Obama oversteps his authority...again

when i was still working in the PO the Carrier Supervisor who was salaried would come in around 7 AM and would be there until 6 PM sometimes until 8 or 9 PM.....and worked 6 days usually......and took all the abuse from the top and bottom employees.....i sure as hell would never have done that ....not worth it......

when i was still working in the PO the Carrier Supervisor who was salaried would come in around 7 AM and would be there until 6 PM sometimes until 8 or 9 PM.....and worked 6 days usually......and took all the abuse from the top and bottom employees.....i sure as hell would never have done that ....not worth it......

That was his or her choice.

So when Bush changed overtime rules..it was okay?

Another Shallow deflection.

Somehow because Bush overstepped...it's O.K. for Obama.

Actually it was perfectly legal for BOTH of them to do it.

Congress granted the president this power in 1938 with the Fair Standards Labor Act

Just another reason that Obama and his administration are able to avoid accountability. Idiots keep propping up these idiotic complaints and the administration can just lump all the crazy and legitimate complaints together and roll their eyes and say - "look at these idiots. Look at the caliber of their gripes."

Last edited:

Another Shallow deflection.

Somehow because Bush overstepped...it's O.K. for Obama.

you might be more credible if you didn't whine now about things that you didn't give a darn about when baby bush was president.

it kind of makes the BS meter ring.

but carry on

The President has the authority to change the regulation.

So we have another topic title that is a lie...again.

That was quite different. That law which was through legislation pushed by the Bush admin made it EASIER for people to be properly classified as non exempt.
Companies would classify certain employees as exempt. The new law made it so employers could not simply place people on salary to avoid overtime pay.
So the law actually helped workers.
This move by Obama is a gross over reach.
What it appears to do is essentially eliminate the exempt status for everyone including management.
And it's a rule by political fiat.
You only like this because Obama is doing it. Just admit that much.

LOL - Mr. pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

Dude - congress gave the president this authority in 1938. It's not an over reach - not by any stretch of the imagination.

The truth is - you are only angry because you hate Obama.

And when confronted with the lie - so now we know for sure it is not an honest mistake - you just double-down on stupid.

The President has the authority to change the regulation.

So we have another topic title that is a lie...again.

No he does not. This must be done by legislation.
Since you opened the door, where is it in the law that the POTUS can unilaterally make new law?
BTW, there is also the power of civil disobedience. That is the refusal to comply with an unjust law.
What's Obama going to do? Call in the Army?
You lefties have convinced yourselves that the office of POTUS is somehow all powerful with no limits. How wrong you are.
This is not going to go unchallenged. And you can rest assured that if there is no legal challenge, business will do what it must to remain profitable.
Obama's pen is going to cost people hours and jobs. Idiot.

If someone works overtime=pay them right.
If someone doesn't work overtime and you're planning to pay them= wrong.

Not if one is management and paid a guaranteed salary.
Eliminating the exempt status would be a crushing blow to business.
And trust me on this. Business WILL find ways around this intrusive nonsense.
Reduced hours, elimination of jobs. Reduction of status. Demotions. Reduced pay. Hiring of contractors instead of employees.
This is going to do more harm than good.

LOL - Mr. pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

Dude - congress gave the president this authority in 1938. It's not an over reach - not by any stretch of the imagination.

The truth is - you are only angry because you hate Obama.

And when confronted with the lie - so now we know for sure it is not an honest mistake - you just double-down on stupid.
I'm not angry. Just telling the truth. Business will make adjustments. and it will not favor workers.
Why is it none of you who look favorably upon these things owns a business or is in charge of a budget for a business?
I just looked this up. Your claim that the POTUS has broad powers in this area. You are WRONG..
Read this link. All of this was done by legislation.
I wonder sometimes how it is you people on the left believe you can just post stuff on here and not think it will be investigated and challenged.
http://www.dol.gov/dol/aboutdol/history/flsa1938.htm
Obama is acting unilaterally. As though his power is limitless.
In the text of the link I posted to reference this thread "The White House official said Obama is authorized to take this action on this own under the Fair Labors Standards Act, which Congress passed in 1938."
That is in the opinion of this White House spokesperson. Not necessarily the law.
The link also states "The proposed changes will be subject to public comment before the Labor Department can start implementing the final rule."
Which means officially the Labor Dept has the final say.

Last edited:

That's the price one pays for the perks of being in management.

Good move by our President.

Oh...And the voice of the peanut gallery chimes in...
Do you really think business will take this laying down?
A little tidbit for you. When government acts not in the best interest of the people or of business, each will find ways around the acts.
This is not going away. And there will be push back then backlash.
Business will do what it must to protect profit margins.
Hours will be cut, productivity increased, fewer people will be doing the work, jobs will have to go.
Once again our resident idiots on the left ignore the laws of unintended consequences.

Obama and Bush are the same on:

Wars, bailouts, taxes, growing Government, deficits, spying on Americans, homeland security, the patriot act and now overtimes rules.

I take it you liked Bush a whole lot. Either that or you really hate Obama. I don't get it.... Wait, Obama = Dem = Perfection... Bush = Rep = Hell-spawn.

Good move by our President.

Yes, when low end management starts getting laid off because they have to pay more and that means they can hire better, more experienced people, then the people you got laid off will be yours, they'll vote for you.

Forum List

Back