Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
obama hates the military but loves unions

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched.
Trashing Tricare | Washington Free Beacon

Let me help condense the responses:

1. The Free Beacon as a source??? Really???

2. More pub-fauz outrage

3. Why do you hate Obama?

4. Racist

Now that, that is out of the way from the article:

The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.

No need to fear Obamatax is going to eventually screw the private sector just as was predicted. So there will be little alternative. Spreading universal misery a trait of the liberal left since FDR.

On edit I see TM was too fast in the knee jerk response.

Budget request includes TRICARE cut, military retirement details

Budget request includes TRICARE cut, military retirement details - Defense - GovExec.com

Does anyone realize when the government or the private sector says they are cutting the cost of health care they are not cutting the cost? They are merely moving who pays the cost? Health care costs are rising and rising without a shred of concern for the working man. During the Obamatax talks the drug companies were taken care of behind closed doors so expect very little help from that direction.

Tricare shouldn't be safe. We've not had a significant increase to it in quite some time.

Increasingly costly benefits for U.S. troops, if left unchecked, would force the military to shed so many war fighters that it would struggle to perform even its simplest missions.

The massive cost of America's all-volunteer military is unsustainable, states a blunt report released by a Washington, D.C.-based think tank Thursday.

"Over the past decade, the cost per person in the active duty force increased by 46 percent," the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Studies concludes.​

Study Warns Cost of U.S. Troops 'Is Unsustainable

It's easy to listen to someone like McGrath and think the military should be doing everything possible to recruit people like him, and then take care of them after they retire. But McGrath is the first to tell you that his military benefits — his $3,000 pension, and his health care — are costing his country too much money.

"My health care costs me the equivalent of approximately one triple latte a week, about $20 a month," he says. "My view — and this is my view only – is that my 21 years of service [is] rolled up into a great big love of country, and I think my country is in trouble."

Military retiree benefits cost the Pentagon $50 billion a year. That's more than next year's entire budget for the Department of Homeland Security. There are 1.9 million military retirees drawing pay and benefits, compared to 1.5 million in the active duty force. In 2010, then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates said those costs are "eating the Defense Department alive."​

Cutting Retiree Benefits A Sore Subject For Military

So Obama cuts the healthcare benefits of our military personnel.

So....what will they do when they can't afford treatment for PTSD? Exactly...they don't get treatment. So now we will have former soliders walking around, all of them potential ticking mental timebombs. And what will that result in? Possible killing sprees. And what will that result in? Clueless politicians wondering WTF caused this (guns will no doubt be involved in the resulting blame game).

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched.

I actually posted this two years ago. It's a proposal from GOP Senator Coburn, NOT Obama:

Tom Coburn?s cuts: Military?s Tricare Prime health care program targeted

So Obama cuts the healthcare benefits of our military personnel.

So....what will they do when they can't afford treatment for PTSD? Exactly...they don't get treatment. So now we will have former soliders walking around, all of them potential ticking mental timebombs. And what will that result in? Possible killing sprees. And what will that result in? Clueless politicians wondering WTF caused this (guns will no doubt be involved in the resulting blame game).

Calm down. This is a Republican Plan from two years ago. Not Obama. The article is a lie.

The American Legion slams veteran-unfriendly Coburn proposal to cut VA and military spending

The country is broke. We cant afford a lot of things. The market cant afford this anymore.

The rest of us have had our care slashed and our costs rise.

Everyone is on this ship, including the military.

The country is broke. We cant afford a lot of things. The market cant afford this anymore.

You have to make money by building, investing and education.

"JUST STOP DOING ANYTHING" won't work for obvious reasons. Neither did tax cuts for the wealthy or unfunded wars.

I actually posted this two years ago. It's a proposal from GOP Senator Coburn, NOT Obama:

From the link
February 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Fine cut public sector union benefits.

We can't afford to insulate the military from rising healthcare costs. Vets havent had a real raise in premiums in a long time.

That being said, I don't approve of the approach the admin is taking. Yes, premiums need to rise, but the proposals are far too steep and not mindful of retirees on fixed incomes.

We can't afford to insulate the military from rising healthcare costs. Vets havent had a real raise in premiums in a long time.

That being said, I don't approve of the approach the admin is taking. Yes, premiums need to rise, but the proposals are far too steep and not mindful of retirees on fixed incomes.

However obama didn't propose cutting public sector unions benefits.

Your link is a year old, and doesn't bother to actually link to any such "proposal".

So for all intents and purposes, it's bullshit.

From the link

It's a lie. Look at what else they say:

The administration is asking troops to get by without the equipment and force levels needed for global missions. “And now they are going to them again and asking them to pay more for their health care when you’ve held the civilian workforce at DoD and across the federal government virtually harmless in all of these cuts. And it just doesn’t seem fair,” the second aide said.

So Obama is going to send out troops with no equipment? DON'T BE SO FUCKING STUPID. Believe the "American Legion" over some right wing trash site.

However obama didn't propose cutting public sector unions benefits.

What are public sector benefits/premiums compared to military retirees?

Your link is a year old, and doesn't bother to actually link to any such "proposal".

So for all intents and purposes, it's bullshit.

Which your partisan reply makes no god damn sense.

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget
That's all you need to talk about.

From the link

It's a lie. Look at what else they say:

The administration is asking troops to get by without the equipment and force levels needed for global missions. “And now they are going to them again and asking them to pay more for their health care when you’ve held the civilian workforce at DoD and across the federal government virtually harmless in all of these cuts. And it just doesn’t seem fair,” the second aide said.

So Obama is going to send out troops with no equipment? DON'T BE SO FUCKING STUPID. Believe the "American Legion" over some right wing trash site.

You are a lie dean, it's expect that you will defend obama no matter what
You'll have no clothes on your back to make sure obama is defended.

Forum List

Back