Obama responsible for the partisan rift? Yea right

He came in offering a hand and had it slapped away

He Race Baited during the election.

He ridiculed people of Faith for "clinging to their bibles" and called them racist.

He never truthfully explained what he was doing in Rev. Wright racist and anti-american church.

His offered no hand.
The stimulus bill was his first act as president. It included tax cuts, state control of funding, infrastructure jobs
All things Republicans supported under Bush

Not a single Republican voted for it

Reagan didn't mind working with people who viciously ridiculed him behind his back.

He was a better man than most people. Certainly a better man than me.

I am fine with the idea that Republicans will not work with people who despise them and me.
Obama was too thin-skinned, especially his first four years. People like Rush drove him insane. That's what can happen when you elect someone who doesn't have years of political scarring (read experience). He's never gotten over it; he's still sulking. Yes, he's an arrogant elitist, but he had one hell of a hard row to hoe, coming in just as the country fell into a dangerous recession. Now as he's leaving, he's got ISIS blowing up the world. He did his best and he certainly doesn't deserve the vilification he gets on these threads. He was elected by the majority, remember. What happened to at least respecting the fact that he is our President?
Obamas problem was he thought Republicans would get over their hissy fit and work for the good of the country
He was wrong

He has been a better president since he started to do things without them
Yes, he has stubbornly tried to do what he promised us. And so many people think that is horrid. Poor bastard.

No other President has had to deal with such an intransient political opposition

Let's just remind ourselves of how Republicans have treated Obama over his seven years in office, with a few of the greatest hits. You can start right on the day of his inauguration, when congressional Republicans gathered for a dinner at which they decided that rather than seek areas of cooperation with the new president, they would employ a strategy of maximum confrontation and obstruction in order to deny him any legislative victories.

Republicans say Obama has been historically divisive. That's very, very revealing.

LOL, The LAST President had to deal with the exact same thing.

So when did forgetting about the Bush Years (we are at war with Eurasia) become the party line instead of blaming the Bush years for every bad thing under the sun? (we are at war with Eastasia, we have always been at war with eastasia).

No, Bush did not have to deal with the same thing

Democrats supported Bush on No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D, Post 9-11 initiatives, TARP, auto bailouts

What Obama initiative has a SINGLE Republican supported?
Why are you giving dims credit for working with Bush and not Bush credit for working with dims? 0
When did the dims not work with the boy warrior king? did they defund his war? After his "re"election they did refuse to privatize soc sec. But, W lost popular opinion on that.

However, W betrayed his own party. He was a big gummit spend thrift. Obama promised to be, and has been a liberal elitist.

So the bottom line is Republicans and Democrats worked together before Obozo. The onus should be on the president to make that happen. Obozo has failed, no matter who RW tries to shift the blame on.

So when did forgetting about the Bush Years (we are at war with Eurasia) become the party line instead of blaming the Bush years for every bad thing under the sun? (we are at war with Eastasia, we have always been at war with eastasia).
That essentially is my take as well. There have been laws passed that both parties agree upon. The farm bill was a positive move for a corrupt program, for example.

But, there are two things you don't account for, and what no president in recent history faced. 1) The tea party. These yahoos got elected promising voters they would do what everyone but the gullible knew was impossible, e.g. federal involvement in universal healthcare is never going to go away. Never. 2) And that ugly word race. The first example any RWer put up here was "he sent WH aids to the funeral of a criminal" (Michael Brown, I assume). Eric Holder was Obama's enforcer. Obama knew from day one he as potus could not be the racial lightening rod. But race is a huge factor in criminal justice (and public health and education .....).

Personally, I think the black lives matter stuff is mostly bs. There are some bad cops. And Michael Brown was a bad man who took on a cop and got killed for it. But, Ferguson was just another town that went black, but the political establishment was white guys hanging on for retirement. Not a new story. But, this time, there was a DOJ led by a guy who was gonna bust it. And that's driven some on the AWG front more nuts than ever.

The Tea Party's reach, scope and objectives have been so vilified by the media and democrats, that I surmise that progressives think of them as some sort of boogeyman under the bed.

And people thought prohibition would be around forever, guess how well that prediction did...

Prohibition? what dead brain cell presented that false comparison. the war on drugs may be a comparison there. But, Obama. Healthcare. sit the fock down

Since WWII there's never been a political movement that refuses any compromise on spending and taxes. If you think that's not new, you're being more obtuse that your usual self.

