Obama prosecutes 3 navy seals who captured terrorist

Why do you care if a mass murdering terrorist, who mutilated, burned, and publically hung 4 americans gets a bloody lip when he is captured?:cuckoo:

Why do you not care about the law? Do you not understand that the law is above all men? Why do you not care about soldiers lying in violation of U.S. law? Do you think Navy Seals should be held above the law?

Navy SEALS are heroes in my book. These men accomplish things that most of us would never contemplate doing in a million years.

Does their hero status place them above the law?

I am sure these guys will be exonerated.

If they are innocent they will be. But I wouldn't think charges of making false statements would have been filed if their wasn't rock solid proof of it. We shall see.

Navy SEALS are heroes in my book. These men accomplish things that most of us would never contemplate doing in a million years.

Does their hero status place them above the law?

I am sure these guys will be exonerated.

If they are innocent they will be. But I wouldn't think charges of making false statements would have been filed if their wasn't rock solid proof of it. We shall see.

Sounds to me like you are more than happy to think that the SEALS did in fact punch this guy.

Me. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing their side of the story. After all, terrorists have been told to lie if captured. If I were a terrorists I'd lie my ass off too.

Lets not forget the fact that the SEALS were the ones pushing for the CM. Don't know about you but that speaks volumes to me.

The SEALS are still heroes in my book.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you are more than happy to think that the SEALS did in fact punch this guy.

Sounds to me you're more than happy to tell me what I think without even asking.

Me. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing their side of the story.

I'm confused as to why you think either of our opinions should matter. That's why we have a court system. They will decide, its not up to you or me nor could we hope to have the same level of information about the case as the court.

After all, terrorists have been told to lie if captured. If I were a terrorists I'd lie my ass off too.

OK. So? You're talking to the wrong person. If you think they are being wrongfully prosecuted, you should talk to this guy:

766-6196.gif

Should they be held above the law? Should it be legal for them to make false official statements, because they are SEALs ?

Sounds to me you're more than happy to tell me what I think without even asking.

Me. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing their side of the story.

I'm confused as to why you think either of our opinions should matter. That's why we have a court system. They will decide, its not up to you or me nor could we hope to have the same level of information about the case as the court.

After all, terrorists have been told to lie if captured. If I were a terrorists I'd lie my ass off too.

OK. So? You're talking to the wrong person. If you think they are being wrongfully prosecuted, you should talk to this guy:

766-6196.gif

Should they be held above the law? Should it be legal for them to make false official statements, because they are SEALs ?

Ummm. Ya kinda sorta left out the part about the SEALS beiing the party pushing for the CM. Doesn't sound like guilty guys to me. How about you??

As for talking to "this guy" If you mean the terrorist. It stands to reason he would lie to everyone. That would include you and me.

As for the "False Official Statements" Hmm guess they will have to find out if they were indeed false now won't they??

The CM will indeed reach a decision and only time will tell on that.

Last edited:
Maj. General Cleveland defended the court-martial in a response to Burton writing, "The abuse of a detainee, no matter how minor, creates strategic repercussions that harm our nation's security and ultimately costs the lives of U.S. citizens."

The question or debate is: Is the General wrong?

Yes the General is wrong. As a matter of fact there were several missteps in the chain of command that led to this. It never should have gotten past the SEAL's command they were assigned to at the time....bad decision making is what's caused this whole molehill to be turned into the Himalaya's. When a suspect is captured by the Police and resists arrest, the smack down is placed upon his ass.....is that what happened here? Maybe. I think it's more than likely the terrorist is lying and this will be proven in the Courts Martial.

766-6196.gif

Ya....fictional stories about military trials carry a heavy weight in the decision to prosecute...:booze: :lol:

I can hear it now, SEAL Commander: "Well, let's ask Kevin Bacon what we should do. Then let's consult with Sean Penn. After all they both made anti-war movies so they know best."

As usual liberals/progressives side with the terrorists.

As usual, another conservative proves himself to be an asshole without data or brains.

What a stupid fucking remark, even from a righty. Tell it to those liberals who are serving right now and have already served, shit head.:cuckoo:

As usual liberals/progressives side with the terrorists.

As usual, another conservative proves himself to be an asshole without data or brains.

What a stupid fucking remark, even from a righty. Tell it to those liberals who are serving right now and have already served, shit head.:cuckoo:

:clap2: Mark it down, I agree with the Colonel. First time for everything.

