Obama says he is willing to negotiate if the government is reopened

Obama willing to negotiate.
If he gets everything he wants before the negotiation begins.............
That's not negotiation.

No, its not negotiating if Repubs won't give.

Get a clue. Reopening the gov and raising our debt limit is what the American people want.

:cuckoo:Why even talk to brainwashed, 50 PER CENT CHANCE RACIST, ignorant functional morons...shut her down obsessives:cuckoo::eusa_liar::mad:

50% of all murders are caused by blacks without dads. This is just a fact...A fact but completely fucking separate from this issue.

Please stop....

I feel we should reopen the government and invest into infrastructure, tech and science....

I now want the pubs to dig their heals in even deeper.

Obama is starting to sway and is on the ropes

A TKO is coming

-Geaux

So, now that Obama is willing to negotiate you want Republicans to dig their heels in deeper? Just admit that your idea of compromise is getting everything you want.

That kind of move would be a win-win for republicans. If it's bullshit, they could humiliate Obama. If it's not, then everybody wins. This includes negotiating on ObamaCare.

Obama issues debt-ceiling warning; Boehner 'hopeful' for talks soon - CNN.com

The logic on this is so simple. His offer is completley fair.

and I believe him as far as I can throw him. We are not stupid. He is going to get what he wants then we have no leverage so yeah . I hope the REP stands strong

Don't be dumb. If Obama is lying, then the repubs would look good. They are being completely stupid about this.

Obama willing to negotiate.
If he gets everything he wants before the negotiation begins.............
That's not negotiation.

No, its not negotiating if Repubs won't give.

Get a clue. Reopening the gov and raising our debt limit is what the American people want.

The sick part of it is that the democrats agreed with the sequester level of funding. No that's not good enough as they want to defund Obamacare....

wow....

If I was Obama I'd demand refunding of infrastructure, science and tech...Or I wouldn't do shit.

A TKO is coming

-Geaux

So, now that Obama is willing to negotiate you want Republicans to dig their heels in deeper? Just admit that your idea of compromise is getting everything you want.

Negotiation does not happen after you cave in on something, it happens before.

Obama had an out with delaying the individual mandate for one year, he didnt want it. All on him, none on us.

Yup, how dare they want to protect the economy and end this new bs extortion by a minority ''no compromise, un-American Tea Party''-- TIME:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

What economy? The one Obama's regime keeps in the crapper? The one that takes 85 billion a month to keep the US on life support?

Yea, we need to protect that cancer

Good grief................

-Geaux

Hey hey dude. Why don't you explain to all just what benefits to the economy we should all look for after the default on our debt. You seem to think you have a pretty good handle on what makes our economy function and I haven't seen any of you Repubs explain how this default on debt is going to be so good for us all.

So why don't you just take a moment and explain how beneficial default will be.

Hell maybe you can change my mine and I will support a default and shut down both.

Who knows. I guess it depends on how good your explanation is.

Economic benefits? Not sure there are any to be honest. And I will not say we need to "Default so we know what the consequences are".. You know, kind of like we have to pass the law to know what's in it... But I digress....

This is a bigger issue of how to take the pain now like we should of in 2008. We as a power cannot keep raising the debt limit in hopes that something magical will happen. We need to use the fear associated with not raising the limit to have calmer heads prevail. We need to smash the rice bowls of the parties and return to a less dysfunctional form of government. My guess it those who are dependent on the government for their standard of living are the ones most fearful of the shutdown and I can understand that position. I equate that dependency much like the addict on the street corner that we ridicule as we pass them wondering how life has passed them by

When you sell out to the man, your hooked

Late-

Geaux

That kind of move would be a win-win for republicans. If it's bullshit, they could humiliate Obama. If it's not, then everybody wins. This includes negotiating on ObamaCare.

Obama issues debt-ceiling warning; Boehner 'hopeful' for talks soon - CNN.com

The logic on this is so simple. His offer is completley fair.

and I believe him as far as I can throw him. We are not stupid. He is going to get what he wants then we have no leverage so yeah . I hope the REP stands strong

Don't be dumb. If Obama is lying, then the repubs would look good. They are being completely stupid about this.

You would be right if the media wasn't an unpaid extension of the Democratic Party, but since it is, all the spin would be on Obama winning, and if he then re-negged on negotiating after, they would ignore it.

Your concept only works in a country with a free independent press, and unless you go down to the blog/internet level, we dont have that anymore.

A TKO is coming

-Geaux

Obama had an out with delaying the individual mandate for one year, he didnt want it. All on him, none on us.

Um no it is on you if you shut down the government over it

Every time someone complains about a part of the government not being at work, Republicans send in a bill to fund it (as long as it isnt ObamaCare). The Senate and the President refuse to consider them. These are continuing resolutions, just like the big one that will end the enitre shutdown. The Dems dont want to sign it unless its everything they want.

So whos being obstinate?

You would be right if the media wasn't an unpaid extension of the Democratic Party, but since it is, all the spin would be on Obama winning, and if he then re-negged on negotiating after, they would ignore it.

Your concept only works in a country with a free independent press, and unless you go down to the blog/internet level, we dont have that anymore.

You're saying that Fox News is an extension of the democratic party? Wow.

Every time someone complains about a part of the government not being at work, Republicans send in a bill to fund it (as long as it isnt ObamaCare). The Senate and the President refuse to consider them. These are continuing resolutions, just like the big one that will end the enitre shutdown. The Dems dont want to sign it unless its everything they want.

So whos being obstinate?

ObamaCare is LAW. There is no logical or ethical reason to shut down the gov over it.

So whos being obstinate?

ObamaCare is LAW. There is no logical or ethical reason to shut down the gov over it.

And the House of representatives is where OTHER LAWS have to originate to providing funding to ENFORCE those LAWS. No other branch can begin a funding bill.

The House doesnt want to fund Obamacare, that leaves two choices to the other branches, accept it, or refuse to pass the funding bill.

The buck stops at the Senate and the White House.

You're saying that Fox News is an extension of the democratic party? Wow.

Ooooh. One whole channel, and a channel every progressive claims lies and lies and lies. And also, maybe a few newspapers on our side. Do you deny the rest of the MSM has democratic sypmathies?

So whos being obstinate?

And the House of representatives is where OTHER LAWS have to originate to providing funding to ENFORCE those LAWS. No other branch can begin a funding bill.

The House doesnt want to fund Obamacare, that leaves two choices to the other branches, accept it, or refuse to pass the funding bill.

You know its very obvious you know you are wrong, you just won't admit it. It's much easier to put all the blame on dems isn't it?

You know its very obvious you know you are wrong, you just won't admit it. It's much easier to put all the blame on dems isn't it?

Point out in detail where I am wrong.

Point out in detail where I am wrong.

The House is responsible for this shutdown over a LAW. It is their responsibility to recognize a LAW. Instead they are acting like toddlers to get their way.

I don't even need to explain that to you.

Know that the USA will pay its bills one way or the other.

The POTUS CAN and WILL order the Treasury to pay the interest on debt, SS, etc.

It is his constitutional obligation and he has the constitutional authority to pay those bills regardless of the debt limit.

XIVth Amendment

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.

The GOP is going to lose battle this no matter what they do.

Forum List

Back