Obama Seems Intent On Finally Closing Gitmo For Good

Do You Support The Closing of Guantanamo Bay?

• No, Let those foreign bastards rot

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Yes, It's Un-American for that place to exist

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
lol, as long as he seems "intent" like he has been for what, four years now? you Obamabots will let him slide for lying to you...
Not ONE of you CON$ have answered the direct question...do you want Gitmo closed, yes or no.

Interesting.

he should have done that during his first term Marc.....just sayin....
You are saying without saying.

So what do YOU want? Do YOU want Gitmo to close?

my question would be .....where would they stick these guys Marc?.....if they stick them in a federal pen.....how long would they survive?.....
I'll chalk you up as a no.

So I shouldn't be seeing you using Gitmo as an Obama failure, as you're against him being successful in closing it.

Thanks.

Something has to be done, but what we are doing currently in/with Gitmo is not it.

Well, what, then? If we all agree it can't be in the U.S. because these guys shouldn't have American Constitutional protections, then why NOT Cuba? Good place for a prisoners-of-war camp. Close, but not too close. Ocean around it on three sides.

I think as long as Muslims do this terrorism stuff, Cuba is as good a place to hold them as any. No torture, I agree. But that's for our sake, not theirs. We don't have to turn them loose to kill again as well.

I don't know if you classify me as a "con" but my answer is no. Obama looks like a damn fool for faithfully promising to close it the whole election and then begging off the first five minutes in office, however. My belief is that he is afraid of and overpersuaded by the guys with all the fruit salad on their uniform fronts. But they are right. So at least he can listen.

Last edited:
Something has to be done, but what we are doing currently in/with Gitmo is not it.

Well, what, then? If we all agree it can't be in the U.S. because these guys shouldn't have American Constitutional protections, then why NOT Cuba? Good place for a prisoners-of-war camp. Close, but not too close. Ocean around it on three sides.

I think as long as Muslims do this terrorism stuff, Cuba is as good a place to hold them as any. No torture, I agree. But that's for our sake, not theirs. We don't have to turn them loose to kill again as well.
We are a nation of laws, are we not?

Our Courts should be more than enough to put them on trial and get a conviction.

But this endless detention w/o being charged...that's unConstitutional.

We are a nation of laws, are we not?

Our Courts should be more than enough to put them on trial and get a conviction.

But this endless detention w/o being charged...that's unConstitutional.

It's NOT unconstitutional if they are held on non-USA territory. And if they are not Americans to start with.

That's the whole point.

You are saying without saying.

So what do YOU want? Do YOU want Gitmo to close?

my question would be .....where would they stick these guys Marc?.....if they stick them in a federal pen.....how long would they survive?.....
I'll chalk you up as a no.

So I shouldn't be seeing you using Gitmo as an Obama failure, as you're against him being successful in closing it.

Thanks.
Marc where have you ever seen me talking about an Obama failure OUTSIDE of me saying i think he is a piss poor leader?......i feel for the guy.....look how white his hair is getting.......being President of this Country is not an easy job.....
AND.....did you ever think he might have the same question i am asking?.......what to do with these guys?....apparently he and his buds haven't figured that out either....

I think he will?

Do you think he'll succeed?

Do you want him to be successful in that endeavor?

Would you support it's closure if you knew they would be held in a prison that's in your back yard?

Me?

nimby nimby nimby

I think he will?

Do you think he'll succeed?

Do you want him to be successful in that endeavor?

This is just another distraction.

UE sucks
the economy sucks
the dollar is WAY down

But Look! Squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot of the inmates in Gitmo come from countries that don't want them back, that is a big issue too.

I was reading on another thread that a lot of that is Yemen: their prisons are a joke, 30 at a time escape at regular intervals, or are simply let out. So we can't send them back to Yemen if they are really dangerous. And a lot of the worse terrorists are in Yemen: that's why we keep drones flying all the time there trying to bomb people.

It is a problem. Some of them are ACTIVE warriors, not prisoners of war from a lost and gone war. Those we could let out. Yemenese are still fighting, however. Better keep them locked up. No force-feeding. That would be so....................unkind.

Saudi has a few bad actors they don't want back and China too, China does NOT want back their Chinese Muslims. They went on record saying if we return them they will execute them, you are right about Yemen though their prisons are a joke.

So it is our responsibility to keep China from executing them? Really?

Obama has been trying to close it for years.

The republicans fight every effort

Write a letter demanding the prisoners be kept near you.
How many terrorists have ever escaped a high security prison in the US?

Answer: None.

How many are kept on our soil?

Thirty-three international terrorists, many with ties to al-Qaeda, reside in a single federal prison in Florence, Colo., with little public notice.

kept in a supermax

You wanna pony up the dough to have them all in a supermax?

you willing to risk your life by keeping them all near you?

B/c I saw the special on where they were planning on putting them, and it was NOT a max prison.

Write a letter demanding the prisoners be kept near you.
How many terrorists have ever escaped a high security prison in the US?

Answer: None.

How many are kept on our soil?

Thirty-three international terrorists, many with ties to al-Qaeda, reside in a single federal prison in Florence, Colo., with little public notice.

kept in a supermax

You wanna pony up the dough to have them all in a supermax?

you willing to risk your life by keeping them all near you?

B/c I saw the special on where they were planning on putting them, and it was NOT a max prison.

If they were not taken on our soil, they should not be brought here. But he has done exactly that, and then executed an American citizen without due process of law.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back