Obama shoulda said...

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
What Obama should have said is;
Yep, I said if you want to keep your plan - you can keep it, but-----but it never crossed my mind that
there would be American consumers that prefer-----pre.fer- to be screwed by their insurance companies
by paying to much for an insurance policy that doesn't insure and-----and could possibly pacify them
into financial hardship and bankruptcy (eye roll). In conclusion let me say, I'm sorry I was only 95%+ correct but-----but it never entered my mind that Americans were so, uh were so, um were... I'll leave it there. ~ fake Obama quote

NerdWallet estimates for 2013:
  • 56M Americans under age 65 will have trouble paying medical bills
    – Over 35M American adults (ages 19-64) will be contacted by collections agencies for unpaid medical bills
    – Nearly 17M American adults (ages 19-64) will receive a lower credit rating on account of their high medical bills
    – Over 15M American adults (ages 19-64) will use up all their savings to pay medical bills
    – Over 11M American adults (ages 19-64) will take on credit card debt to pay off their hospital bills
    – Nearly 10M American adults (ages 19-64) will be unable to pay for basic necessities like rent, food, and heat due to their medical bills
  • Over 16M children live in households struggling with medical bills
  • Despite having year-round insurance coverage, 10M insured Americans ages 19-64 will face bills they are unable to pay
  • 1.7M Americans live in households that will declare bankruptcy due to their inability to pay their medical bills
    – Three states will account for over one-quarter of those living in medical-related bankruptcy: California (248,002), Illinois (113,524), and Florida (99,780)
  • To save costs, over 25M adults (ages 19-64) will not take their prescription drugs as indicated, including skipping doses, taking less medicine than prescribed or delaying a refill
“In 2013 over 20% of American adults are struggling to pay their medical bills, and three in five bankruptcies will be due to medical bills.

The primary reason for bankruptcy is credit card debt. There are more people with credit cards than high medical bills.

I was a bankruptcy lawyer. I did thousands of bankruptcies. I can recall less than a handful being because of medical bills. Some due to elective procedures like financed boob jobs or face lifts.

The primary reason for bankruptcy is credit card debt. There are more people with credit cards than high medical bills.

I was a bankruptcy lawyer. I did thousands of bankruptcies. I can recall less than a handful being because of medical bills. Some due to elective procedures like financed boob jobs or face lifts.

Fox Business sez you lie.
IOKIYAR?

I have been self-insured for the past 36 years. Maybe you can explain to me why the President of the United States is forcing me to self-insure the same coverage with a 120% increase in premium and a marked increase in deductibles.

. . . because you were doing higher end bankruptcies

. . . because you were not smart enough to get your share of annually 80 thousand medical bankruptcies

. . . we know you are not stupid, but don't think we are either

I have been self-insured for the past 36 years. Maybe you can explain to me why the President of the United States is forcing me to self-insure the same coverage with a 120% increase in premium and a marked increase in deductibles.

So you don't privatize the profit and socialize the risk.

If he can't explain it and/or fix it, then his is a failed presidency that'll hopefully be nothing more than a forgotten footnote in a couple decades.

Star must not know that about 1/2 of the countries' veterianians (for example) who had GREAT coverage are now completely uninsured because ObamaCare OUTLAWED their ability to form National professional group coverage. Had NOTHING to do with the QUALITY or RELIABILITY of the insurance product. It was CALCULATED and DEVIOUS move to HERD folks with deep pockets into the Govt exchange because YOUR HERO needed their cash..

The fix for higher medical care costs --- NEVER starts with imposing new taxes on EVERY ITEM that your nurse or doctor picks up in their hands. It doesn't get fixed by slapping HUGE taxes on insurance companies. And it doesn't get fixed by MANDATING that ALL of the CAPS be removed on every policy issued. Leaving the insurers with NO OPTION but to raise prices..

In the past --- IF you blew thru the Cap on your policy --- youd be in the 0.01% of folks holding medical insurance.. We could have fixed that problem WITHOUT the massive lying, deception and incompetence that we are witnessing now.

Yep, I said if you want to keep your plan - you can keep it, but-----but it never crossed my mind that
there would be American consumers that prefer-----pre.fer- to be screwed by their insurance companies
by paying to much for an insurance policy that doesn't insure and-----and could possibly pacify them
into financial hardship and bankruptcy (eye roll). In conclusion let me say, I'm sorry I was only 95%+ correct but-----but it never entered my mind that Americans were so, uh were so, um were... I'll leave it there. ~ fake Obama quote

What Obama should have said is:
"If I like your plan, you can keep your plan."

I used to work for a company that self-insured all of it's outside salespeople's driving.
The company had to jump thru state by state hoops to carry their own liability and-----and if someone on my team got into an accident, the company paid thru the nose in legal fees and medical bills, repairs etc. I had around 300 salespeople at any given time on my team - that many people driving around for 10 hours or so (depending on commute time) meant we averaged out at about an accident per month but-----but the bean counters in operations determined that self-insuring was the most economical way for us to go - so I'm wondering how you pulled off self-insuring your health insurance?

Wrong, what he should of said is, I'm a clueless ass who passed a bill before I knew what was in it...

and for lying and putting the FRUAD ON YOU, I RESIGN

Other than that what he coulda woulda shoulda...mean NOTHING anymore

Last edited:
Wrong, what he should of said is, I'm a clueless ass who passed a bill before I knew what was in it...

What's "Fruad"?

Yep, I said if you want to keep your plan - you can keep it, but-----but it never crossed my mind that ...

That's the thing with statists. It never really occurs to them that other people might see things differently than they do; that the purpose of government isn't to force your idea of the good life on other people.

What's "Fruad"?

figure it out...ok, I had a late night and am a little dyslexic this morning...
does that help?

Forum List

Back