Obama Planning On Pardoning Thousands Of Criminals

The pardons will instantly create thousands of future Democrat Party voters. ... :cool:

Yes it will...but your count is off. That only counts those released

Millions are more likely since those thousands have families and friends who understood that those people did not belong in prison.

Face it, OBAMA and the DEMS are going to benefit from this redress of injustice.

It's only about 80 years late

The pardons will instantly create thousands of future Democrat Party voters. ... :cool:

Millions are more likely since those thousands have families and friends who understood that those people did not belong in prison.

Face it, OBAMA and the DEMS are going to benefit from this redress of injustice.

lets hope one doesn't end up on any of your doorsteps wanting what you own so they have money for their next fix and remember they are just harmless and was jailed for no good reasons
and if that happens, you can thank that Obama because all he was looking at, was votes and likely voters in the future

Last edited:

Buying votes through executive fiat.....

I think it should be a felony to use one's office to buy votes, be it thru taxes, campaign funds, or using political influence.

Strange how liberals think this crapola is kosher now, but if Romney or Bush did it, all hell would break loose...

before they let these Criminals loose on us they will have people in the jails to sign them for welfare because there isn't enough jobs for us let alone them and the millions of illegal immigrants they plan on giving special treatment over YOU

my gawd save us from these people, and I mean the ones in this administration.

Welfare is cheaper than prison

So is Capital Punishment.....

Good point. Next time some fruitloops threaton federal agents with guns, time to hang a bunch of them for treason.

The sentencing of people for growing and distributing pot has been a travesty for my entire life. They give someone that kills a child less time than someone caught with an ounce of pot.

What is tying the tails of the 'Conservatives' in knots is this is a popular move with most sane Americans, liberal or conservative.

I think it should be a felony to use one's office to buy votes, be it thru taxes, campaign funds, or using political influence.

Strange how liberals think this crapola is kosher now, but if Romney or Bush did it, all hell would break loose...

Now, now, our dear government employee, doing what the majority of Americans believe to be just is good policy and good politics.

Now, now, our dear government employee, doing what the majority of Americans believe to be just is good policy and good politics.

Provide a link that says most feel corrupt government is good policy.

Good point. Next time some fruitloops threaton federal agents with guns, time to hang a bunch of them for treason.

The sentencing of people for growing and distributing pot has been a travesty for my entire life. They give someone that kills a child less time than someone caught with an ounce of pot.

What is tying the tails of the 'Conservatives' in knots is this is a popular move with most sane Americans, liberal or conservative.
Who's been thrown in prison for an ounce of pot?

If your wetdream comes true and militiamen get hung or even thrown in prison I think it will have the opposite effect you think.

Welfare is cheaper than prison

So is Capital Punishment.....

I agree with respect to pot.

I have issues with letting criminals loose at the same moment one is busy making criminals out of law abiding citizens....

Let us say a law is passed and the penalty for breaking the law is ten years in prison and a number of and people are serving that ten year sentence. The government then changes the sentence to five years, and a question arises: is it fair that those that have already served five years continue to serve the entire ten year sentence?

Let us say a law is passed and the penalty for breaking the law is ten years in prison and a number of and people are serving that ten year sentence. The government then changes the sentence to five years, and a question arises: is it fair that those that have already served five years continue to serve the entire ten year sentence?

Yes, because that was the sentence at the time.

But this program that g9000 claims is nonexistent, only applies to criminals that already have served 10 years.

Hey, our dictator doesn't care FOR our laws, he just orders his people under him to change them
And they don't care if you the people want them let out of jail OR NOT

SNIP:
DOJ announces clemency overhaul, allows release for some after 10 years

Published April 23, 2014
·FoxNews.com

The Justice Department moved Wednesday to significantly expand the number of people eligible for clemency, issuing new guidelines allowing certain prisoners who already have served at least 10 years behind bars to apply for release.

