Obama prosecutes 3 navy seals who captured terrorist

Maj. General Cleveland defended the court-martial in a response to Burton writing, "The abuse of a detainee, no matter how minor, creates strategic repercussions that harm our nation's security and ultimately costs the lives of U.S. citizens."

The question or debate is: Is the General wrong?

Yes.

i don't think so. The general is looking at the big picture and you're looking at one small tiny corner of it.

Oh excuse the f- out of me. I'm saving my Marines and my own ass. You can take that "big picture" as you call it and load up your weapon with it and we'll see how well you do, bubba.

Navy SEALs Charged with Assault: The Human Factor | Navy SEALs Blog by USNavySEALs.com

foxnews and the congressmen say the lip punching happened during the arrest.

i read it happened when object amber was detained.

would it make any difference to any of you, if the seals hit a detained prisoner instead of hitting him while trying to subdue during arrest?

i guess not.

USA USA, justice for me not for you.

fucking bunch of assholes

From your article.

The real question is: do we judge these SEALs in the “big picture” or give some allowance for human nature? No one knows what the detainee said to McCabe before the alleged incident occurred. Did Ahmed taunt or ridicule, slander or threaten McCabe? If prisoners should be treated with dignity and respect, shouldn’t those in charge of them be treated the same? How much verbal, emotional and physical abuse must our service members endure?

yeah, i read it. and i find this article to be very good.

i object to the misrepresentation concerning Arrest/Detainment by the media and the lying afterwards.

and of course the shrieking about obama and holder, and the sky is falling.

also this:

On Sept. 1, Abed was a prisoner of the U.S. military, under its control. If he got socked in the gut, that's one thing. If the guys interrogating and detaining him didn't tell the truth about what happened, it's another.
But under no circumstances is the military able or allowed to ignore such allegations, either because protesters stand outside a base or because a congressman demands it, or because an admiral thinks it'll be unpopular.
Military justice isn't perfect, but it's as close as can be made by the men and women sworn to support the system. Thankfully, neither the protesters nor congressmen have any role whatsoever in the proceedings to come.
Military can't ignore allegations | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Maj. General Cleveland defended the court-martial in a response to Burton writing, "The abuse of a detainee, no matter how minor, creates strategic repercussions that harm our nation's security and ultimately costs the lives of U.S. citizens."

They should have never been charged in the first place.

And WHO placed those charges? The commanding officer? The General?

Ultimate responsibility remains always at the top regardless of who submitted the initial charges. It makes no difference if it is a corporation or the government. Accountability always rest on the heads of those with the authority to stop abuses of power. While at war punching some murdering dickhead in the stomach and lip during capture does not amount to abuse, IMO.

IMO, in as much as true abuse was demanded to be addressed, abuse of power or authority is even worse when perpetrated against our military for petty shit like this.

and what about the alleged lying about it to senior officers?

The left has fostered THAT with the whole "guilty until proven innocent" schtick they got going. Or did you miss the late, great John Murtha act?

So, you think this is about treating terrorist like US citizens............LOL... How quickly we forget.

I forget nothing, einstein. They AREN'T US citizens and I treat them in accordance with the Laws of Land Warfare and the Geneva Convention. Terrorists are international criminals. They are NOT enemy combatants. Tehy;re muurdering pieces of shit.

But it's okay if they detonate their dumb asses at a wedding party or in an ammo dump, right?

Whose side are you on, anyway?

What a fucking pussy.

FOXNews.com - GOP Reps. Want Charges Dropped Against SEALs Accused of Abusing Terror Suspect

Two Republican lawmakers are seeking to have charges dropped against three Navy SEALs facing court-martial for accusations of abusing a terror suspect arrested for an ambush killing of U.S. contractors in Iraq.

The SEALs -- Special Warfare Operators 2nd Class Matthew McCabe and Jonathan Keefe and Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Julio Huertas -- were part of a team that in September 2009 captured Ahmed Hashim Abed, the Al Qaeda terrorist behind the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA contractors in Fallujah in 2004.

The contractors' bodies were burned and left hanging from a bridge. The image came to symbolize the rise of Al Qaeda in Iraq and the brutality of the enemy Americans face there.

McCabe is accused of punching Abed in the stomach and giving him a bloody lip during the arrest.

How come the GOP doesn't want the law enforced?

Actually it wouldn't make any difference to me at all. There are a shitload of reasons to hit a detained enemy combatant in flex cuffs.

and what about the alleged lying about it to senior officers?

