Obama says GOP incitement on Syria refugees 'needs to stop'

Source: AP

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — President Barack Obama lashed out Wednesday at Republicans who insist on barring Syrian refugees from entering the U.S., deeming their words offensive and insisting "it needs to stop."

"Apparently they're scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America," Obama said.
Mocking GOP leaders for thinking they're tough, Obama said overblown rhetoric from Republicans could be a potent recruitment tool for the Islamic State group. He insisted the U.S. process for screening refugees for possible entry into the U.S. is rigorous and said the U.S. doesn't make good decisions "based on hysteria" or exaggerated risk.

"We are not well served when in response to a terrorist attack we descend into fear and panic," the president said.

Obama's comments during a meeting with Philippine President Benigno Aquino marked his harshest condemnation yet of Republicans' response to the Paris attacks blamed on IS that killed 129 people last week. Republicans in Congress and on the 2016 presidential trail have urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees, but the Obama administration has shown no sign of backing off its plans to bring an additional 10,000 Syrians fleeing civil war into the U.S.

Read more: Associated Press

i don't know..some of them could be isis, but i'd let in woman and kids,
Obozo needs to shut his big mouth.

And I say to you 'Conservatives', go fuck yourselves. You are small of soul, and mean of spirit.

We do need to eliminate ISIS. We do not need to act if the victims of ISIS are our enemies.

BTW in another thread I just read that 13% of the refugees have a positive view of ISIS, does that sound like victims to you?
Statistics are interesting....are yours based on something factual?

And I say to you 'Conservatives', go fuck yourselves. You are small of soul, and mean of spirit.

We do need to eliminate ISIS. We do not need to act if the victims of ISIS are our enemies.

BTW in another thread I just read that 13% of the refugees have a positive view of ISIS, does that sound like victims to you?
Statistics are interesting....are yours based on something factual?

There was a link to the poll posted in another thread, feel free to look it up.

Here's one: SHOCK POLL: Third of Syrian Refugees ISIS Sympathizers, 13 Percent Support - The Gateway Pundit

The problem is that these friggin Muslims won't police themselves. The "moderate" Muslims won't do much of anything to curtail the radical Muslims.

Until the Muslims pull their heads out of their asses and put a stop to the damage caused by the radicals then we should consider all of them our enemy and that includes the shitheads from Syria that Obama is hellbent to bring over here.

Cowards are the most fearful.

Read this article from ABC and I have highlighted what the hypocrite Obama did. I lifted a few excerpts from the article.

Investigative Unit 2013: Al Qaeda in Kentucky

“In 2009, the FBI received an intelligence tip that an Iraqi refugee in Bowling Green, Kentucky, named Waad Ramadan Alwan might by sympathetic to insurgents in his homeland, which he allegedly fled to avoid persecution or death. But as agents began monitoring Alwan and recruited an undercover informant to befriend him, they came to the startling conclusion that Alwan himself had been a terrorist back in Iraq and was now gleefully boasting about having targeted American troops in sniper and bomb attacks. He said he had American G.I.s “for lunch and dinner.”

Alwan, who lived in public housing and received public assistance payments from the U.S. government, soon recruited an unemployed relative in the same sleepy college town, Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, as they joined what in reality was an FBI sting operation to ship heavy weapons such as machine guns and Stinger missiles to al Qaeda in Iraq.

The pair were captured in an FBI surveillance video handling the heavy weapons the FBI said they believed would go half-way around the world to kill American soldiers. The video was obtained during an extensive ABC News investigation of the case for ABC News' “Good Morning America,” “World News with Diane Sawyer” and “Nightline.”

Impact:The case highlighted connections between the two Iraqis living as refugees in Kentucky and a specific August 2005 IED attack that killed four Pennsylvania National Guardsmen patrolling in a humvee near Bayji. After ABC’s broadcasts, congressional leaders alarmed that dozens of possible IED makers and handlers might have slipped into the U.S., asked the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI to explain how the two got into the U.S. as refugees in 2009 without their terrorist ties being known and what security steps have been taken since then -- besides halting Iraqi refugee admissions for half a year in 2011 -- to thwart other terrorists from fraudulently entering the country.

