Obama says GOP incitement on Syria refugees 'needs to stop'

You are beyond dumb. What does Muslim terrorists have to do with kids and guns or Sandy Point.

Oh wait. Its deflection time. You have no answer so deflection it is. A deflection so you can feel better about yourself. Never mind.

A fool you truly are.

The fact you can't see my point is not surprising. It's interesting to see that my opinion of you as not the sharpest knife in the drawer has come to fruition.

That was an American citizen. Not a refugee. Why should we take in any of these people and risk American lives? For what reason? Why do you think the neighboring Arab countries will not take them?

Not my point.

Exhibit number one of a fool. A fool who trusts all Muslims.

A fool who considers those who are wary of Muslims a neocon dumbfuck.

Speaking of dumbfucks. That you bucko.

A dumbfuck and a fool you truly are.

Who says I trust all Muslims? I don't trust a lot of people. Politicians being high on the list.

Don't get me wrong I have no time for any religion, and I find certain ones - fundamental Islam and Scientology off the top of my head - to be insidious. But to put every person in a religion into the same boat is just dumb.

Your type of thinking is archaic.

Let's change a word out of one of your sentences and see who looks like the dumbfuck.

1) A fool who considers those who are wary of Jews a neocon dumbfuck.
2) A fool who considers those who are wary of Blacks a neocon dumbfuck.
3) A fool who considers those who are wary of Women a neocon dumbfuck.

You might consider my thinking archaic but I don't.

All Americans should be wary of all Muslims.

It only takes one you idiot.

I feel bad for them, but it is really not OUR problem. Like the liberals tell us, it is not our place to be the world's "police" and we cannot help everyone. We don't really have the resources to take in all of these people, is another point. Plenty of our own are jobless and struggling. Before we help those from other countries, we should put in a concerted effort to help our OWN people out of poverty and suffering.

You are beyond dumb. What does Muslim terrorists have to do with kids and guns or Sandy Point.

Oh wait. Its deflection time. You have no answer so deflection it is. A deflection so you can feel better about yourself. Never mind.

A fool you truly are.

The fact you can't see my point is not surprising. It's interesting to see that my opinion of you as not the sharpest knife in the drawer has come to fruition.

Oh I see your point. I just don't agree with it.

All Americans should be wary of all Muslims. After all. How do you tell a terrorist from a "good" Muslim before you get blown away??

Your not the sharpest knife in anyones drawer.

I think the worry and concern is completely justifiable given the circumstances, the fact that a lot of these "refugees" are going to be impossible to check out very closely, the fact that terrorists in fact do come from that particular area (and lots of them), and there have been threats against us from the "people" in that part of the world. Nobody is afraid of their "culture." It's their terrorism and Sharia laws that are concerning. Their customary practice of child sexual abuse is worrisome as well.

99.9 percent of refugees want nothing more than what you want. Security, a safe home, a good job and the pursuit of happiness. The fact you let 0.1 percent be the issue or be seen as the norm is the issue. It is beyond ridiculous. Maybe everybody should drive around in tanks because you might become involved in a car accident. How about no more walking in the wilderness because you might get bitten by a snake. How about no more skiing? You might fall over and break a leg.

At the end of the day, this is about fear. Nothing more, nothing less. And if you fear like you do, not only are you not living, the terrorists have won.

I won't even go into the inherent racism (note I don't say underlying, I say inherent because it is so out in the open, it's not funny) - "oh, they're different from us, so they must be bad...oh, those horrible muzzies." It's pathetic.

On one thing we probably do agree, and that is if they go to a country they must become those citizens with that country's values. Not that long ago, France said to immigrants, "you want to come and live in France? Fine. You must become French". I think that is a fair quid pro quo. Doesn't mean you have to give up your religion, but you do have to adhere to the mores, rules and legislation of the home country.

Obama says GOP incitement on Syria refugees 'needs to stop'

Source: AP

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — President Barack Obama lashed out Wednesday at Republicans who insist on barring Syrian refugees from entering the U.S., deeming their words offensive and insisting "it needs to stop."

"Apparently they're scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America," Obama said.
Mocking GOP leaders for thinking they're tough, Obama said overblown rhetoric from Republicans could be a potent recruitment tool for the Islamic State group. He insisted the U.S. process for screening refugees for possible entry into the U.S. is rigorous and said the U.S. doesn't make good decisions "based on hysteria" or exaggerated risk.

"We are not well served when in response to a terrorist attack we descend into fear and panic," the president said.

Obama's comments during a meeting with Philippine President Benigno Aquino marked his harshest condemnation yet of Republicans' response to the Paris attacks blamed on IS that killed 129 people last week. Republicans in Congress and on the 2016 presidential trail have urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees, but the Obama administration has shown no sign of backing off its plans to bring an additional 10,000 Syrians fleeing civil war into the U.S.

Read more: Associated Press

i don't know..some of them could be isis, but i'd let in woman and kids,

But the majority consensus in the US is that US citizens feel that their best interests should be heeded before those of immigrants are. After all, it's not like they are bigoted towards them. They are just concerned because Syrian refugees in France just lit the place up and don't want that happening to their country. Of course, as always, Obama knows best.

