Obama Planning On Pardoning Thousands Of Criminals

You seem eager to invent things and then believe them.

What if someone who was caught with 3 grams of crack is serving a sentence of 10 years while someone who was caught with the same amount of cocaine is serving 2 years? Would it be as outrageous as you want to believe if the crack guy has served 5 years and is let go while the cocaine guy is made to serve his full 2 years?

That is what is actually at issue here. It appears criminals caught with crack are given harsher sentences than criminals caught with cocaine. Holder and Obama are looking into whether this perception is true, and if it has any racial bias.

Anecdotal - so take it for what it is worth - but my buddy who is a D.A. says that is exactly what happens. The thinking was that the price of cocaine would keep abuse down, but crack is apparently a lot cheaper so they had to come up with a different deterrent.

If crack is a lot cheaper than cocaine, then it stands to reason that crack will be more accessible to the poor than cocaine. Since blacks are overrepresented in the lower income strata, the result of going along with your D.A. friend's way of thinking would be that blacks would suffer the longer incarcerations disproportionately.

Yes, exactly (however my D.A. buddy didn't write those sentencing guidelines - the state of Tennessee did.) That's how it works out.

I can see it now: there will be blacks with crack offenses let go while whites with powder offences serve full sentences! Will that make you stupid fucking liberals happy?

What if someone who was caught with 3 grams of crack is serving a sentence of 10 years while someone who was caught with the same amount of cocaine is serving 2 years? Stipulating no other criminal differences between the two convicts, would it be as outrageous as you want to believe if the crack guy has served 5 years and is let go while the cocaine guy is made to serve his full 2 years?

That is what is actually at issue here. It appears criminals caught with crack are given harsher sentences than criminals caught with cocaine. The DOJ, under Holder, is looking into whether this perception is true, and if it has any racial bias.
You misconstrued my assertion: My claim is that Obama will pardon blacks, based on their color - he will use the law claiming it is racist! Crack is the same as powder coke less one molecule, but lawmakers decided while the war on drug bandwagon was rolling, harsher laws should be applicable for crack - it was the "epidemic" ! There are plenty of whites incarcerated for crack incidentally. If you don't like the law, then you change it - you don't circumvent it, or pretend it doesn't exist ( immigration ) and pardon a group who violated it. I think everyone should be pardoned for drugs - don't just pick the poor black man!

Obama, and Holder would make the same claim with harsh gang laws; saying they target minorities since almost all gangbangers are minorities. :eusa_whistle: The fact is that minorities disproportionately break the law. Were crack laws created with getting blacks off the streets in mind; racist? Probably - they knew that blacks have a greater propensity for violence, and committed many murders fighting for drug turf - something the white powder guy doesn't do. :eusa_boohoo:

If the crack, and cocain laws were identical, there would still be a shit load of blacks to every white guy locked up for it :badgrin:

I can see it now: there will be blacks with crack offenses let go while whites with powder offences serve full sentences! Will that make you stupid fucking liberals happy?

What if someone who was caught with 3 grams of crack is serving a sentence of 10 years while someone who was caught with the same amount of cocaine is serving 2 years? Stipulating no other criminal differences between the two convicts, would it be as outrageous as you want to believe if the crack guy has served 5 years and is let go while the cocaine guy is made to serve his full 2 years?

That is what is actually at issue here. It appears criminals caught with crack are given harsher sentences than criminals caught with cocaine. The DOJ, under Holder, is looking into whether this perception is true, and if it has any racial bias.
You misconstrued my assertion: then you change it - you don't circumvent it, or pretend it doesn't exist ( immigration ) and pardon a group who violated it. I think everyone should be pardoned for drugs - don't just pick the poor black man!

Obama, and Holder would make the same claim with harsh gang laws; saying they target minorities since almost all gangbangers are minorities. :eusa_whistle: The fact is that minorities disproportionately break the law. Were crack laws created with getting blacks off the streets in mind; racist? Probably - they knew that blacks have a greater propensity for violence, and committed many murders fighting for drug turf - something the white powder guy doesn't do. :eusa_boohoo:

I know trying to understand you will be a mistake, but nevertheless, are you attempting to theorize Obama and holder will give clemency to blacks and not whites for the same crime?

"My claim is that Obama will pardon blacks, based on their color - he will use the law claiming it is racist! Crack is the same as powder coke less one molecule, but lawmakers decided while the war on drug bandwagon was rolling, harsher laws should be applicable for crack - it was the "epidemic" ! There are plenty of whites incarcerated for crack incidentally."

