Obama: People who earn more are merely "Society's lottery winners"

I'd like to add two new marginal tax tiers, 44.9% and 49.9%. Across the board. Oops!

Did you think you "had" me there? Wanna try again?

My politics are clearly too complicated for run-of-the-mill hardcore partisan ideologues like you. I'm used to it, I know how you people are.

And your fixation on me is getting a little creepy.

Why do you think punishing success is a good strategy?

Why do you think a nation can run on no revenue?
Why is your only way to argue a strawman fallacy?

If you believe taxation is punishing success and punishing success is a bad strategy, then you must believe we should not punish success, therefore we should not tax.

If we don't tax we don't get any revenue. You made an argument for no revenue.
You've made an excellent argument. For the fact that you're fucking stupid.

Are you retracting your claim that taxation punishes success?

Are you retracting your claim that punishing success is a bad strategy?

Why do you think punishing success is a good strategy?

Why do you think a nation can run on no revenue?
Why is your only way to argue a strawman fallacy?

If you believe taxation is punishing success and punishing success is a bad strategy, then you must believe we should not punish success, therefore we should not tax.

If we don't tax we don't get any revenue. You made an argument for no revenue.
You've made an excellent argument. For the fact that you're fucking stupid.

Are you retracting your claim that taxation punishes success?

Are you retracting your claim that punishing success is a bad strategy?
I am not retracting my claim that you are one of the biggest dunderheads on this board.

11238972_918241624884006_5100629551206850472_n.jpg

Thomas Sowell is god among men.

Oh, so you guys think of him as sort of a .....MESSIAH?

What he says about Obama I would say about every politician and also a well known cable channel, Fox.

Just so I know whether or not to add you to the ignore list, do you support this comment by Obama (society lottery winners)?

Some people, like the Kennedy's and Gore, Trump, inherited their money from bootlegging and tobacco and real estate but more than not the American people work very hard to be successful in life.

Some people, like the Kennedy's and Gore, Trump, inherited their money from bootlegging and tobacco and real estate but more than not the American people work very hard to be successful in life.
Actually not really. Yeah Kennedy was a trust fund kid. But Gore has worked fairly hard trying to scare people with global warming. Trump has worked very hard developing property and now as a celebrity.

President Obama referred yesterday to the wealthy as "society's lottery winners", as though the only reason they were wealthy is because they got lucky one time. No mention of years of training, hard work, risks, 20-hour workdays, failure, recovery, and eventual success.

It's just more of the same attempt to pretend there's nothing wrong with taking they money and resources from those who earned them.

Private people who do this are called "thieves", and are prosecuted and jailed as they deserve.

Public people who do the same are called "liberals", and are immune from the prosecution and jail terms they deserve.

--------------------------------------------------

Keying on poverty Obama suggests high earners hit lottery

Keying on poverty, Obama suggests high earners hit 'lottery'

By Angela Greiling Keane BLOOMBERG NEWS
Updated today at 4:03 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Unless Democrats and Republicans can agree to raise taxes on the earnings of hedge-fund and private-equity managers, there is little chance the nation can make a meaningful dent in poverty, President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

Obama, whose long-standing proposal to raise taxes on what is known as carried interest has gained little traction in Congress, said fairness demands that the nation's wealthiest pitch in as more and more Americans are falling behind.

"If I were able to close that loophole, I'd be able to invest in early-childhood education," Obama said Tuesday. "If we can't ask from society's lottery winners to make that modest investment, then really this conversation is for show."

The president has often said the wealthiest Americans must make sacrifices to better life for poorer people. In addition to urging higher taxes for investment managers, he questioned whether the pay of some corporate chief executives is justified.

Acorns really can spin with just the slightest twist of the wrist.

The top 25 hedge fund managers earn more than all kindergarten teachers in U.S. combined

"""In 2012, the nation had about 158,000 kindergarten teachers, excluding whose who work in special education. The average salary was $53,480.

