Obama to Congress: I don't need new permission on Iraq

Kosh

Quick Look Over There!
Feb 12, 2013
Everywhere but nowhere

Obama to Congress: I don't need new permission on Iraq - CNN.com

WOW the far left does not like to be told what to do. Now Obama would need Congressional authorization to make any military action in Iraq.

Had this been anyone with an (R) next to their name, the far left would be besides themselves.

I guess since Obama got away with his illegal war in Libya he will not start a true illegal war in Iraq.

Congress would happily give him permission so it's a moot point

No it is not if you want to do things legally! Which the far left would demand with someone with an (R) next to their name.

The reason Obama will not do this is because this is the mid term elections and if the far left back Obama's war in Iraq they will certainly loose the senate.

Remember it needs to be done legally and constitutionally.

Constitutionally, I agree he does need permission. However, Congress also passed a law authorizing the president to wage war on any nation that supports terrorism after 9/11. Unfortunately, a rather broad authorization. I don't recall that being repealed. So he may be arguing that.

No it is not if you want to do things legally! Which the far left would demand with someone with an (R) next to their name.

The reason Obama will not do this is because this is the mid term elections and if the far left back Obama's war in Iraq they will certainly loose the senate.

I completely get your point and I agree. However I think you missed my point. If Obama wants to send attack jets into Iraq on bombing missions congress would approve with a 90% majority. Bank on it

I completely get your point and I agree. However I think you missed my point. If Obama wants to send attack jets into Iraq on bombing missions congress would approve with a 90% majority. Bank on it

I dont know if it would be 90% but id expect bipartisan support. I dont think it should get so much though.

I doubt that it would be 90%. The hard core far leftist in Congress will not vote for war in Iraq, especially during the mid term elections.

Constitutionally, I agree he does need permission. However, Congress also passed a law authorizing the president to wage war on any nation that supports terrorism after 9/11. Unfortunately, a rather broad authorization. I don't recall that being repealed. So he may be arguing that.

Yes, but the leadership in Iraq is not sponsoring terrorism, it is the terrorists that threaten Iraq.

Although it is all ironic considering the years of propaganda that the far left put out there. For him now not to get permission show how hypocritical the far left was back in the Bush years. We still see that debunked propaganda now.

Notice how silent they are on this subject, almost like they are waiting for new commands to be downloaded to tell them how to think about this.

Hey he went into libya without congress' OK, and they did nothing about it, so I'm sure if he decides to do anything in Iraq he will do it unilaterally and get away with another violation of the law.

Our congress is so whipped that obama has been given a free hand to almost anything he wants, Constitution and the law be damned.

Not if they want to win their elections.

So in other words, Obama does not need congress because if he did it would split his own party going into the election season. Dems would either split with Obama, tea party would have to split with Republicans.

Dems would be hurt on a level never seen! Either way Tea party wins for anti war anti deficit or Dems lose if they split with their own party.

Obama to Congress: I don't need new permission on Iraq - CNN.com

WOW the far left does not like to be told what to do. Now Obama would need Congressional authorization to make any military action in Iraq.

Had this been anyone with an (R) next to their name, the far left would be besides themselves.

I guess since Obama got away with his illegal war in Libya he will not start a true illegal war in Iraq.

I said in the last few days that Obama should go to Congress and ask for a resolution authorizing military action,

just to make them go on the record. Just to find out who really wants it recorded that they wanted to send American troops BACK to Iraq.

As he said he doesn't need their approval to do that. as long as they are in and out within a certain timeframe.

Forum List

Back