Obama: There's no longer room for excuses for black men

This surprisingly sounds like what Louis Farrakhan and Bill Cosby have been saying for years.

:eusa_whistle:

Many in the black community have been encouraging young black men to reach their potentials and stop making excuses.

Precisely. Bill Cosby and Louis Farrakhan are public figures, who make occasional public appearances . There are many grass roots, everyday people living within predominately minority communitities sending the same message everyday.

I stopped making excuses for blacks a long time ago. Two generations after the civil rights legislation was signed they still have a crime rate that is eight times the white rate; they have an illegitimacy rate that is three times the white rate; they still tend to score poorly on all the mental aptitude tests however they are designed; they tend to perform poorly in the class room and on the job.

It is time for white people to point our fingers at blacks and say, "You should be ashamed."

If I was a white citizen who expected to be around for the next 30 to 50 years, I would not be "pointing my finger" at anyone.

What I would be doing instead, is focusing on those within my circle of influence and responsibility and doing what I could to equip them to live and function within a multi racial society in this country, understanding that the population in the next few decades in America will be predominately "brown".

I stopped making excuses for blacks a long time ago. Two generations after the civil rights legislation was signed they still have a crime rate that is eight times the white rate; they have an illegitimacy rate that is three times the white rate; they still tend to score poorly on all the mental aptitude tests however they are designed; they tend to perform poorly in the class room and on the job.

It is time for white people to point our fingers at blacks and say, "You should be ashamed."

perform badly on the job,now thats a lie the ones who perform badly on the job are whites.Running around saying they dont want to work with Black men. Not being equipped to do the job put in front of them where as the Blackmen do the job exceptionly so much so they get the raises and the promotions,while the whites are crying the blues.I know this happens in Oil refineries throughout this country.

Forum List

Back