Obama says GOP incitement on Syria refugees 'needs to stop'

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010

Source: AP

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — President Barack Obama lashed out Wednesday at Republicans who insist on barring Syrian refugees from entering the U.S., deeming their words offensive and insisting "it needs to stop."

"Apparently they're scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America," Obama said.
Mocking GOP leaders for thinking they're tough, Obama said overblown rhetoric from Republicans could be a potent recruitment tool for the Islamic State group. He insisted the U.S. process for screening refugees for possible entry into the U.S. is rigorous and said the U.S. doesn't make good decisions "based on hysteria" or exaggerated risk.

"We are not well served when in response to a terrorist attack we descend into fear and panic," the president said.

Obama's comments during a meeting with Philippine President Benigno Aquino marked his harshest condemnation yet of Republicans' response to the Paris attacks blamed on IS that killed 129 people last week. Republicans in Congress and on the 2016 presidential trail have urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees, but the Obama administration has shown no sign of backing off its plans to bring an additional 10,000 Syrians fleeing civil war into the U.S.

Read more: Associated Press

i don't know..some of them could be isis, but i'd let in woman and kids,

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — President Barack Obama lashed out Wednesday at Republicans who insist on barring Syrian refugees from entering the U.S., deeming their words offensive and insisting "it needs to stop."

"Apparently they're scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America," Obama said.
Mocking GOP leaders for thinking they're tough, Obama said overblown rhetoric from Republicans could be a potent recruitment tool for the Islamic State group. He insisted the U.S. process for screening refugees for possible entry into the U.S. is rigorous and said the U.S. doesn't make good decisions "based on hysteria" or exaggerated risk.

"We are not well served when in response to a terrorist attack we descend into fear and panic," the president said.

Obama's comments during a meeting with Philippine President Benigno Aquino marked his harshest condemnation yet of Republicans' response to the Paris attacks blamed on IS that killed 129 people last week. Republicans in Congress and on the 2016 presidential trail have urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees, but the Obama administration has shown no sign of backing off its plans to bring an additional 10,000 Syrians fleeing civil war into the U.S.

Anyone could be ISIS - either now or later.

Fuck Obama, we know whose side he's on and it ain't America's.

Lets not take men over 14. Everyone else is ok with me.

Lets not take men over 14. Everyone else is ok with me.

You don't think that 14-year-olds can be radicalized in a few years by ISIS - especially if the U.S. refused to accept their parents?

For once I agree with Chris Mathews, send Syrian men over 16 back to Syria to fight their own war versus sending our young to fight their war.

Did he say anything about "Mass murders by terrorists need to stop"?

Or did he confine his remarks to the group he considers the REAL enemy?

And I say to you 'Conservatives', go fuck yourselves. You are small of soul, and mean of spirit.

We do need to eliminate ISIS. We do not need to act if the victims of ISIS are our enemies.

I got an idea, how about we take one for every one taken by Russia, China, the UAE and Saudis?

And I say to you 'Conservatives', go fuck yourselves. You are small of soul, and mean of spirit.

We do need to eliminate ISIS. We do not need to act if the victims of ISIS are our enemies.

They're not our responsibility either.

Apparently Obama flunked constitutional law, someone remind the dimwit congress is an equal branch of government he's not their boss, he's not the boss of state governors either. He's not even the boss of the people he's an employee. If he doesn't like it he's free to quit and go back to community organizing.

Forum List

Back