But the TP really cuts both ways. Boehner was hardly a liberal. But the TP couldn't live with him.

The real divisive issue with Obama is race. It's not simply that old AW folk are racist. It's more than that. America is becoming brown. That's a rub for old AW folks. And then you have Obama, who while he's left the ugly work to Holder, really is about taking out white power structure of maj black locals. And, letting blacks on drug charges out of jail. Flint Mi created it's own problems, but Snyder will take the fall, and Obama will sent Flint federal money .... for water. Obama really does perceive racial injustice, and when he can, he attacks. And, it drives some AWGs nuts.

You made an absolutists statement, similar to the one that I can't seem to find, where an Anti-Saloon league guy said in general "prohibition will never go away".

Refusing to compromise would be rejected any budget, ever, that didn't meet ones requirements. You are redefining compromise to equal "give the other side what it wants except for some cosmetic fluff"

As for America going Brown, I have faith that as more minorities become successful, they will realize the futility of progressive causes. Considering my kids will be 1/2 brownish (Bengali) I don't see their color as defining them, something which the left needs to continue to keep their hold on power.
bullshit Marty. You're the absolutist.

How so?

RW is just trying to absolve obozo from having any responsibility, so he blames republicans. It's what hacks do.

He Race Baited during the election.

He ridiculed people of Faith for "clinging to their bibles" and called them racist.

He never truthfully explained what he was doing in Rev. Wright racist and anti-american church.

His offered no hand.
The stimulus bill was his first act as president. It included tax cuts, state control of funding, infrastructure jobs

Reagan didn't mind working with people who viciously ridiculed him behind his back.

He was a better man than most people. Certainly a better man than me.

I am fine with the idea that Republicans will not work with people who despise them and me.
Obama was too thin-skinned, especially his first four years. People like Rush drove him insane. That's what can happen when you elect someone who doesn't have years of political scarring (read experience). He's never gotten over it; he's still sulking. Yes, he's an arrogant elitist, but he had one hell of a hard row to hoe, coming in just as the country fell into a dangerous recession. Now as he's leaving, he's got ISIS blowing up the world. He did his best and he certainly doesn't deserve the vilification he gets on these threads. He was elected by the majority, remember. What happened to at least respecting the fact that he is our President?
Obamas problem was he thought Republicans would get over their hissy fit and work for the good of the country
He was wrong

He has been a better president since he started to do things without them
Yes, he has stubbornly tried to do what he promised us. And so many people think that is horrid. Poor bastard.
Yeah. Bottom line was he promised Ted that he'd not compromise on getting anything less than universal care. And, Obamacare does that, though Roberts changed the law to allow states to opt out. I don't like it, and would like to see it change .... but as LBJ had with medicare, Obama had 61 votes in the senate and the House. And the gop didn't EVER offer up universal tax credits to let people decide what insurance they wanted. NEVER. No, the gop's position was "the federal gummit has no role in making sure everyone has access to health insurance."

Mitt said ER's were the insurance for workers without coverage.

Obama didn't compromise on healthcare or the stimulus. The stimulus is dead and gone. The gop still has no position on universal care, so .... what's the point of complaining Obama didn't compromise?

But, Obama wants to let all the drug dealers out of federal prison (and probably state if he could). Obama is no doubt sincere in being very moved by Sandy Hook. I am too, but I suspect he'd ban high capacity magazines if he could, and I can't go there. Obama likely would support a ban on hand guns in urban Chicago, but if I'm in urban Chicago I want several pistols and very big capacity shotgun. LOL

Marty, you posted the TPM was biz as usual.

"The Tea Party's reach, scope and objectives have been so vilified by the media and democrats, that I surmise that progressives think of them as some sort of boogeyman under the bed.

And people thought prohibition would be around forever, guess how well that prediction did..."

And your bullshit was just not that fallicy of what the TPM is, but also you chose to ignore any racial element to Obama's pissing off the AWG folks. And he has done that in policy and action. It's not that they just shat themselves over having a black FROM HAWAII as potus. They did shat themselves over that, no doubt. But Eric Holder had a presidential mandate to take out Ferguson.

Gee. Could someone point out when Obama worked with the Reps on anything???

Anyone???

No. Didn't think so.

No other President has had to deal with such an intransient political opposition

Let's just remind ourselves of how Republicans have treated Obama over his seven years in office, with a few of the greatest hits. You can start right on the day of his inauguration, when congressional Republicans gathered for a dinner at which they decided that rather than seek areas of cooperation with the new president, they would employ a strategy of maximum confrontation and obstruction in order to deny him any legislative victories.

