It's not like we can just move any time soon.

BS

Tell me, is there ever a right time to put the health of the planet first? In conservativeland I do not think so, a polluted river or foul air is always worth a few jobs.

You tell me. You are here using a computer, which is using power, which creates CO2. The manufacturing of the computer created CO2. Them home your are in, cut down a bunch of trees, and created CO2 in it's construction. The chair your butt is in, created CO2. The car you drive to work, creates CO2, and created CO2 in it's production. The job you do, whatever it is, creates CO2. The cell phone you have creates CO2. And nearly every single thing I just listed, and everything you have that I have not listed, all created toxic by products in their respective production.

You tell me sparky..... when should *YOU* give up everything you have for the sake of the planet?

You people are all the same. Everything is worth giving up for the planet, until it's actually your own stuff you have to give up. Great when sacrifice applies to others, not so good when it applies to you.

I met a guy saying the same thing, and I asked him what kind of car he drove. It was an SUV. Why not a tiny Ford Festiva, or Chevy Metro? "Well...... um.... my family can't fit in those"

..... oh... I'm sorry eco-tard.... I thought you said EVERYTHING was worth giving up for the planet.... Was there a personal exemption for Eco-tards? You really expect me to believe that only that SUV could fit your two 5 year old kids, and a dog?

No, it's just that eco-tards expect everyone else to sacrifice, not them.

That's fine, even environmental laws passed by congress spend years in court before they get implemented, the real issue here is the perception by those on the right that we MUST choose jobs over the health of the planet. It does not have to be that way, even China is starting to realize that they royally fucked up allowing industry to just dump toxic shit willy-nilly. Sure it costs more for industry not to pollute but tell me how much is a new planet going to cost? It's not like we can just move any time soon.

That's fine...............Point noted............

That you don't give a damn about the Constitution of the United States.

BS

You tell me. You are here using a computer, which is using power, which creates CO2. The manufacturing of the computer created CO2. Them home your are in, cut down a bunch of trees, and created CO2 in it's construction. The chair your butt is in, created CO2. The car you drive to work, creates CO2, and created CO2 in it's production. The job you do, whatever it is, creates CO2. The cell phone you have creates CO2. And nearly every single thing I just listed, and everything you have that I have not listed, all created toxic by products in their respective production.

You tell me sparky..... when should *YOU* give up everything you have for the sake of the planet?

You people are all the same. Everything is worth giving up for the planet, until it's actually your own stuff you have to give up. Great when sacrifice applies to others, not so good when it applies to you.

I met a guy saying the same thing, and I asked him what kind of car he drove. It was an SUV. Why not a tiny Ford Festiva, or Chevy Metro? "Well...... um.... my family can't fit in those"

..... oh... I'm sorry eco-tard.... I thought you said EVERYTHING was worth giving up for the planet.... Was there a personal exemption for Eco-tards? You really expect me to believe that only that SUV could fit your two 5 year old kids, and a dog?

Please stuff the red herring, take a look at the US and then take a look at China, they lustily traded the environment for economic growth and now there is pollution so bad that lots people die everyday just from breathing, eating and drinking. Is that what you want for America? I have made choices with my lifestyle, some quite inconvenient, that does what one individual can do to protect the planet but that is not enough to offset what the guy down the street does, somethining has to be done but damned if our consumerist society does not seem bent on making the place unlivable about 5 minutes after the last selfish boomer dies of old age.

Please stuff the red herring, take a look at the US and then take a look at China, they lustily traded the environment for economic growth and now there is pollution so bad that lots people die everyday just from breathing, eating and drinking. Is that what you want for America? I have made choices with my lifestyle, some quite inconvenient, that does what one individual can do to protect the planet but that is not enough to offset what the guy down the street does, somethining has to be done but damned if our consumerist society does not seem bent on making the place unlivable about 5 minutes after the last selfish boomer dies of old age.

Why yes, absolutely. You know just today, 5 people fell over dead just walking along the street. You should have seen it...... someone should have seen it....... hell anyone anywhere that has seen this, please send me the news clipping.

You show me ONE JUST ONE!! Where's that one guy that died from CO2 poisoning!

Doesn't exist. You eco-tards talk about red herrings, and yet that's all you have. Just shut up dude. You have nothing to say that you can actually support. Not one thing. Never have, and never will.

Forum List

Back