So. What about the other end of the spectrum? An annual ranking of top hedge fund managers found that the 25 most successful pulled in $11.62 billion in 2014."""

imrs.php

Not one RWNJ admitted that Obama was referring to special tax breaks enjoyed in the hedge fund industry that the rest of us don't get.

What a surprise!

Not one RWNJ admitted that Obama was referring to special tax breaks enjoyed in the hedge fund industry that the rest of us don't get.

What a surprise!

Yea...and I imagine "you didn't build that" referred to roads

President Obama referred yesterday to the wealthy as "society's lottery winners", as though the only reason they were wealthy is because they got lucky one time. No mention of years of training, hard work, risks, 20-hour workdays, failure, recovery, and eventual success.

It's just more of the same attempt to pretend there's nothing wrong with taking they money and resources from those who earned them.

Private people who do this are called "thieves", and are prosecuted and jailed as they deserve.

Public people who do the same are called "liberals", and are immune from the prosecution and jail terms they deserve.

--------------------------------------------------

Keying on poverty Obama suggests high earners hit lottery

Keying on poverty, Obama suggests high earners hit 'lottery'

By Angela Greiling Keane BLOOMBERG NEWS
Updated today at 4:03 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Unless Democrats and Republicans can agree to raise taxes on the earnings of hedge-fund and private-equity managers, there is little chance the nation can make a meaningful dent in poverty, President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

Obama, whose long-standing proposal to raise taxes on what is known as carried interest has gained little traction in Congress, said fairness demands that the nation's wealthiest pitch in as more and more Americans are falling behind.

"If I were able to close that loophole, I'd be able to invest in early-childhood education," Obama said Tuesday. "If we can't ask from society's lottery winners to make that modest investment, then really this conversation is for show."

The president has often said the wealthiest Americans must make sacrifices to better life for poorer people. In addition to urging higher taxes for investment managers, he questioned whether the pay of some corporate chief executives is justified.

Acorns really can spin with just the slightest twist of the wrist.

The top 25 hedge fund managers earn more than all kindergarten teachers in U.S. combined

"""In 2012, the nation had about 158,000 kindergarten teachers, excluding whose who work in special education. The average salary was $53,480.

So. What about the other end of the spectrum? An annual ranking of top hedge fund managers found that the 25 most successful pulled in $11.62 billion in 2014."""

imrs.php

So what? If you don't want hedge fund managers to make what they make don't invest in hedge funds.

If you want kindergarten teachers to make more money then by all means take your money and give it to them.

What a surprise!

Uhmm taxpayer funds built the roads. Government employees are just paid employees not our benefactors who build roads for us.

I don't know about that Owebama ...

But everything I got, I did myself

I didn't need no parents, no skools, no relatives, no Gubmint...it was all me
That's why you're a millionaire? After all, you had the same advantages as the people who got rich off those roads, schools, etc. Right?

I made my millions the hard way....sweat, hard work , cheating on my taxes

LOL, you worked hard, now that's funny

That's why you're a millionaire? After all, you had the same advantages as the people who got rich off those roads, schools, etc. Right?

Being a Paid Messageboard Poster is not for the weak at heart

No one is paying you to parrot the same Democrat talking points millions of liberal posters do on their own for free

What a surprise!

Uhmm taxpayer funds built the roads. Government employees are just paid employees not our benefactors who build roads for us.

Government doesn't even build roads, they just buy them

No one is paying you to parrot the same Democrat talking points millions of liberal posters do on their own for free

Bullshit

Read below my screen name....couldn't say it if it weren't true

What a surprise!

Is there like a big sale or something where companies build roads and sell them to the Government?

What a surprise!

Is there like a big sale or something where companies build roads and sell them to the Government?

No, they put the work up for bid. Figures you wouldn't know that

What a surprise!

Who writes the specifications, evaluates the bids and supervises the contract?

Who writes the specifications, evaluates the bids and supervises the contract?
These days? Mexicans.

Forum List

Back