And? Would you tell on yourself for slapping a detainee? I wouldn't.

i can honestly not say what i would do in this situation. it is almost 100% certain that i will never be someone who abuses a prisoner.

Yes.

i don't think so. The general is looking at the big picture and you're looking at one small tiny corner of it.

The big picture of affording rights to enemy combatants?

You know, I am against torture and have argued passionately against on this very board. However, given the opportunity, I would pour the first bucket on the piece of shit that this guy is charged with striking.

Grow the fuck up people. This is a war. These men are under stress. Not the kind of stress you get when Starbucks screws up you vanilla latte. Actual fucking stress. The kind that comes from hearing the sound of zippers day in and day out while keeping your head down and hoping some fucker nearby hasn't force fed explosives and a cell phone to the donkey that is 20 feet from you. If all this guy did was punch this fucker, then oh well. This piece of shit set civilian contractors on fire and hung them from a bridge. Fuck this guy and his rights. McCabe should have used the blood vane on his K-Bar.

beck-purity-shit.jpg

Obama is moonlighting as a prosecuter now!.....ooops the story is fair - it's Fox!

What a fucking pussy.

FOXNews.com - GOP Reps. Want Charges Dropped Against SEALs Accused of Abusing Terror Suspect

Two Republican lawmakers are seeking to have charges dropped against three Navy SEALs facing court-martial for accusations of abusing a terror suspect arrested for an ambush killing of U.S. contractors in Iraq.

The SEALs -- Special Warfare Operators 2nd Class Matthew McCabe and Jonathan Keefe and Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Julio Huertas -- were part of a team that in September 2009 captured Ahmed Hashim Abed, the Al Qaeda terrorist behind the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA contractors in Fallujah in 2004.

The contractors' bodies were burned and left hanging from a bridge. The image came to symbolize the rise of Al Qaeda in Iraq and the brutality of the enemy Americans face there.

McCabe is accused of punching Abed in the stomach and giving him a bloody lip during the arrest.

The U.S. policy regarding the abuse and torture of suspected terrorists and other detainees is very clear, the U.S. does NOT torture.

Ultimate responsibility remains always at the top regardless of who submitted the initial charges. It makes no difference if it is a corporation or the government. Accountability always rest on the heads of those with the authority to stop abuses of power. While at war punching some murdering dickhead in the stomach and lip during capture does not amount to abuse, IMO.

IMO, in as much as true abuse was demanded to be addressed, abuse of power or authority is even worse when perpetrated against our military for petty shit like this.

soooo, the commanding officer is abusing their own power? or the military person placing the charges was abusing their power??

Not in the field. The ultimate responsibility lies with the small unit commanders' judgment. If I can save one noncombatant's life, or the life of a fellow Marine by sticking some murdering scumbag against a rock with a knife at his throat, plan on it.

And I'm not accepting NJP. They'll have to court marital my ass.

What a fucking pussy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what does obama and crew have to do iwth military courts???

And? Would you tell on yourself for slapping a detainee? I wouldn't.

i can honestly not say what i would do in this situation. it is almost 100% certain that i will never be someone who abuses a prisoner.

That is the difference. I don't see it as abuse.

yeah well, it is a thin line. i don't think we will find out what they did to this one guy. i suspect it was a little more than a punch in the face.

The big picture of affording rights to enemy combatants?

You know, I am against torture and have argued passionately against on this very board. However, given the opportunity, I would pour the first bucket on the piece of shit that this guy is charged with striking.

Grow the fuck up people. This is a war. These men are under stress. Not the kind of stress you get when Starbucks screws up you vanilla latte. Actual fucking stress. The kind that comes from hearing the sound of zippers day in and day out while keeping your head down and hoping some fucker nearby hasn't force fed explosives and a cell phone to the donkey that is 20 feet from you. If all this guy did was punch this fucker, then oh well. This piece of shit set civilian contractors on fire and hung them from a bridge. Fuck this guy and his rights. McCabe should have used the blood vane on his K-Bar.

:clap2:

What a fucking pussy.

The U.S. policy regarding the abuse and torture of suspected terrorists and other detainees is very clear, the U.S. does NOT torture.

This isn't torture douchebag. He is accused of roughing the guy up while detaining him.

What a fucking pussy.

but is punching them when they were arresting them, TORTURE?

ADMITTINGLY, we do NOT have all the facts on this case, but the fox articles said, that's all these guys did....

Forum List

Back