So would you say that the best interests of the refugees should come before those of US citizens, even if it means allowing potential terrorists to enter the country?

I think the worry and concern is completely justifiable given the circumstances, the fact that a lot of these "refugees" are going to be impossible to check out very closely, the fact that terrorists in fact do come from that particular area (and lots of them), and there have been threats against us from the "people" in that part of the world. Nobody is afraid of their "culture." It's their terrorism and Sharia laws that are concerning. Their customary practice of child sexual abuse is worrisome as well.

99.9 percent of refugees want nothing more than what you want. Security, a safe home, a good job and the pursuit of happiness. The fact you let 0.1 percent be the issue or be seen as the norm is the issue. It is beyond ridiculous. Maybe everybody should drive around in tanks because you might become involved in a car accident. How about no more walking in the wilderness because you might get bitten by a snake. How about no more skiing? You might fall over and break a leg.

At the end of the day, this is about fear. Nothing more, nothing less. And if you fear like you do, not only are you not living, the terrorists have won.

I won't even go into the inherent racism (note I don't say underlying, I say inherent because it is so out in the open, it's not funny) - "oh, they're different from us, so they must be bad...oh, those horrible muzzies." It's pathetic.

On one thing we probably do agree, and that is if they go to a country they must become those citizens with that country's values. Not that long ago, France said to immigrants, "you want to come and live in France? Fine. You must become French". I think that is a fair quid pro quo. Doesn't mean you have to give up your religion, but you do have to adhere to the mores, rules and legislation of the home country.

Well, sorry, but that is a risk I am not willing to take.

Also, they ARE different from us. They have a completely different culture and values. What is illegal here is perfectly acceptable behavior there.

You might consider my thinking archaic but I don't.

All Americans should be wary of all Muslims.

It only takes one you idiot.

It only take one white male to become a serial killer. Let's kill 'em all....

Who said anything about killing them all? We just don't want them to come into our country and start trouble. It seems that everywhere Islam goes, trouble follows closely behind.

I feel bad for them, but it is really not OUR problem. Like the liberals tell us, it is not our place to be the world's "police" and we cannot help everyone. We don't really have the resources to take in all of these people, is another point. Plenty of our own are jobless and struggling. Before we help those from other countries, we should put in a concerted effort to help our OWN people out of poverty and suffering.

What do you mean "all these people". I live in Australia and we're taking 12,000. Hardly a drop in the ocean. California, which has 35 million odd people is taking 218. Whoop-de-fucking-doo. Your country could take 100,000 and it wouldn't make a dent.

Your economy is doing fine. That aside, your country was built on immigration.

What do you mean "all these people". I live in Australia and we're taking 12,000. Hardly a drop in the ocean. California, which has 35 million odd people is taking 218. Whoop-de-fucking-doo. Your country could take 100,000 and it wouldn't make a dent.

Our country was built on immigration years ago when we weren't so populated. WE are a country of 320,000,000 people and counting. Resources and money are NOT infinite. I don't really care what you do in Australia, TBH. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. I AM concerned what happens in MY country though. I don't want to take in these refugees. IT is too risky and just ONE American life lost to them would be ONE too many.

No, our economy is not doing fine. We are severely lacking in jobs and especially good paying ones. You have NO idea, do you?

All Americans should be wary of all Muslims. After all. How do you tell a terrorist from a "good" Muslim before you get blown away??

How do you tell a good man from a bad one before you get blown away?

Next time you accuse somebody of not being sharp, I'd at least get rid of the typos....because you look kinda silly...

Obama should just stfu and go golfing or something. Maybe ISIS would be open to providing a caddie

-Geaux

I was recently in the job market (just a few weeks ago) searching for a part time job. I am well aware of the fact that our job market is sucking, and employers are taking total advantage of that fact.

Our country was built on immigration years ago when we weren't so populated. WE are a country of 320,000,000 people and counting. Resources and money are NOT infinite. I don't really care what you do in Australia, TBH. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. I AM concerned what happens in MY country though. I don't want to take in these refugees. IT is too risky and just ONE American life lost to them would be ONE too many.

I read in the Guinness Book of Records that if every human being on the planet had one square meter we'd all fit into the island of Skye off the coast of Scotland. Somebody once said to me the same but used Texas as the example. I don't know which example is true (I'm betting it's the GBoR, but the Isle of Skye is minute compared to Texas, so the Texas example sounds more reasonable). Go get a map of the world, spread it out and look at Texas. Then tell me you don't have more room.

India has huge masses of space and is one third the size of the US, yet has four times the population. You have 35 people per square kilometre - that is 180th in the world - in other words 179 of the 220+ countries in the world have denser populations than you. You have plenty of room.

One American life lost in any circumstances is one too many. What about the millions and millions of immigrants over the past few centuries who haven't taken any Americans lives? Why should they be punished. Your view is very short-sighted...

How do you tell a good man from a bad one before you get blown away?

Next time you accuse somebody of not being sharp, I'd at least get rid of the typos....because you look kinda silly...

Not half as silly as you.

Forum List

Back