The initiative is part of a broader Obama administration effort to ease sentences for nonviolent drug offenders.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole outlined the changes, which include six separate criteria inmates must meet to be eligible, on Wednesday morning. Among the requirements is that inmates must have served at least 10 years of their federal sentence and not have a "significant criminal history." They must be "non-violent, low-level offenders" with no significant ties to major gangs, have a record of good conduct in prison and have no history of violence.

Finally, the process will be open to those who likely would have gotten a lesser sentence if convicted of the same offense today.

"Older, stringent punishments that are out of line with sentences imposed under today's laws erode people's confidence in our criminal justice system. I am confident that this initiative will go far to promote the most fundamental of American ideals -- equal justice under the law," Cole said.

He said the department plans to launch the initiative "quickly and effectively."

Cole suggested attorneys in the Justice Department are on board, though separate efforts to curb mandatory minimum sentencing have drawn complaints from the rank and file.
The National Association of Assistant Untied States Attorneys wrote to Attorney General Eric Holder in January arguing that the current sentencing system is "worth preserving" -- and that mandatory minimums give prosecutors "leverage to secure cooperation from defendants."

ALL of it here
DOJ announces clemency overhaul, allows release for some after 10 years | Fox News

I don't know why we are paying for A CONGRESS

Last edited:

But this program that g9000 claims is nonexistent, only applies to criminals that already have served 10 years.

I disagree. If a non-violent drug offender has served the time that he/she would have been required to serve under newer sentencing guidelines, I have no problem with letting him/her out.

I disagree. If a non-violent drug offender has served the time that he/she would have been required to serve under newer sentencing guidelines, I have no problem with letting him/her out.

Nor do I, but it should be on a case by case basis, not a blanket release of thousands of people.

before they let these Criminals loose on us they will have people in the jails to sign them for welfare because there isn't enough jobs for us let alone them and the millions of illegal immigrants they plan on giving special treatment over YOU

Releasing these people from prison is a capitalist's dream come true. By increasing the number of workers vying for the same number of jobs, wages can be driven down even further.

Hell, what's even BETTER than that is the fact that people who get paid more money than employers would prefer to pay (perhaps like you or others in your family) can then be let go and replaced with new cheaper labor who would be oh-so-grateful to have your job at perhaps half of what you were earning.

Releasing these people from prison is a capitalist's dream come true. By increasing the number of workers vying for the same number of jobs, wages can be driven down even further.

Hell, what's even BETTER than that is the fact that people who get paid more money than employers would prefer to pay (perhaps like you or others in your family) can then be let go and replaced with new cheaper labor who would be oh-so-grateful to have your job at perhaps half of what you were earning.
Commie propaganda. There are plenty of people looking for jobs now. More people than jobs, in other words. Adding more looking won't change the equation. Plus a criminal record is going to put them on the bottom of the heap. Ask Obama what his plan is, maybe they will all become ACA enrollee drones.

And if you had run a business for at least one day you'd know that having an employee that knows what they are doing is invaluable to the business, is part of the business and you can't simply replace them with unskilled labor.

Nor do I, but it should be on a case by case basis, not a blanket release of thousands of people.

I can agree with you there.
I would expect a review of each case.

What is a "blanket release"?

What makes you think that each of those imaginary "thousands" being released aren't being thoroughly investigated before release?

Commie propaganda. There are plenty of people looking for jobs now. More people than jobs, in other words. Adding more looking won't change the equation. Plus a criminal record is going to put them on the bottom of the heap. Ask Obama what his plan is, maybe they will all become ACA enrollee drones.

And if you had run a business for at least one day you'd know that having an employee that knows what they are doing is invaluable to the business, is part of the business and you can't simply replace them with unskilled labor.

OK, so do I understand you correctly that you think release from jail should be contingent on economic conditions?

I appreciate what you are saying here.
But with all the opportunities available to the motivated in the United States, if you haven't educated yourself, or made yourself a more valuable employee than any ol' con that can be snatched off the street - I have to think you've been doing something wrong.

There has to be a careful review of each case. If they just release inmates based on time served alone it won't end well since many of those were plead down from much more serious charges.

Forum List

Back