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — President Barack Obama lashed out Wednesday at Republicans who insist on barring Syrian refugees from entering the U.S., deeming their words offensive and insisting "it needs to stop."

"Apparently they're scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America," Obama said.
Mocking GOP leaders for thinking they're tough, Obama said overblown rhetoric from Republicans could be a potent recruitment tool for the Islamic State group. He insisted the U.S. process for screening refugees for possible entry into the U.S. is rigorous and said the U.S. doesn't make good decisions "based on hysteria" or exaggerated risk.

"We are not well served when in response to a terrorist attack we descend into fear and panic," the president said.

Obama's comments during a meeting with Philippine President Benigno Aquino marked his harshest condemnation yet of Republicans' response to the Paris attacks blamed on IS that killed 129 people last week. Republicans in Congress and on the 2016 presidential trail have urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees, but the Obama administration has shown no sign of backing off its plans to bring an additional 10,000 Syrians fleeing civil war into the U.S.

Anyone could be ISIS - either now or later.

Lets not take men over 14. Everyone else is ok with me.
Last night a young female detonated a suicide vest in paris wounding 2 police officers.

Widows and orphans who have been brainwashed by Isis propaganda can be very dangerous. They don't have living family to motivate them not to be a suicide bomber.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with waiting until we can vett refugees before they are eligible to enter the country. Especially since they aren't in Syria facing any real danger, most are in Europe away from fighting at the moment.
Widows and orphans can be very scary. Best hide.

Our country was built on immigration years ago when we weren't so populated. WE are a country of 320,000,000 people and counting. Resources and money are NOT infinite. I don't really care what you do in Australia, TBH. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. I AM concerned what happens in MY country though. I don't want to take in these refugees. IT is too risky and just ONE American life lost to them would be ONE too many.

I read in the Guinness Book of Records that if every human being on the planet had one square meter we'd all fit into the island of Skye off the coast of Scotland. Somebody once said to me the same but used Texas as the example. I don't know which example is true (I'm betting it's the GBoR, but the Isle of Skye is minute compared to Texas, so the Texas example sounds more reasonable). Go get a map of the world, spread it out and look at Texas. Then tell me you don't have more room.

India has huge masses of space and is one third the size of the US, yet has four times the population. You have 35 people per square kilometre - that is 180th in the world - in other words 179 of the 220+ countries in the world have denser populations than you. You have plenty of room.

One American life lost in any circumstances is one too many. What about the millions and millions of immigrants over the past few centuries who haven't taken any Americans lives? Why should they be punished. Your view is very short-sighted...

I really don't think we need advice from someone who lives in a country were the citizens allowed their government to disarm them because of a couple of crazies.
It's so much better to live in a country where everyone buys guns and ammo and is afraid of widows and orphans and dogs and gays and minorities and their own shadows.

Well being the good little followers you are, if memory serves, your little island was involved in all 3, so what exactly does that say about you?

Also you speak of evolution like it's always a good thing, WRONG. You can't continue to import a bunch of 4th world creatures who refuse to adopt your culture and assimilate into your society and maintain your country.

Then you pieces of crap get on your soap box and presume to lecture us because we don't want our country to make the same mistakes. What you're seeing in Europe is just the beginning of their self-induced destruction, so just slip on those knee pads and worship your leftist masters, give up your freedom for a lack of security and enjoy, I'll pass, thank you.

And it was such a popular decision that John Howard got ousted as Prime Minister in 2007. The only reason he didn't get ousted in 2004 was because the economy was doing great. They did a survey in the SMH at the time where they asked readers if the Iraq/Afghanistan war was the only political issue would they vote for Howard. Something like 28percent said they would have. Tells you how popular it was.