Republicans say Obama has been historically divisive. That's very, very revealing.

No, Bush did not have to deal with the same thing

Democrats supported Bush on No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D, Post 9-11 initiatives, TARP, auto bailouts

What Obama initiative has a SINGLE Republican supported?
Why are you giving dims credit for working with Bush and not Bush credit for working with dims? 0
When did the dims not work with the boy warrior king? did they defund his war? After his "re"election they did refuse to privatize soc sec. But, W lost popular opinion on that.

However, W betrayed his own party. He was a big gummit spend thrift. Obama promised to be, and has been a liberal elitist.

So the bottom line is Republicans and Democrats worked together before Obozo. The onus should be on the president to make that happen. Obozo has failed, no matter who RW tries to shift the blame on.
Not quite that simple. The TP primaried out anyone who would agree to federal aid for people to buy insurance. So, for the gop to complain "Obama wouldn't compromise on healthcare" is disengenuous. The TP wasn't going to compromise at all. Anyone who accepted a federal role was to be removed from office. Which is what people like Marty choose to ignore.

What the dems offered was unacceptable to even the pre-TP gop. But the fact was, nothing would have been acceptable to the post TP gop. So complaining that Obama won't compromise is simply believing a falsehood.

The dems made no offer to compromise on Porkulus. But, the country really was in full blown panic mode.

The stimulus was a massive failure....all those "shovel ready" jobs and thousands of "green" jobs? You bit it hook, line and sinker. A bunch of people got rich off of it
Stimulus did what it was supposed to do. Infuse money into a collapsing economy

The only problem is it should have been twice the size

The typical progressive response. Throw money at it. Doesn't work? Throw more money at it. Still doesn't work, throw more money at it, and blame Republicans.
It worked

Especially after a typical conservative response. Ignore it and hope it goes away

It didn't

That makes no sense whatsoever.
See the Bush...... Deer in the headlights ..., response to the Great Bush Recession of 2008

Marty, you posted the TPM was biz as usual.

"The Tea Party's reach, scope and objectives have been so vilified by the media and democrats, that I surmise that progressives think of them as some sort of boogeyman under the bed.

And people thought prohibition would be around forever, guess how well that prediction did..."

And your bullshit was just not that fallicy of what the TPM is, but also you chose to ignore any racial element to Obama's pissing off the AWG folks. And he has done that in policy and action. It's not that they just shat themselves over having a black FROM HAWAII as potus. They did shat themselves over that, no doubt. But Eric Holder had a presidential mandate to take out Ferguson.

I fail to see how the Tea Party is this America ending tidal wave you see it as. Smaller government is not advocating no government, argumentum ad abusrdum aside.

And as for the racial element, just because some people hate Obama because he is blackish, doesn't mean people who can't stand his policies, politics or positions is doing it because he is blackish. I am not ignoring any racial elements, I am just dismissing views that make any opposition to him being about race.

Gee. Could someone point out when Obama worked with the Reps on anything???

Anyone???

No. Didn't think so.
marty put up a link, but he then chose to back stroke.

Nothing of the sort. Rightwinger made a statment, I called him on it, and now we are talking about tea parties and angry white men. Add a big hat and a talking rabbit, and you would be in Wonderland.

The stimulus was a massive failure....all those "shovel ready" jobs and thousands of "green" jobs? You bit it hook, line and sinker. A bunch of people got rich off of it

The typical progressive response. Throw money at it. Doesn't work? Throw more money at it. Still doesn't work, throw more money at it, and blame Republicans.
It worked

Especially after a typical conservative response. Ignore it and hope it goes away

It didn't

See the Bush...... Deer in the headlights ..., response to the Great Bush Recession of 2008

Now you are just babbling (which is difficult to do in type, but you seem to make it work)

It worked

It didn't

Now you are just babbling (which is difficult to do in type, but you seem to make it work)
Nice dodge

Guess it's the best you can do when you got nothing

It worked

It didn't

Nice dodge

Nothing in, Nothing out,like the old GIGO from early computing days.

You have been floundering since I called your statement 7 or so pages ago.

It worked

It didn't

Nice dodge

Still reeling from those trivial bills you posted

Nice dodge

Still reeling from those trivial bills you posted

Still feeling the pain of being called out when all you had to do was qualify your statement to avoid it.

Forum List

Back