If you don't like the law, then you change it - you don't circumvent it, or pretend it doesn't exist

So if you don't like the law giving the POTUS the power to commute sentences ... then change it.

If you don't like the law, then you change it - you don't circumvent it, or pretend it doesn't exist

So if you don't like the law giving the POTUS the power to commute sentences ... then change it.
If he commutes the sentences of minorities only, then he would be usurping his power! He should pardon all crack offenses, if sentence disparity is his impetus!

If he commutes the sentences of minorities only, then he would be usurping his power! He should pardon all crack offenses, if sentence disparity is his impetus!

If if if
If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butt when they hop.

Why do you feel the need to create some hypothetical situation to bitch and moan about. Is Obama so perfect that you have to imagine mistakes? Why not focus on the things that are actually happening?

First Obama frees em, then he carts em around from one polling place to another voting for Democraps.......nobody cares if they can vote or not. They'll still vote. Under assumed names if they have to. Anything to keep from getting thrown back in jail.

Please tell me you're just being a hyperbolic drama queen and that you don't actually believe any of that.

And did you really just suggest that people released from prison for drug possession are going to go out and commit voter fraud to keep from going to jail?

If if if

Why do you feel the need to create some hypothetical situation to bitch and moan about. Is Obama so perfect that you have to imagine mistakes? Why not focus on the things that are actually happening?
The thread is about a plan to pardon drug offenders - he hasn't done it yet so it is about if ... dumb ass!

I'm not mad at it.

I don't believe in our drug laws period. I don't care whatever seal coat they paint it with. It doesn't change my day.

I don't believe in our speeding laws either, but at the time if I was caught speeding I broke the law, no matter how unfair it may seem.

What Obama and Holder are doing is inserting racism where it doesn't exist and going ahead and righting imaginary wrongs through pardons, totally abusing the practice.

But, what else is new.

I suspect that Obama is literally capable of anything in his final years. We aren't safe as long as this racist American hating empty-suit remains in office.

i am personally hoping for fema camps.
what you suspect literally means nothing.

I don't believe in our speeding laws either, but at the time if I was caught speeding I broke the law, no matter how unfair it may seem.

What Obama and Holder are doing is inserting racism where it doesn't exist and going ahead and righting imaginary wrongs through pardons, totally abusing the practice.

But, what else is new.

I suspect that Obama is literally capable of anything in his final years. We aren't safe as long as this racist American hating empty-suit remains in office.

Your fear of Obama is irrational, always has been.

If you say so.

He's much worse than even I have stated.

He's dangerous because politics overrules common-sense.

Perfect example is how he continues to gut the military at the same time China and Russia are expanding. Suicide in my opinion. He considers conservatives a greater threat than a nuclear power overseas.

Weeeeeeeeeee from the crazy!

Then the RWNs will put them back in jail when they get the WH .. Oh yeah, they aren't going to get the WH ever again.

I guess you have little knowledge of the action of a pardon. The only way they will go back to jail is if they commit another crime and are convicted of such. The RW has no say in it whatsoever.

I guess you have no sense of humor ... :cuckoo:

i didnt see any humor either.

The addicts will be upon us like zombies in the walking dead. It could be a reality show.

If if if

The thread is about a plan to pardon drug offenders - he hasn't done it yet so it is about if ... dumb ass!

An early release for time served is not the same thing as a pardon.

My guess (for what it's worth) is that President Obama would not issue a blanket pardon to thousands or even hundreds of prisoners without a case by case analysis of the crime itself. An early release or an early parole is another matter entirely.

Thank God the druggies will have jobs waiting for them when they are released, what with Obabble's booming economy. If they can't build infrastructure...they can pander product in Chicago.

Thank God the druggies will have jobs waiting for them when they are released, what with Obabble's booming economy. If they can't build infrastructure...they can pander product in Chicago.
Or we can have druggies with jobs which bolster the economy:
Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

Prisons are for people who hurt other people. And the argument that "dope dealers" contribute to harm is made moot by the existence of the tobacco and liquor industries.

There is no question that unconstrained capitalism inevitably will begin to feed on itself, a circumstance which is plainly manifest in the privatized prison system wherein some judges already have been convicted of accepting bribes to imprison minor offenders who under normal circumstances would not, and should not, have been confined. There is something clearly perverse about deriving a profit by punishing others.

The War on Drugs and its inevitable consequences is and always has been a goddam shame and it is getting worse! What Obama is doing is a good thing but it's taken him long enough to get around to addressing this critical issue.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back