I bet that is how the American Indian thought of you forebears - 4th world creatures who failed to adopt to the local culture. That being said, I do agree with you on that point. It is up to the immigrant to adapt to the country, not the other way around.

I have more freedom in my country than you do in yours. And if I was back home in NZ, I'd have even more real freedom. As for Europe, it's doing fine. The influence of Islam is much exaggerated.

Our country was built on immigration years ago when we weren't so populated. WE are a country of 320,000,000 people and counting. Resources and money are NOT infinite. I don't really care what you do in Australia, TBH. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. I AM concerned what happens in MY country though. I don't want to take in these refugees. IT is too risky and just ONE American life lost to them would be ONE too many.

I read in the Guinness Book of Records that if every human being on the planet had one square meter we'd all fit into the island of Skye off the coast of Scotland. Somebody once said to me the same but used Texas as the example. I don't know which example is true (I'm betting it's the GBoR, but the Isle of Skye is minute compared to Texas, so the Texas example sounds more reasonable). Go get a map of the world, spread it out and look at Texas. Then tell me you don't have more room.

India has huge masses of space and is one third the size of the US, yet has four times the population. You have 35 people per square kilometre - that is 180th in the world - in other words 179 of the 220+ countries in the world have denser populations than you. You have plenty of room.

One American life lost in any circumstances is one too many. What about the millions and millions of immigrants over the past few centuries who haven't taken any Americans lives? Why should they be punished. Your view is very short-sighted...

I really don't think we need advice from someone who lives in a country were the citizens allowed their government to disarm them because of a couple of crazies.
It's so much better to live in a country where everyone buys guns and ammo and is afraid of widows and orphans and dogs and gays and minorities and their own shadows.

Talking points from your dear leader, you ever had an original thought?

Well being the good little followers you are, if memory serves, your little island was involved in all 3, so what exactly does that say about you?

Also you speak of evolution like it's always a good thing, WRONG. You can't continue to import a bunch of 4th world creatures who refuse to adopt your culture and assimilate into your society and maintain your country.

Then you pieces of crap get on your soap box and presume to lecture us because we don't want our country to make the same mistakes. What you're seeing in Europe is just the beginning of their self-induced destruction, so just slip on those knee pads and worship your leftist masters, give up your freedom for a lack of security and enjoy, I'll pass, thank you.

And it was such a popular decision that John Howard got ousted as Prime Minister in 2007. The only reason he didn't get ousted in 2004 was because the economy was doing great. They did a survey in the SMH at the time where they asked readers if the Iraq/Afghanistan war was the only political issue would they vote for Howard. Something like 28percent said they would have. Tells you how popular it was.

I bet that is how the American Indian thought of you forebears - 4th world creatures who failed to adopt to the local culture. That being said, I do agree with you on that point. It is up to the immigrant to adapt to the country, not the other way around.

I have more freedom in my country than you do in yours. And if I was back home in NZ, I'd have even more real freedom. As for Europe, it's doing fine. The influence of Islam is much exaggerated.

Exaggerated, really, then why are there areas that London and Paris police and fire brigades won't go? Why are western nations tracking 10's of thousands of muslims as potential problems? Anyone who advocates bringing in more should be required to host 3-4 military aged males.

Anyone could be ISIS - either now or later.

Lets not take men over 14. Everyone else is ok with me.
Last night a young female detonated a suicide vest in paris wounding 2 police officers.

Widows and orphans who have been brainwashed by Isis propaganda can be very dangerous. They don't have living family to motivate them not to be a suicide bomber.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with waiting until we can vett refugees before they are eligible to enter the country. Especially since they aren't in Syria facing any real danger, most are in Europe away from fighting at the moment.
Widows and orphans can be very scary. Best hide.

Importing Muslim military age males is pure insanity, and 70% of the so-called "refugees" fit that description. There are no refugee orphans.

Libs just can't stop lying.

Forum List

Back