Obama shoots Rule of Law again. Wants to give clemency to THOUSANDS of drug criminals

We have more nonviolent drug offenders is prison than we do murderers.

It's a waste of resources to lock people up for nonviolent drug crimes that involve simple possession of small amounts.

In fact the entire war on drugs has been an utter failure. Let's learn our lesson and move on from these ridiculously draconian drug laws.

If he is talking about folks who have just been charged with possessing or selling pot, I have absolutely no problem with this.

sigh -- You don't understand the issue. It's not the president's place to rewrite laws passed by congress and that's what a blanket clemency does. Pardons on an individual bases are ok.

Like all liberals your motto is - "To hell with the law. We're gonna do what's right".

The president has the legal authority to do this.

If you don't like the law - get your votes together and change it. Don't expect folks to just ignore laws if you don't like them.

If he is talking about folks who have just been charged with possessing or selling pot, I have absolutely no problem with this.

sigh -- You don't understand the issue. It's not the president's place to rewrite laws passed by congress and that's what a blanket clemency does. Pardons on an individual bases are ok.

Like all liberals your motto is - "To hell with the law. We're gonna do what's right".

clemency is not rewriting any law...

instead of incarceration drug courts have proven successful......saves taxpayer monies also...

Someone in the press needs to ask Obie how addicts pay for their habits.

If addicts commit crimes to pay for their habit (many don't btw) then try them and convict them for THOSE crimes.

IF addicts commit crimes........:lol:........you need to reword that to WHEN addicts commit crimes..........:cuckoo:.

Other than breaking drug laws - tell me the crimes of Heath Ledger, Len Bias, Lenny Bruce, Truman Capote, Coco Chanel, Tommy Dorsey, John Entwistle, Chris Farley, Sigmund Freud, Judy Garland, King George V, Jimi Hendrix, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Abbie Hoffman, Billie Holiday, Whitney Houston, Janis Joplin, .....

The list goes on and on and those are just the famous people.

Wealthy people like their drugs too. They don't have to commit crimes to support their habit.

Your post is pure ignorance.

I never had to commit crimes to afford my drug habit when I had one, I did it the old fashioned way,,I earned it...

If addicts commit crimes to pay for their habit (many don't btw) then try them and convict them for THOSE crimes.

IF addicts commit crimes........:lol:........you need to reword that to WHEN addicts commit crimes..........:cuckoo:.

Other than breaking drug laws - tell me the crimes of Heath Ledger, Len Bias, Lenny Bruce, Truman Capote, Coco Chanel, Tommy Dorsey, John Entwistle, Chris Farley, Sigmund Freud, Judy Garland, King George V, Jimi Hendrix, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Abbie Hoffman, Billie Holiday, Whitney Houston, Janis Joplin, .....

Wealthy people like their drugs too. They don't have to commit crimes to support their habit.

Most junkies don't have a pot to piss in and have to deal/steal/suck dick to survive. You are living proof that common sense isn't real common anymore.

Most junkies don't have a pot to piss in and have to deal/steal/suck dick to survive. You are living proof that common sense isn't real common anymore.

How do you know what "most junkies" have?

Was a licensed addictions counselor for the courts for 28 years.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I]Half Baked (8/10) Movie CLIP - Thurgood Goes to Rehab (1998) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Well, that explains it.

You only encountered the junkies who got arrested and couldn't afford private rehab.

I have also been a licensed addiction counselor, for a private rehab - and I saw quite a fair share of "successful", millionaire junkies.

Last edited:
I would love to experiment by posting a story that the federals placed a teenager in an airplane wheel- well, and the boy was flown to Maui. The boy almost died. The Feds are sorry.
I wonder if a whole thread would then be devoted to the story, be amazing to see what would happen.

Attention: Please, the story is one I made up, not real, bogus, fake.

Reagan launched the War on Drugs in the 80s. I remember when his administration would pump propaganda into our homes, "You can't fly when you're high". He was supplanting the role of families. I don't want government playing any role in raising my children. I don't care if their message is good, bad or neutral, I don't want Big Brother to play a paternal role over the population. Of course, republicans feel differently. They love giving Washington more power.

The War on Drugs has been a spectacular failure. It has merely served to give the federal government more power over state law enforcement. Like any Washington agency, it has devolved into a bloated bureaucracy with near criminal cost over-runs. I hope Obama overturns the entire program, from its failed legal applications to its sweeping control over the states. Of course, we all know that if Obama fucks with one of the GOPs favorite bureaucracies, he will be blamed for destroying the world. God forbid we let individuals decide for themselves what to do with their own bodies. Conservatives said the same things about alcohol, which lead to prohibition. They're always trying to use government to protect the individual and social body from "evil" substances, or maybe they just needed a better tool for moving blacks from welfare to cages. Hard to say.
republicans feel differently. They love giving Washington more power.

so do Democrats....i cant believe you people that think only one party wants power....

and as far as the rest of what you have said....WHY....is the "war" on drugs still going on?...if the Democrats are so against it,why havent they and our President....abolished it yet?....i dont even see them talking about it....they cant even act on pot even after 2 states legalized it and more are looking at doing that.....they cant even pull it off the schedule 1 list.....they are just as bad as Republicans when it comes to dealing with drugs especially pot....

Well, that explains it.

You only encountered the junkies who got arrested and couldn't afford private rehab.

I have also been a licensed addiction counselor, for a private rehab - and I saw quite a fair share of "successful", millionaire junkies.

I dealt with the vast majority of junkies; those who bragged they had 5 bitches and a brand new caddy but couldn't bail out for a hundred bucks.
Your clients could afford 5 bitches, the caddy, and could make bail numerous times. Tough population.........:D.

Reagan launched the War on Drugs in the 80s. I remember when his administration would pump propaganda into our homes, "You can't fly when you're high". He was supplanting the role of families. I don't want government playing any role in raising my children. I don't care if their message is good, bad or neutral, I don't want Big Brother to play a paternal role over the population. Of course, republicans feel differently. They love giving Washington more power.

The War on Drugs has been a spectacular failure. It has merely served to give the federal government more power over state law enforcement. Like any Washington agency, it has devolved into a bloated bureaucracy with near criminal cost over-runs. I hope Obama overturns the entire program, from its failed legal applications to its sweeping control over the states. Of course, we all know that if Obama fucks with one of the GOPs favorite bureaucracies, he will be blamed for destroying the world. God forbid we let individuals decide for themselves what to do with their own bodies. Conservatives said the same things about alcohol, which lead to prohibition. They're always trying to use government to protect the individual and social body from "evil" substances, or maybe they just needed a better tool for moving blacks from welfare to cages. Hard to say.
republicans feel differently. They love giving Washington more power.

so do Democrats....i cant believe you people that think only one party wants power....

and as far as the rest of what you have said....WHY....is the "war" on drugs still going on?...if the Democrats are so against it,why havent they and our President....abolished it yet?....i dont even see them talking about it....they cant even act on pot even after 2 states legalized it and more are looking at doing that.....they cant even pull it off the schedule 1 list.....they are just as bad as Republicans when it comes to dealing with drugs especially pot....

Isn't this thread indicative of your answer? Any pol who gets in front of reforming a failed system of mandatory strict sentencing laws for non-violent acts is knee jerk attacked for "soft on crime," or worse "letting his constiuents out." Things change as states themselves face rational allocation of tax dollars.

Forum List

Back