Obama Shuts Down Amber Alert

Oh Jeebus.

He can keep his golf course open, but he has to shut down Amber Alert.

All Hail the Feckless Impotency of The Won!

The Amber alert system, the national missing-child warning program, has been shut off due to the government shutdown, according to the Department of Justice.

“Due to the lapse in federal funding, this Office of Justice Programs website is unavailable,” it says on amberalert.gov....

Amber alert website down due to government shutdown | WashingtonExaminer.com

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/unavailable/

You do realize that Obama has hardly anything to do with this at all, right?

It's congress.

You do realize that you are making yourself look pretty pathetic right now, don't you?

Hey guys not sure if anyone said this yet but um

The Amber Alert program is still functioning, but the website isn't.

A Justice Department spokesperson explained to the Huffington Post, "All the sites that had to go offline were put behind a firewall so that they couldn't be hacked while the IT people were on furlough."

To be clear, the Amber Alert system is not run by Washington. States set up their own programs and use guidelines and standards that are shared nationwide. The program is a network of these state-run operations.

At the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, spokesman Bob Hoever told us that the federal Web page plays no role in actually finding children.

(Source)

EDIT: It's also back up now

and no one on the left bitched about shutting down the amber alert? I thought Reid/Pelosi were on the children's side,isn't that what planned parenthood is all about?

How can anybody bitch about an event that never happened?

Still defending the government? Next, the sun will rise in the east.

I don't "defend the government" there Quantum Douchebag -- I defend facts and logic. Which is decidedly NOT what's involved when some wackaloon puts up a myth that "Obabble shuts down Amber Alert". We've already proven that to be unmitigated BULLSHIT.

Now, I challenged you days ago to come up with a post of mine where I'm "defending the government", and you struck out, remember?

Dumb fuck.

And what if I were to defend the government anyway?

Last edited:
How can anybody bitch about an event that never happened?

I don't "defend the government" there Quantum Douchbag -- I defend truth and logic. Which is decidedly NOT what's involved when some wackaloon puts up a myth that "Obabble shuts down Amber Alert". We've already proven that to be unmitigated BULLSHIT.

Now, I challenged you days ago to come up with a post of mine where I'm "defending the government", and you struck out, remember?

Dumb fuck.

Truth and logic? Is that what you call it when you accuse innocent people of Photoshopping cones into a picture of a highway?

Hey guys not sure if anyone said this yet but um

The Amber Alert program is still functioning, but the website isn't.

A Justice Department spokesperson explained to the Huffington Post, "All the sites that had to go offline were put behind a firewall so that they couldn't be hacked while the IT people were on furlough."

To be clear, the Amber Alert system is not run by Washington. States set up their own programs and use guidelines and standards that are shared nationwide. The program is a network of these state-run operations.

At the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, spokesman Bob Hoever told us that the federal Web page plays no role in actually finding children.

(Source)

EDIT: It's also back up now

Yup, that's been amply covered, linked and put to bed.

Not that it stops trolls from popping up endless new threads in a perpetual game of whack-a-myth...

I don't "defend the government" there Quantum Douchbag -- I defend truth and logic. Which is decidedly NOT what's involved when some wackaloon puts up a myth that "Obabble shuts down Amber Alert". We've already proven that to be unmitigated BULLSHIT.

Dumb fuck.

Truth and logic? Is that what you call it when you accuse innocent people of Photoshopping cones into a picture of a highway?

And where did I do that?

Yup, new challenge, since you utterly failed at the last one... that's right folks, reading test. Pop quiz.

Dumb fuck.

And where did I do that?

Yup, new challenge, since you utterly failed at the last one... that's right folks, reading test. Pop quiz.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A]ROFLMAO! - World of Warcraft (WoW) Machinima by Oxhorn - YouTube[/ame]

Republicans keep this site in business

snopes.com: AMBER Alert Shutdown

And you Communists wonder why Snopes has zero credibility....

You can't be both a partisan propaganda site, AND a reliable source.

Well, Snopes has the first down. Wikipedia is a FUCK lot more reliable, though...

^^ Butthurt that Snopes shot his myth down

Without these manufactured rightwing "crisis" to shoot down, snopes would be relegated to reporting on the latest truther and JFK rumors

^^ Butthurt that Snopes shot his myth down

Here's a little bit of advice - if you're going to rewrite history, wait a week or two.

Snopes just looks like idiots - they've sunk to DailyKOS levels.

Poor baby. Youse guys had upwards of three USMB posters convinced. Why I understand Brent Bozell actually looked up from his keyboard. Momentarily.

It's the Bubble. Some internet wag makes up "Obama Obliterates Amber Alert" and they start salivating like a priest who just saw 22 altar boys arrive in a bus driven by Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Poor baby. Youse guys had upwards of three USMB posters convinced. Why I understand Brent Bozell actually looked up from his keyboard. Momentarily.

You realize that the ability to change reality by striking a snarky posture only works on Comedy Central, right?

Out here in real life, the facts are the facts.

Obama put up a Barrycade on the Amber Alert site. It was a chickenshit move by a chickenshit president.

It's the Bubble. Some internet wag makes up "Obama Obliterates Amber Alert" and they start salivating like a priest who just saw 22 altar boys arrive in a truck driven by Michael Jackson.

Again. lying convinces your fellow leftists - but let's face it, most leftists have the brains of a pile of bricks.

FACT: Chickenshit Obama put up a Barrycade on the Amber Alert Site - due to public outrage, he took it down.

The partisan dumbfucks at Snopes lying about the affair, doesn't change a thing. (Other than any shred of credibility Snopes might have still had.)

Oh Jeebus.

He can keep his golf course open, but he has to shut down Amber Alert.

All Hail the Feckless Impotency of The Won!

The Amber alert system, the national missing-child warning program, has been shut off due to the government shutdown, according to the Department of Justice.

“Due to the lapse in federal funding, this Office of Justice Programs website is unavailable,” it says on amberalert.gov....

Amber alert website down due to government shutdown | WashingtonExaminer.com

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/unavailable/

The ignorance. It's Boehner, and Republicans in Congress that are responsible for the shut-down, so unless you live in a bubble, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Forum List

Back