It seems to me rather silly to threaten the sharp end of your military with punishment for getting the job done, it might affect further missions

Whatever....if these seals were wrong, they will be prosecuted. If they did nothing wrong, they will be fine. That is the purpose of a trial.

Easy enough to figure out.

Maj. General Cleveland defended the court-martial in a response to Burton writing, "The abuse of a detainee, no matter how minor, creates strategic repercussions that harm our nation's security and ultimately costs the lives of U.S. citizens."

Yes the General is wrong. As a matter of fact there were several missteps in the chain of command that led to this. It never should have gotten past the SEAL's command they were assigned to at the time....bad decision making is what's caused this whole molehill to be turned into the Himalaya's. When a suspect is captured by the Police and resists arrest, the smack down is placed upon his ass.....is that what happened here? Maybe. I think it's more than likely the terrorist is lying and this will be proven in the Courts Martial.

You know more than the general about this matter. Nice.

Whatever....if these seals were wrong, they will be prosecuted. If they did nothing wrong, they will be fine. That is the purpose of a trial.

Easy enough to figure out.
The purpose of this trial may be to divert public opinion from the real torture carried out at US bases

I would like to think that our military brass would have to have more than a verbal allegation from a terror suspect in order for this to have gotten this far.

What a fucking pussy.

FOXNews.com - GOP Reps. Want Charges Dropped Against SEALs Accused of Abusing Terror Suspect

Two Republican lawmakers are seeking to have charges dropped against three Navy SEALs facing court-martial for accusations of abusing a terror suspect arrested for an ambush killing of U.S. contractors in Iraq.

The SEALs -- Special Warfare Operators 2nd Class Matthew McCabe and Jonathan Keefe and Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Julio Huertas -- were part of a team that in September 2009 captured Ahmed Hashim Abed, the Al Qaeda terrorist behind the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA contractors in Fallujah in 2004.

The contractors' bodies were burned and left hanging from a bridge. The image came to symbolize the rise of Al Qaeda in Iraq and the brutality of the enemy Americans face there.

McCabe is accused of punching Abed in the stomach and giving him a bloody lip during the arrest.

All I can say, is "when will this radicalism end? The shame this administration is bringing to our country greatly weighs heavy on my heart. We are in reverse. After all the efforts and sacrifices since the Revolutionary War...that made us a free people.

I would like to think that our military brass would have to have more than a verbal allegation from a terror suspect in order for this to have gotten this far.

The reason its gone this far is because the accused SEALS opted for a CM to prove their innocence.

They say they never struck this guy and they want to prove it. They do not want this in their personell files.

The CM should bring the facts out.

What a fucking pussy.

FOXNews.com - GOP Reps. Want Charges Dropped Against SEALs Accused of Abusing Terror Suspect

Two Republican lawmakers are seeking to have charges dropped against three Navy SEALs facing court-martial for accusations of abusing a terror suspect arrested for an ambush killing of U.S. contractors in Iraq.

The SEALs -- Special Warfare Operators 2nd Class Matthew McCabe and Jonathan Keefe and Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Julio Huertas -- were part of a team that in September 2009 captured Ahmed Hashim Abed, the Al Qaeda terrorist behind the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA contractors in Fallujah in 2004.

The contractors' bodies were burned and left hanging from a bridge. The image came to symbolize the rise of Al Qaeda in Iraq and the brutality of the enemy Americans face there.

McCabe is accused of punching Abed in the stomach and giving him a bloody lip during the arrest.

Figures, he just azz kisses the far left to keep em happy,, Murtha would be cheering.

you know....you cons never cease to amaze me with the absolute silliness that comes off your typing fingers........

why blame obama and eric holder..........what a bunch of dung! they are being tried in military court....it has nothing to do with eric holder charging them?????????????????

so when did the obamie give up being cic? :confused:

The reason its gone this far is because the accused SEALS opted for a CM to prove their innocence.

They say they never struck this guy and they want to prove it. They do not want this in their personell files.

The CM should bring the facts out.

What you don't understand about the UCMJ is this...it could have been a counseling session in the CO's office and that would HAVE BEEN THE END OF IT!!! The CO opted to pursue charges because the terrorist made allegations and asked for a lawyer.

when did the obamie give up being cic? :confused:/QUOTE]

Yes, you are confused, because your statement demonstrates just how much you don't know about the military justice system, the safeguards of accountability and responsibility built into it, and the real efforts by chains of command to not unfairly influence the subordinate convening authorities.

Stop kneejerking and start thinking, willow.

Forum List

Back