Obama: There's no longer room for excuses for black men

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

President Obama got big laughs at Morehouse College's rainy commencement ceremony in Atlanta. He said he would join the graduates in the rain if he could, but first lady Michelle Obama would not. He also joked about graduating and event security.

Story Highlights
President Obama delivered the commencement address at the Atlanta school
Obama called on graduates of the historically black college to be role models
Says African Americans must have empathy for other minority groups' struggles

President Obama on Sunday told the graduating class at Morehouse College, the country's pre-eminent historically black college, there is "no longer any room for excuses" for this generation of African-American men and that it was time for their generation to step up professionally and in their personal lives.

WAHOOOO, GO Obama. He see's there's problems that need to be fixed and tells the black male that they need to step up to the plate.

I stopped making excuses for blacks a long time ago. Two generations after the civil rights legislation was signed they still have a crime rate that is eight times the white rate; they have an illegitimacy rate that is three times the white rate; they still tend to score poorly on all the mental aptitude tests however they are designed; they tend to perform poorly in the class room and on the job.

It is time for white people to point our fingers at blacks and say, "You should be ashamed."

Obozo is wrong. Blacks have a legitimate excuse for their failure. IQ= 68.

In the United States their average IQ is 85. That is still pretty low. The U.S. military rejects anyone below 80. As inexpensive machinery reduces the number of unskilled jobs those with IQ's below are 80 are increasingly unemployable.

This surprisingly sounds like what Louis Farrakhan and Bill Cosby have been saying for years.

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
There's no longer any excuse for white men, Stop changing your sex,stop cross dressing.Stop being so envious of the Black man.

Obama should have been saying this for years. No American President has ever been equipped to heal racial tensions more than he, and he has done precious little in that area. What a disappointment.

I notice he said this after he didn't have to worry about re-election.

Obama should have been saying this for years. No American President has ever been equipped to heal racial tensions more than he, and he has done precious little in that area. What a disappointment.

He has been saying that for years.

Links?

You really, honestly believe that he's put out enough effort on this critical issue over the last 5+ years, given his unique perspective and opportunity?

You're not disappointed? Really?

Links?

You really, honestly believe that he's put out enough effort on this critical issue over the last 5+ years, given his unique perspective and opportunity?

I've done this before for you..and your google should work. It's a relatively simple process, you type in keywords into the tab, and the google will find what you are looking for..

In any case, given the scope of what he was facing, 2 wars (count em), a fiscal disaster, and foreign terrorism..I think this sorta sunk in priority.

Links?

I've done this before for you..and your google should work. It's a relatively simple process, you type in keywords into the tab, and the google will find what you are looking for..

In any case, given the scope of what he was facing, 2 wars (count em), a fiscal disaster, and foreign terrorism..I think this sorta sunk in priority.

Well, I guess it's just me then. I'm under the illusion that black/white race relations are a top priority because their ultimate effects are broad and deep and profound, and that Obama has had more than enough opportunity to utilize his bully pulpit to regularly address it. It doesn't take that much effort for a President's words to be noticed, especially on such an intensely sensitive issue. I guess he just hasn't been able to find the time, to squeeze a five-minute comment in here and there, during his administration.

He's definitely improved at golf, though. So that's a good thing.

So I'll stand corrected, my priorities are off. I thought this was a golden opportunity on a terribly critical issue. Hell, I thought the Broncos were going to the Super Bowl last year, too.

Links?

Must suck for you having obama ass breath every day of your life. :cool:

This surprisingly sounds like what Louis Farrakhan and Bill Cosby have been saying for years.

:eusa_whistle:

Many in the black community have been encouraging young black men to reach their potentials and stop making excuses.

How true. There's the Oreo Society...the Uncle Toms Club...the Acting White Association...Forgotten Roots Federation...the House Nigras United...the list goes on and on.

Say matt is that your corner boy making bombs to blow up his school and kill your class mates.If anybody should change its young white and Black men,what do you think,eh matt.

I stopped making excuses for blacks a long time ago. Two generations after the civil rights legislation was signed they still have a crime rate that is eight times the white rate; they have an illegitimacy rate that is three times the white rate; they still tend to score poorly on all the mental aptitude tests however they are designed; they tend to perform poorly in the class room and on the job.

It is time for white people to point our fingers at blacks and say, "You should be ashamed."

whites perform so poorly on the job,that the owners have moved their businesses overseas.Using that white priviledge sure gets the owners sloppy work production you want proof look at all those autos being called back,overpasses falling down . whites do badly period,they need to even the playing field.:doubt:

Forum List

Back